Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 19th February 2010, 01:07   #91
Senior - BHPian

Didn't I tell you Ram garu the baby is gonna fire up good note and the side effect of which is we all are happy.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 09:17   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Didn't I tell you Ram garu the baby is gonna fire up good note and the side effect of which is we all are happy.
I agree with you Bala..This early morning,I went for a drive in the delight and it was truly a delightful experiance..there were only very very minor misfirings,which can be easily eliminated by my mechanic.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 19:43   #93
Senior - BHPian

Default Original Goodies for Delight

Another DELIGHTful factor when i acquired the Delight was the original goodies that came along with it.
1.Magneti Marelli Ignition Key - Each time i turn on the ignition switch with the original key,it gives me an DELIGHTful adrenelin rush.

2.Fiat Hub caps - All 4 of the Aluminuim Hub caps were preserved by the owner and he handed them over to me,with out showing much significance towards them.I fist gave a hug to this precious metal and realised my dream come true.Ofcourse I got the hub caps buffed and their original gleaming lustre came out.A true DELIGHt in my eyes !!!!

3.Owners Manual - Another immaculate preservation by the owner and one must say that i bought the car because the owners manual was too good to my DELIGHT.
Voila the pics of these goodies.
Attached Thumbnails
Acquiring a Fiat 1100 Delight-delight-hub-cap.jpg  

Acquiring a Fiat 1100 Delight-owners-manual.jpg  

Attached Images

hillram is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 20:24   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Another DELIGHTful factor when i acquired the Delight was the original goodies that came along with it.
1.Magneti Marelli Ignition Key - Each time i turn on the ignition switch with the original key,it gives me an DELIGHTful adrenelin rush.

2.Fiat Hub caps - All 4 of the Aluminuim Hub caps were preserved by the owner and he handed them over to me,with out showing much significance towards them.I fist gave a hug to this precious metal and realised my dream come true.Ofcourse I got the hub caps buffed and their original gleaming lustre came out.A true DELIGHt in my eyes !!!!

3.Owners Manual - Another immaculate preservation by the owner and one must say that i bought the car because the owners manual was too good to my DELIGHT.
Voila the pics of these goodies.
Hillram bhai in the previous pics of your delight the hub caps seemed dull aluminum and there was no shine on them.But in these pics they look like steel ones. What's the reason behind this.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 20:52   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Hillram bhai in the previous pics of your delight the hub caps seemed dull aluminum and there was no shine on them.But in these pics they look like steel ones. What's the reason behind this.
Sambhai,they are the same aluminium hubcaps.I got them buffed and polished and look at the difference.
Old 25th February 2010, 21:22   #96
BANNED

Ram, I can't believe they are aluminum wheel caps. They looks so neat now!

You are very very lucky to get such a well maintained Delight.!!!

Well, I have six of such wheel caps. But with lots of dents on them. Is it possible to remove these dents?
Attached Thumbnails
Acquiring a Fiat 1100 Delight-dsc00355.jpg  

arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 23:19   #97
Senior - BHPian

Arun..These dents can be removed as even the hub caps that came with the Delight had lots of dents,nicks and scratches.
This buffing guy in old city Hyderabad,did a marvellous job and charged peanuts for such an excellent craftmanship.
Old 25th February 2010, 23:20   #98
Senior - BHPian

An experienced tinkerer can do the job for you. You can get them dented out then buffed and polished but be there when the work is being carried out as anything can happen and your hard work of finding them will all drain out.Just my 2 cents. Although 5 of them can be brought back to originality i think that the sixth one is very much warped.
Old 25th February 2010, 23:36   #99
BANNED

Ram and Sagar.. Thank you for the advice. I feel happy now as the caps can be restored!

I have one more repro Delight wheel cap(not the '71 steel Delight wheel cap) of same design but of steel. That is very neat. So totally I have 7 of these!
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 23:41   #100
Senior - BHPian

Get one more cap to complete a double set.