Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 13th April 2010, 07:55   #166
Senior - BHPian

It surely was a lucky day for you Shiva bhai. Its great to see you got the parts and services you required the most. Loved that centre light grill. wonder how was it kept for so long that there is not even a minor scratch on the grill as well as the light surround.
BTW whats that motor in the pic. Is it the wiper motor of FIAT ??
samsag12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 08:33   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
It surely was a lucky day for you Shiva bhai. Its great to see you got the parts and services you required the most. Loved that centre light grill. wonder how was it kept for so long that there is not even a minor scratch on the grill as well as the light surround.
BTW whats that motor in the pic. Is it the wiper motor of FIAT ??
Ha sagarji, it was indeed a lucky day yesterday for me. Yes the motor in the picture is the wiper motor which used to come on the elegants. Now am restoring the car with renewed vigour going through all the nooks and crannies personally . The car has again gone back to the denter yesterday as I was not satisfied with some of the body work. Hope everything turns out well
Cyberdoctorind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 08:44   #168
Senior - BHPian

So finally are you going to convert the head lamp wells or keeping the padmini ones ??
samsag12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 09:17   #169
Senior - BHPian

Shiva you are turning out to be a lucky chap, we are happy for you, keep doing the good job. Shiva did you point out the dent ont he left side which we discussed. Did you find a starter motor for you buddy. All the very best for the rest of the restoration.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 09:43   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
So finally are you going to convert the head lamp wells or keeping the padmini ones ??
Yes that's the whole idea even before to have the smaller headlamps for the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Shiva you are turning out to be a lucky chap, we are happy for you, keep doing the good job. Shiva did you point out the dent ont he left side which we discussed. Did you find a starter motor for you buddy. All the very best for the rest of the restoration.
Thanks Bala, the entire left fender would be removed today to take care of the inner wheel well so the dent should be rectified today hopefully
Old 14th May 2010, 16:58   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

:BEEEEEEEEEP: Updates shiva gaaru!! Clear out the dust and cobwebs in this thread!

Whats the status of your baby now??
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 21:05   #172
Senior - BHPian

Default Boot lock internal locking lever

Dear Shiva, please find attached picture of boot lock mechanism on the inside of the Boot. Its the same as the one I have posted on your thread previously from the parts manual. Sorry for the poor quality of the pick put its extremely difficult to take snaps inside the boot of a Dukkar Fiat
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-imag0232.jpg  

the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 23:08   #173
BHPian

Thanks Amol for the photograph, now that I have a reference I can ask the denter to fabricate one for me. On a different note, my car is being worked on to retrofit the smaller headlights
Old 14th June 2010, 23:22   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey shiva, glad to see you back in form here!

What about the actual updates (read PICS.) of the car, boss??! C'mon, what is it that you're so shy to show here??!!

Is the suspension/chassis fitted back? I incidentally caught a glimpse of your car the other day as I was passing that route while going home from attapur. Place was all crammed up with other cars there plus I was in a hurry, so couldnt check out your car in detail.
Old 16th June 2010, 07:53   #175
BHPian

Shyam Saab, yes the suspension / chassis is done. Brakes completed at the cylinder level and yet to go on to fix the master cylinder. The car at present is being worked on to retrofit the smaller headlamps and the final body work at a veteran's garage. Call me sometime and I shall take you to the place where my car is worked on at present.
Old 16th June 2010, 08:50   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
The car at present is being worked on to retrofit the smaller headlamps and the final body work at a veteran's garage. Call me sometime and I shall take you to the place where my car is worked on at present.
Hey, that's great news! So you've finally taken it to him...but when was this btw? I saw the car still at the same garage where we used to go to see it, just on saturday! So this means things are going at a faster pace now...good!

But do resume posting pics. here, this thread needs to be made all colourful again!
Old 16th June 2010, 19:21   #177
BHPian

Default Conversion of Headlights from larger to smaller

At last, the process of conversion from larger to smaller headlights has commenced. The Right side is being worked on at present and we have seen that the ring on the car that is present is the one that should be present in the one with the smaller headlights as well. The measurements taken shows that 2 inches of the metal has been chopped for the conversion to larger HL. Posting Pictures at this moment is a problem as my home net has an issue and my office laptop does not allow any USB drives for the pictures transfer.

All I can say is that I am a satisfied soul at last. The denter who is working on the car seems to remove all my worries at last. Measurements to the dot are being taken using a millicento(under going restoration just beside my car) which has the smaller headlights as a reference.
Old 16th June 2010, 22:47   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
At last, the process of conversion from larger to smaller headlights has commenced.
Posting Pictures at this moment is a problem as my home net has an issue and my office laptop does not allow any USB drives for the pictures transfer.

All I can say is that I am a satisfied soul at last. The denter who is working on the car seems to remove all my worries at last. Measurements to the dot are being taken using a millicento(under going restoration just beside my car) which has the smaller headlights as a reference.
Great to know that finally your objective has been achieved!!
Your perseverance sure paid off! I know only too well how much pains you took in just finding the man to do the job the way you expected.

Arre yaar, you should've let me know about your challenge with posting pics.! What do I always carry a camera around for?
Old 17th June 2010, 00:03   #179
Senior - BHPian

Ahh! what a relief! atlast you found the denter for getting the headlamp resize. I still remember you boggling your mind for the same, this is no less than the Aurangazeb effort to win the battle. Congratulations my friend. I salute your perseverence and the effort, know how you are putting into the car and again wishing you all the very best of luck. I am damn confident the car will become a brand new factory specification.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 17:40   #180
Senior - BHPian

We did have this fiat with us and it was our first car.

I remember My DAD restoring the front grill as it had the newer model grills in it.We got it done in broder thotam in chennai .The fog lights we bought and the two steel/aluminium horizontal bar in grill were made to order.

We painted it to the sky blue ,which i think you too are planning to.

All these were in 1985-87 i guess.

If am right the car was reregistered and the earlier number was MQS 9091

All the best for your restoration
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote