Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-image116.jpg  

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-image118.jpg  

imperial.s.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 21:40   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperial.s.a View Post
hi use the indsuzuki headlights with the ring it looks nearly orginal and good night vision
Sharif Bhai if you mean the round ones of TVS- Suzuki then yes, those lights are real bright and at par with others. I have been blinded by them many times. But does the size of (TVS Suzuki Samurai) matches??

P.S. I saw your recent post only after my post.

Last edited by manishalive : 26th November 2009 at 21:42.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 21:42   #78
BANNED

Quote:
this is how the ind suzuki head lights look on the mellicento
Looks good enough. Lovely front parking lights.!
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 22:10   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Arun did you notices the bucket seats, though lovely look out of place.
Old 26th November 2009, 22:47   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
IMHO, these Ind Suzuki replacement lights for the Millecento look even better than the Jawa/Yezdi Lights that Fiat owners were using when there was no other choice.
If these are still available, they will serve as good stop gap fitment in disguise, till one can set his hands on an OH REE G NAL Italian set.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 22:53   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
IMHO, these Ind Suzuki replacement lights for the Millecento look even better than the Jawa/Yezdi Lights that Fiat owners were using when there was no other choice.
If these are still available, they will serve as good stop gap fitment in disguise, till one can set his hands on an OH REE G NAL Italian set.
too, on seeing the pics. of the Millecento.

However, one question- to fit them on, one would have to alter the headlight aperture/fender edge back to the smaller dimension to accomodate these, which would be the case in shiva's car. How is that to be executed? Is it a bit risky to try? Amol had fender edges with the original headlight apertures cut out from a scrapped millecento, which he had fixed onto the fenders of his car. But in the absence of these, how does one get it right?
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 23:06   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
too, on seeing the pics. of the Millecento.

However, one question- to fit them on, one would have to alter the headlight aperture/fender edge back to the smaller dimension to accomodate these, which would be the case in shiva's car. How is that to be executed? Is it a bit risky to try? Amol had fender edges with the original headlight apertures cut out from a scrapped millecento, which he had fixed onto the fenders of his car. But in the absence of these, how does one get it right?
We are all facing the same problem. However, in my case, I am going to replicate the profile from my other Dukkar that has the Original small Headlight assembly. All you need is a good old timer tinker who could wonderfully deliver the new result with his expertise. Of course, in the absence of another car to copy from, it may be a real challenge, but not impossible once you have gathered the hardware around which the fenders have to be re-crafted.
Old 26th November 2009, 23:11   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
this is how the ind suzuki head lights look on the mellicento
Guys the Ind Suzuki lights are really looking superb.
A friend of mine has a small headlight elegant he's restoring, and is desperately looking for lights. Can I safely recommend these ?
Btw what about the 'khoblas' ? (I mean the 'nest' units that hold the headlamp ?)
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 23:32   #84
BHPian

Default Head Khoblas for Millecento / Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Guys the Ind Suzuki lights are really looking superb.
A friend of mine has a small headlight elegant he's restoring, and is desperately looking for lights. Can I safely recommend these ?
Btw what about the 'khoblas' ? (I mean the 'nest' units that hold the headlamp ?)
A fellow bhpian and a close friend who owns a Garage in town and is an experienced hand with FIATs, suggested that for starters we could procure the PADMINI khoblas available today and try modifying them to the smaller units by a skilled tinker.
I am going to try this with BML 8114 when I decide upon giving her a minor facelift temporarily, in the near future.
Old 27th November 2009, 07:01   #85
Senior - BHPian

Also do we need to fabricate a ring around the headlight doom so as to fix it on to the body and to carry the spring loaded screws required for headlight adjustment.
Old 27th November 2009, 10:53   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Also do we need to fabricate a ring around the headlight doom so as to fix it on to the body and to carry the spring loaded screws required for headlight adjustment.
Obviously to accomodate the smaller diameter headlight the ring will be necessary. But, I am not sure how easy it is to fabricate this one.
Not impossible, though.
Old 30th November 2009, 18:39   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
I need help in sourcing the 4 window winder mechanism without which my restoration would not be complete at any cost.
I would need to say that Suren was just god sent in my moments of grief and has gifted me with the complete set of window winder mechanisms that I was looking for as a replacement to the one's I have lost. Thank you very much Suren, I owe you big for this favor.

Special thanks to Amol, who also helped me zero in on the winders from his source and to Manish who have suggested me a donor car for these winders. Kudos to the team spirit of the Bhpian's
Cyberdoctorind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 19:32   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would need to say that Suren was just god sent in my moments of grief and has gifted me with the complete set of window winder mechanisms that I was looking for as a replacement to the one's I have lost. Thank you very much Suren, I owe you big for this favor.
Congrats, shiva! Glad to hear the good news!

Needless to say, sure must be a huge relief to you!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 19:47   #89
BHPian

Had seen a FIAT at Lower Masab Tank with a coat of red oxide a couple weeks ago, is this the same car?
gendarmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 20:04   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Special thanks to Amol, who also helped me zero in on the winders from his source and to Manish who have suggested me a donor car for these winders. Kudos to the team spirit of the Bhpian's
Sir,

Nice to hear of good news and as always there to help . Pictures, Pictures Pictures where are those. Also put pics of components bought from the WBF scrapped car.