Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2010, 23:07   #151
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Have sent you a PM with the solution.
Thanks a lot, you made my job so simpler.

Sadly, the 375 kms Chennai run (RTO for Fitness) had to be called off, as the car failed the test drives over the weekend.

The engine is tuned and running really well, but the Brakes and Clutch are

Will be opening up the Tandem Master cylinder tomorrow, and completing the work as directed by Sircar's DAD.

Once this is done, i definately would brave the HOT and SCORCHING Chennai just before the weekend.

BUT, today was the only day all through these 10 days, i could breathe easy, stay away from the car work which was just growing on me day by day.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 19:13   #152
Senior - BHPian
 
Lukeskywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,396
Thanked: 1,149 Times
Default

Saw the car at the painter's place today, wish the owner of the car sees the kind of effort put in and maybe he will then realise that what was discussed before start of resoration need not neccessarily be the way it is worked upon, especially in a vintage.

Kudos to you Pavan, you really have passion on hand.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 19:26   #153
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Saw the car at the painter's place today, wish the owner of the car sees the kind of effort put in and maybe he will then realise that what was discussed before start of resoration need not neccessarily be the way it is worked upon, especially in a vintage.

Kudos to you Pavan, you really have passion on hand.

Thank you very much, very kind of you, to say such words.

Mechanic incommunicado today, so no work done on the failed brakes.

We are trying to push our Fitness inspection at chennai by few more days, before being doubly sure about the brakes.

Tomorrow the car will be moved out again, hope things go well.

One pic from my vga phone, sorry for the bad pic.
Attached Images
 
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 00:03   #154
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

So what's the status on the master cylinder ?
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 20:55   #155
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
So what's the status on the master cylinder ?

We opened up the master cylinder, and had ordered few kits from Coimbatore.

One of the kits from a British car (BRITONS) matched.

Presently the clutch is butter smooth and the brakes a bit Butterey, but brakes fine.

We did some road testing again today. Results were amazing. The car drove as per expectations, i am the most happiest man on earth today

The car will be driven down to the Owners house tomorrow, before leaving on a long trip to Chennai on Tuesday. Sadly the car owner is out of country to see the cars progress.


Some really bad and some OK pics of testing.
Attached Images
         
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 21:02   #156
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore Cantonment
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Anna wonderful job done by you and your team. Happy to see the car On Road!

I stay in Hebbal, so tomorrow if you are going near the car PLEASE let me know.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 21:56   #157
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Anna wonderful job done by you and your team. Happy to see the car On Road!

I stay in Hebbal, so tomorrow if you are going near the car PLEASE let me know.
Thank you.

The car was test driven extensively today, we have almost covered 50-60 kms, in the day and also during night.

During the day, we had some small issues,

1) Radiator leaking
2) Carb had idle issues
3) Fuel supply

By the time i reached office after testing, it was afternoon, and i was scheduled to reach early by around 5:30 pm to do the night testing.

Reached workshop by around 7pm, gave him the repaired radiator, and all those small niggling issues , were sorted out by end of day.

Few hours ago, we complted yet another round of testing, No major issues. Car is running fine.

Few small things to be attended to tomorrow morning.

1) Fine tune the carb
2) Tappet adjustments
3) New rubber mounts for the balance rod.
4) Wheel balancing and alignment
5) Emmission testing.

With all the above, the car will be 100% fit to do the chennai run. HOPEFULLY.
Attached Images
             
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 22:08   #158
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
We opened up the master cylinder, and had ordered few kits from Coimbatore.

One of the kits from a British car (BRITONS) matched.

Presently the clutch is butter smooth and the brakes a bit Butterey, but brakes fine.

We did some road testing again today. Results were amazing. The car drove as per expectations, i am the most happiest man on earth today

The car will be driven down to the Owners house tomorrow, before leaving on a long trip to Chennai on Tuesday. Sadly the car owner is out of country to see the cars progress.


Some really bad and some OK pics of testing.
Congratulations for the success of the master cylinder and the complete restoration as well. Hope this car is maintained the way it has been done up to.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 22:14   #159
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore Cantonment
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Drool maal. Your house street is the most happening place in Bangalore!

What about front number plate?

P.S: Is that cutie in the last pic your daughter?
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 22:34   #160
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Congratulations for the success of the master cylinder and the complete restoration as well. Hope this car is maintained the way it has been done up to.
Most thanks to you. If your Dad had not given me the confidence, i would never have had ventured into repairing the Tandem Master Cylinder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Drool maal. Your house street is the most happening place in Bangalore!

What about front number plate?

P.S: Is that cutie in the last pic your daughter?
Aah...! My house is for sure the most happening place in the street

The front number plate will be put on tomorrow.

Thats my angel.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 22:36   #161
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Most thanks to you. If your Dad had not given me the confidence, i would never have had ventured into repairing the Tandem Master Cylinder.

Glad that we were of some help to you.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 22:36   #162
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,358
Thanked: 1,727 Times
Default

The car looks really hot on the streets! I am sure every single person on street noticed it.

Good luck for the trip to Chennai. Weather would be hot, so is the car!
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 22:48   #163
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Congratulations for the success of the master cylinder and the complete restoration as well. Hope this car is maintained the way it has been done up to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Glad that we were of some help to you.
That was more than help. Thank you once again.

I owe you guys a big one, anytime you are in Bangalore, please let me know first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
The car looks really hot on the streets! I am sure every single person on street noticed it.

Good luck for the trip to Chennai. Weather would be hot, so is the car!
Howdu saar, the Weather is HOT, So is the Car HOT and so does it run. HOTTT....!

Little finetuning might do the trick, let me see tomorrow.

Our Arun1100 has agreed to volunteer for some help tomorrow morning. (ha ha ha) also Lukeskywalker.

Thanks a lot guys. One big ride is pucca once the car is fully ready.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 12th May 2010 at 22:49.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 23:00   #164
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,330
Thanked: 1,540 Times
Default

Congrats pavan saar!! Finally your hard work has paid off!!

Great to see the car in it's full form! The rear windscreen doesnt do justice to your painstaking restoration job though...but of course, it was the owner's wish, so...as the Beatles said, whisper words of wisdom, let it be!

Good luck on the Madras trip!

PS: 'am yet to get an answer on the anti-rust strip applied at the bottom, saar!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 02:37   #165
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,880
Thanked: 3,266 Times
Default

Interesting piece of work done on the car Pavan. We really need some good quality daytime pics of the car. The car has really come a long way from what it was and what it is now.

No offence meant, but the rear of the car reminds me of the DC Amberoid. Also, I feel it would look better if the wheel well was painted black. The chrome strip on the right fender is also missing in the restored car.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blog on Terrible accidental repair experience at VW Bhopal sridhu Indian Car Dealerships 53 19th May 2014 13:54
Blog on terrible dealership experience at Pinnacle Nissan, Thrissur Gannu_1 Indian Car Dealerships 10 11th January 2014 16:27
Driving a British car on British roads - The Mini Cooper S! raj_5004 The International Automotive Scene 9 14th August 2013 09:47
Terrible experience of booking a Dzire vdi from Modern Automobiles, Ambala natthu Indian Car Dealerships 6 22nd May 2011 19:05
Terrible experience with i-Phone, dealer and service; advice needed Guna Gadgets, Computers & Software 10 21st October 2009 12:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks