Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 16th June 2010, 22:58   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Pavan,

Sorry to find this outcome, after all your effort/pains/time taken to restore this car! I do know the feeling when you're doing someone else's project and there is finally some due left! But this amount is way beyond tolerable! It would've served them well had you declined to finish the resto without them making this payment first!

Anyways, let's wait for their reply and see. God is there as they say! If they remain without paying for this now, they are sure to pay in some other way some day!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 23:10   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad event and a sad end to a painstaking job done with a good intention PAVAN. Hope better sense will prevail with that chap and his "servants" too.Guess he has many servants whom he pays (???) but he prefers not to pay bills.
I sympathise with you for whatever happened.
anjan_c2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 23:14   #228
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatMyLife View Post
Reading these mails, I am feeling terribly sad! I wonder how you are feeling. :-(

Hope the payments are cleared soon. Will the SERVANT be assigned to clear these payments?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Pavan sir my best wishes are with you. Hope the money is recovered from them ASAP. Also do note the condition of your Safari's battery which they would return. People of this level of thinking cannot be trusted anymore.
I require all the prayers buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Pavan,

Sorry to find this outcome, after all your effort/pains/time taken to restore this car! I do know the feeling when you're doing someone else's project and there is finally some due left! But this amount is way beyond tolerable! It would've served them well had you declined to finish the resto without them making this payment first!

Anyways, let's wait for their reply and see. God is there as they say! If they remain without paying for this now, they are sure to pay in some other way some day!
Shyam, i did not want to wash the dirty linen in public, but i have a lot of people to answer when it comes to this kind of money. Also the kind of immature reply over mail tossed me off. I have gone out of my way to help them to get this car restored and running fine the way it is today. i thought i am one amongst their family member, also tried the Chennai Drive against the wishes of my family, inspite of all this, very absurd mail is not what you want.

Be professional enough, and let it out straight.

As you say,I believe in sanctity of GOD,

Hope things end well.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 23:33   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Shyam, i did not want to wash the dirty linen in public, but i have a lot of people to answer when it comes to this kind of money. Also the kind of immature reply over mail tossed me off. I have gone out of my way to help them to get this car restored and running fine the way it is today. i thought i am one amongst their family member, also tried the Chennai Drive against the wishes of my family, inspite of all this, very absurd mail is not what you want.
Um, in case I didnt make my last post clear enough, I wish to state that I was referring to the towering due of Rs. 25k+ to be cleared by them as an amount beyond being tolerable or acceptable, since its definitely not a small amount!
Hence I too am certain they cant and must'nt ignore it by any means!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 01:47   #230
Senior - BHPian

Pavan, kudus to you on the restoration, the car is looking lovely. Its really sad that you are getting this kind of third degree treatment when its obvious at the effort and love and labour you have put in to restore the vehicle. Its pretty obvious that the owners are not aware of how badly things can go wrong here with restorations. 25k is peanuts next to all the work thats gone in. Congrats again, hope this does not dampen your spirit to work your magic on other deserving cars
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 05:25   #231
BHPian

HI Pavan,
I read this thread from the start and was hoping that the owner would go mad with happiness to see the rusting piece of metal restored to a beautiful car by your mechanics and you. Its really sad that because of few people the talent gene in all of us get insulted and wasted. But don't worry, think of this deal as a lesson and remember to deal with these type of people in future. And hey team-bhp can help you here. Just post him this link that how many people are reading this thread and how much wrath he has earned by his attitude and may be it might tinker him a bit to clear your dues.
Also you have gained goodwill of bhpians here. They now know whom to redirect their folks to in case any other duckling needs a restoration. Best of Luck.
Anandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 10:40   #232
Senior - BHPian

Worst comes to worst you can auction off the parts on ebay right? let me know when you begin the auction though.

On a serious note yes people tend to get unprofessional when it comes to making these final payments and tend to build these walls (read servants and what have you) to spare them and you of the akwardness (i encounter this everyday in the design business) but hey one must not be overcome by these walls and must persist shamelessly to get ones due. Be a Pathan if you must your a Banker for heavens sake All the best.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 10:51   #233
Team-BHP Support

Sad, unfortunately, your passion exceeded theirs. Next time, keep a cool head and ensure you are covered money wise and do not release the car until you get fully paid.

state that you want to meet in person to settle all dues and not with the servant.
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 10:53   #234
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

25k only for that restoration?? I cant believe it. Brilliant.

And the owner still acts like a well...

Whoever the owner is, his car and his history will be well known in the vintage and classic cars circle (a very small one at that). Not a good thing.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 10:56   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Pavan this is generally outcome of non-professional work. Non-professional here does not mean that your work was shoddy - far from it - but it was done "free". People believe do not believe when you do something from heart.

The first indication to me was when he started cutting your bills. Since you did not protest he has wrongly assumed that you were padding the bills and so no protest. Your good intentions were not understood or respected by him.

I wish you success in collecting the amount. And despite it appearing against your heart charge for the jobs. This way you will be able to also foot one or two bad customers while enjoying your passion.
sudev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 11:06   #236
BHPian

That "servant" mail is written by Beliappa's daughter. She sounds like one who's been isolated from the real world and doesn't know how to interact with other normal human beings. Maybe you can pass it off to her immaturity. Did you get to speak with the son-in-law who came to collect the car?

I hope you can recover your dues. The restoration looked like a nicely done job.

Last edited by echo77 : 17th June 2010 at 11:08.
echo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 11:14   #237
BHPian

Pavan,

This is shocking - how could someone owning a classic be this miserable! And what choice of words in the email! By the way, were You able to talk to Harsha?

Shouldnt be difficult for Wiproites to catch hold of this guy!

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 17th June 2010 at 11:15.
Rocky_Balboa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 11:27   #238
Senior - BHPian

This is a real sad end to a wonderful restoration. Looking at the figures, one can easily say that it wasn't too huge an amount for restoration taking into consideration its a vintage and it comes with its own complexities. The before and after pictures of the car tell the story. Its a tiny amount the owner has to settle. Why fuss about it. Why do these guys need such cars if they are so fussy.

I dont know if you will manage to recover the dues. Good luck! He may forget you, but the car will never
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 11:27   #239
BHPian

Pavan,

This shows the owner is not a true lover of any vintage car, he just want to show off in the streets that he also have one car.....

Only 26K for that restoration ? Its damn cheap...I must say

All the best to recover your money
girishpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 11:47   #240
BHPian

Sad turn of events Pavan; did not expect the owners to behave in the manner the they are doin gat present.

We pray that you dues are recovered at the earliest and the issue closed without much of pain to you and your family.
Hurrycane12 is offline   Reply With Quote