Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 18th June 2010, 04:50   #256
BHPian

Pavan I once heard a story somewhere.
When Taj Mahal was finished building, the king wanted to cut the hands of all artisans involved so that they cannot create another masterpiece. The Master architect said to king - i would like to make a small correction in the monument before you cut off our hands-king agreed. He then went inside the center dome and made a small hole somewhere which he only knew.Whenever it rains there is water seepage from the roof which drops water on top of the 2 tombs of king and queen even now and nobody is able to figure out where the hole was made.
Hope you get my point.
Anandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 07:21   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
Pavan I once heard a story somewhere.
When Taj Mahal was finished building, the king wanted to cut the hands of all artisans involved so that they cannot create another masterpiece. The Master architect said to king - i would like to make a small correction in the monument before you cut off our hands-king agreed. He then went inside the center dome and made a small hole somewhere which he only knew.Whenever it rains there is water seepage from the roof which drops water on top of the 2 tombs of king and queen even now and nobody is able to figure out where the hole was made.
Hope you get my point.
Sirji from where did you dug this piece of information. If its true then am not able to decide as to or .
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 10:10   #258
SMK
BHPian

A very happy birthday to you Pavan, May the day bring you the good news you have been waiting for. You deserve it mate!

Read through the whole story and found your enthusiasm, dedication and commitment to be unmatched. Awesome job done there. I only hope that the owner understands this and gives you credit for your achievement.

Have a good one!Cheers!!
SMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 10:30   #259
Senior - BHPian

Many happy returns of the day Pavan.Cheer up man.

As the saying goes ' Gratitude is the best attitude, Gratitude is the least of the virtues, but ingratitude is the worst of vices'

But some people do not seem to understand this.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 14:59   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Its a Buick Roadmaster

Lovely. Can we please see some pics of the Buick. What's the condition ?
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 22:23   #261
BHPian

Pavan,
Sorry to read about this experience. :(
Byas
71Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 19:19   #262
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Convertible View Post
Pavan,
Sorry to read about this experience. :(
Byas
Updates,

While on 18th i was promised payment by 19th- sadly nothing happened.

Again i was asked to collect the payment on 21st, and till late evening nothing materialised, based on their mail and sms i confirmed the workshop guys for Wednesday payment, and now...

The car owner's son-in-law has assured few minutes ago, that payment will be arranged for by tomorrow.

Things are taking a terrible turn.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 19:29   #263
BHPian

Oh no Pavan, they are just playing the delaying tactics (today, tomorrow, day after) to make the payment, not good :(

Hope tomorrow brings some better turn to the situation & they clear all the bills. You had mentioned that you have some items of the car with you still ?
How about your loaner battery ? Are they returning that too ?
nirmaljusdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 20:33   #264
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Oh no Pavan, they are just playing the delaying tactics (today, tomorrow, day after) to make the payment, not good :(

Hope tomorrow brings some better turn to the situation & they clear all the bills. You had mentioned that you have some items of the car with you still ?
How about your loaner battery ? Are they returning that too ?
Absolutely no idea

I am willing to wait yet another 48 hours.

Things are really getting sick

The metamorphosis of the car from what it was and what it is today.
Attached Images

Old 21st June 2010, 22:52   #265
BHPian

Pavan,
Just looked at the pics you posted. What happened to the tail lights that were on the car in your before pic. They look original (or very similar to the original ones), but the new ones don't look original.

The front turn signals were not original, but the replacements seem out of place. What was the reason for the change?

B
Old 21st June 2010, 23:04   #266
BANNED

Quote:
Pavan,
Just looked at the pics you posted. What happened to the tail lights that were on the car in your before pic. They look original (or very similar to the original ones), but the new ones don't look original.

The front turn signals were not original, but the replacements seem out of place. What was the reason for the change?

B
Hi Byas.

None of the fittings on the car were original to begin with.

I was interested in sourcing original fittings to restore the car, but the person owning the car had some other ideas in Mind.

He wanted some jazzy fittings and wanted a show car more per se.,

I tried my level best to retain its original flavours, but had to give in to his requests, afterall its his car and his money.

There are so much of work yet to be done on that car, But after the way things have turned, i am not aware of its fate.

BUT mechanically i have done full justice to that car, not one thing is a cheap replacement.

BTW:Byas! Are you in the country ? or moved....?

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 21st June 2010 at 23:13.
Old 22nd June 2010, 21:38   #267
BHPian

Last 6 days in India. Movers have taken all our stuff. Now just need to tie up loose ends. 6 more days to enjoy my bug.
Byas
Old 22nd June 2010, 22:19   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Last 6 days in India. Movers have taken all our stuff. Now just need to tie up loose ends. 6 more days to enjoy my bug.
Byas
Where you going Byas?
67Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 23:47   #269
BANNED

Angry Dirty Games rich people play

Today my mind told me i need to be a bit of jasoos. My numerous mails to Beliappa has gone un-answered since last 3 weeks, i felt something fishy.

Moved out of my office citing some lame reason, i go to Beliappa's house, a km away.

I can hear him talking to someone on the phone at his house

I did not want to confront him and returned back to call his landline by evening, my phone was answered by his daughter, i ask for her dad "No PAVAN he's not in the country, i dont know where he is"

How can such educated people behave like jokers, i tell her "Listen Enough of your cheap tricks, i visited your home today afternoon and i heard him dont give me stories " She's dumbstruck. Tries every possible answer and i know its a BIG FAT LIE.

What a big FRAUD this guy turns out to be. Unable to bear the workshop guys trouble, last 2 weeks ago, i had made a payment of Rs 12K and another 12K was promised tomorrow morning. OH GOD.....! this is becoming sick.

She says, get all the old parts and dump at home and collect the payment by Friday evening. This is ridiculous. I cannot do that since, firstly the workshop guys are jittery regarding the payment after the car is GONE, and how on earth will they ever give back the old parts without making payments. THATS IMPOSSIBLE. I tell her, i will direct the workshop guys to their home and they can deal with it themselves. to which she says NO NO.

Friday will be the last day i shall wait, if the payment does'nt come, then need to device other plans to get the payment out.
Old 23rd June 2010, 00:13   #270
BANNED

My last mail to those jokers, Barring the Son-in-law Harsha, who's not at all involved in this drama.

from Raghavendra Kadam <
to naren beliappa >,
KAVERI POOVAIAH <harsha.@***.com
date Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 12:08 AM
subject Wolseley Payment
mailed-by gmail.com
hide details 12:08 AM (2 minutes ago)

Hi

On the wake of recent events, i would want to convey my ill feeling towards the whole business of restoration of your said car.

Firstly i am doing a favour to you by restoring the car, I expected nor received any kind of monetory or any other kind of benefit during the restoration.

It was all actuall bills everytime. Over that your voluntary discounts on payments made.

If you would have got the car restored elsewhere, people would have ripped you off the money and time which is clearly 4 folds than what i have charged.

I have restored more than a dozen of cars so far since 10 years, none of my clients have been this CHEAP CHARACTER. Everyone paid up full money and appreciated my job.

The old parts of the car are of no use to any of the people at the shop nor me, all that will be returned once the payment is cleared. I have few parts though, which i will give it on Friday.

I want the payment by Friday 2 pm, failing which i am planning to make this public amongst every classic and vintage forums across India and especially in Bangalore,

Forget restoring other cars elsewhere, you will loose all respect, if i spread this news. Which will eventually happen.

Followed by legal procedures, since i have your mails / SMS's sent and voice recordings of Kaveri and You promising payments.

Once i pay the workshop guys and once my amount is cleared, i will pick all the parts pertaining to the car and will have it dropped at your home. I mean to do it as i have a bit of self respect, not spineless characters like you guys.

I never expected you guys to behave this CHEAP and DIRTY.

Expect to end this on a good note by Friday.

I wish the car best of luck for its future . Although i feel sad the way it ended.

regards....KADAM

--

Last edited by ajmat : 23rd June 2010 at 10:32. Reason: taken out email id's for privacy reasons