Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 23rd June 2010, 06:22   #271
Senior - BHPian

So finally the Karamchand trick did the magic, hoping that you receive the said amount by Friday. Best of Luck.
samsag12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 08:42   #272
BHPian

Pavan,
Really feeling sorry for the whole episode. You can really take few garage people with you to that person's house and ask for the payment. May be he will realease the payment seeing many people alongwith you.

This is just my suggestion, I don't know if this is right or wrong. But now you have very few options left, so you can try.

And yes, you have done a great job with the car. Keep the good work going!
Jayant..B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 13:31   #273
BHPian

Great restoration job Pavan. Appreciate your dedication and passion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
The car owner is indeed a T-BHP'ian (Americans58-65)
I can't imagine a BHP'ian doing such unethical things like these.
- Not showing interest in the actual works involved, sending stinker mails, not paying bills, not showing respect to your hard work, and above all lying that he is out of country when he is at home.

We should demand an explanation from him in this forum and if he fails to give one, he should be banned and blacklisted from Team-BHP, IMO.
This may sound like a moral policing act but he has used Team-BHP to get the contacts of Pavan and took advantage of Pavan's enthusiasm.
ch.nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:49   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
My last mail to those jokers, Barring the Son-in-law Harsha, who's not at all involved in this drama.

--
Same/similar reasons why I ditched out of the SS80 (Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX)'s restoration project which was very near to the finishing! It was belonging to one of my (ex)friend who played such foul games, letting the ladies (rather to be called as females) of his family to do the indirect talking when it happened I for the last time I visited their place. Despite I spending my time & money out of my pocket, all I got was a bad remark & ill-experience! Should have spent those 30-35k for myself or our car for a better thingy!

Such a dumb thing to do! That experience left me almost a hater of cars & friends! So decided a refresher to my MIND by doing what I wanted to do since long time back, Motorsports - Dakshin Dare 2010 (Dakshin Dare Rally 2010)! Atleast am not at unhappy anymore, despite the huge expenditure for the event.

PS: Get rid of this mess asap & only spend your quality time for yourself!

Last edited by tantragna : 23rd June 2010 at 14:55.
tantragna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:11   #275
Senior - BHPian

Pawan.

Its a shame things went wrong ..... but its equally shocking that you are posting your side of the ongoing in detail out here !!!

With all due respects I would suggest you keep the details of what is actually going on between you and the other parties private as for one it doesn't add any value to this thread or forum, secondly it is a private matter between the two parties. Washing dirty linen in public has never done anyone any good.

It is always a good idea to get everyting down on paper in the form of a contract before you start work on anyones car. From experience I can state that when money is in the picture things can go sour quickly even between best of friends and family.

The only scope is to keep it professional, document the deal, and then deliver the car once the final payment is done.

Please don't take offence from this post as none is intended
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:39   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Pawan.

Its a shame things went wrong ..... but its equally shocking that you are posting your side of the ongoing in detail out here !!!
@Wasif Bhai

The car owner is a T-BHP'ian (Americans58-65) and i am sure he has used Team-BHP to get Pavan's contact details.

He enjoys the same privilege to post comments on this forum as much as Pavan does.I personally think Pavan has not done anything wrong by clearing his chest.

The restoration of this beauty was also a private affair and that was not kept secret and i dont think this disgraceful act of the owner should be a secret too.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 23rd June 2010 at 16:54. Reason: Comments
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 17:13   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
@Wasif Bhai

The car owner is a T-BHP'ian (Americans58-65) and i am sure he has used Team-BHP to get Pavan's contact details.

He enjoys the same privilege to post comments on this forum as much as Pavan does.I personally think Pavan has not done anything wrong by clearing his chest.

The restoration of this beauty was also a private affair and that was not kept secret and i dont think this disgraceful act of the owner should be a secret too.

Its best to clear any issues privately rather than in from tof the whole world.

And this forum and this specific thread is about cars and the Wolsley in question.

The debate if it needs to be extended could be moved to a specific thread on this but it has no place on an auto restoration thread
Old 23rd June 2010, 17:22   #278
BHPian

Wasif,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I personally think Pavan has not done anything wrong by clearing his chest.

I too think there is nothing wrong with Pavan sharing these interactions in the forum. There are threads in this forum where members have posted their communication details they had with dealers.

Pavan has put-in a lot of effort into this job and he deserves to be treated better and to be allowed to share his feelings.

See, only because he has shared these details, we've got a good advice from you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
It is always a good idea to get everyting down on paper in the form of a contract before you start work on anyones car. From experience I can state that when money is in the picture things can go sour quickly even between best of friends and family.

The only scope is to keep it professional, document the deal, and then deliver the car once the final payment is done.
Sharing our experience and learning form each other are not bad things to do

Last edited by ch.nathan : 23rd June 2010 at 17:36.
Old 23rd June 2010, 19:16   #279
Senior - BHPian

Well that is my view of the thing. Its fine with me if it si not accepted.

As far as I can see any discuss on this thread other than of the actual restoration of this car is off topic.

Maybe it can be taken to an appropriate part of the forum where such problemsd are discussed and redressed.

Also what i gather form all the supporting posts is that people have actually come to a conclusion that thsi guy is being mean to pavan.

Though it appears to eb the case I for wone would reserve passing judgment on this till I hear what the other party has to say on this.

Its just a matter of hearing both sides of an argument to arrive at an acurate decision. So in this case when the oposing party is not contributing to the flow then its best to keep it private and post the outcome instead of draggin all of us thru it step by step.
Old 23rd June 2010, 23:00   #280
BANNED

Hi guys, Thanks to everyone for intervention.

This thread was meant to share my experience during the whole project, i usually call such restorations "EXPERIENCE" (Like the Willys Jeep restoration last time around) due to it being an outside project, given by an unknown person. I usually accept restorations between friends and family, wherein by gods grace for over a dozen of restorations no ill feelings between anyone, every place i've got appreciation and constructive criticism.

I have shared my experience during the whole process, and i dont feel i have done wrong by revealing the inside story, this was very essential since i am not a COMMERCIAL RESTORER, i do it as a hobby and i feel there are many such enthusiasts like me who just out of excitement take outside projects and suffer.

Atleast i am giving a correct insight into the experience that any of us might undergo.

Friday is the D-Day, its either i get the payment cleared or i drive back any car i see at his house. I am taking all the 15 people at the workshop to whom he owes money. Will not resort to extortion since i have lot of self respect for myself.

I may get the money or may not, but i will give my last try.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 23:38   #281
Senior - BHPian

Good luck to you Pavan.

Hey, just a small suggestion:
Please change the name of this thread. It sounds as though the "terrible experience" had anything to do with the poor li'l Wolseley..
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 23:38   #282
BHPian

All the best Pavan, sounds like a good idea to take all the mechanics along !

Without the intention of creating a scene, the sight of them all should force him into making the payment on the spot. Land up unannounced since knowing the background of this guy, he may choose to disappear once again !

IMO, agree with you sharing with all the details about this guy, would prevent others from getting ripped off by such unethical characters.

Good business is clean business & you haven't indulged in any unethical dealings, hence you deserve all the pending payments.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 09:20   #283
BHPian

Wish you all the best Pavan.

But taking 15 people and driving back his cars from his house sound too aggressive!
It could complicate things.
I would advise you to pick five of them, meet the car owner and put across your points (or intentions) clear. Keep your cool.

Just my opinion. Final call is yours, of course!
Old 24th June 2010, 11:50   #284
Senior - BHPian

Driving back any car you see at his house may be fine but be prepared to spend some quality time away from your cars and work courtsey of state police when they report the car as stolen...LOL

Taking 15 or 500 people will still clasify as stealing.

Ther are more reasonable methods to sort it out instead of resorting to break the law

LOL do you feel taking 15 people with you is not extortion......

Last edited by wasif : 24th June 2010 at 11:51.
Old 24th June 2010, 12:36   #285
Team-BHP Support

Really the fact is
1: It should have been made clear that the restoration was being done as a favour
2: You should have taken reasonable advances and made it clear that you would be taking advances at the various stages
3: I think you need to first talk to him. Yes, he has lied saying he is away. Would be best just to bump into him and get a dialouge going

Don't let your anger get the better of you
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote