Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2009, 12:00   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 671 Times
Default MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.

All,

Shortly I am going for the restoration of my 1959 Fiat Select and as norm I am Starting a new thread.

Providing here the pictures already present else were. Will take detail pictures of Car and Parts in Stock in next two days.

MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-dsc04703.jpg

MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-dsc04704.jpg

MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-dsc04705.jpg

MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-dsc04706.jpg

MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-dsc04707.jpg

MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-dsc04708.jpg

MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-dsc04709.jpg

MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-dsc04710.jpg

MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-dsc04533.jpg

More Details and Info will soon be provided.
Attached Thumbnails
MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-door.jpg  


Last edited by manishalive : 20th November 2009 at 12:01.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 12:05   #2
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore Cantonment
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Manish's Dream!!

Finally Manish!! The time has come for the restoration of 4142
arun1100 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 12:08   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

But why is the current number plate on the vehicle different?

Does not look like 4142.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 12:36   #4
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,310
Thanked: 1,507 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
But why is the current number plate on the vehicle different?

Does not look like 4142.
Beejay, his car is from MP, and over there, ALL existing vehicles are supposed to be mandatorily re-registered, thanks to the formation of a separate new state (Chattisgarh) out of the original MP state. Hence all former MP vehicles in Chattisgarh have to be re-registered as CG(?) and all in the present MP state also have to be re-registered as MP-01 etc. Unfortunately even vintage/classic vehicles have not been exempted from this rule! :(

Hence manish's fiat carries the new MP regn.

Last edited by Stanher : 20th November 2009 at 12:38.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 12:58   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Beejay, his car is from MP, and over there, ALL existing vehicles are supposed to be mandatorily re-registered, thanks to the formation of a separate new state (Chattisgarh) out of the original MP state. Hence all former MP vehicles in Chattisgarh have to be re-registered as CG(?) and all in the present MP state also have to be re-registered as MP-01 etc. Unfortunately even vintage/classic vehicles have not been exempted from this rule! :(

Hence manish's fiat carries the new MP regn.
Thanks for the information. Its sad that a new number board does look out of place on a vintage.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 13:08   #6
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 3,059
Thanked: 4,611 Times
Default

Dear Manish - please give engine compartment photographs also.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 13:48   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 671 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Manish - please give engine compartment photographs also.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Yes sir, ah tomorrow is saturday. There is lot of work to do on the car. There is a PM for you.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 14:01   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
SuperSelect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 220 Times
Default

So.. she goes in for the resto !!
Wish you all the best Manish. Do take this slowwwly and steadily, and you will see your dream unfold right in front of your eyes !
We shall all wait with bated breath, to see this baby transform into a thing of beauty !
Have a Fiatful experience .
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 14:05   #9
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,310
Thanked: 1,507 Times
Default

Manish, have you got the original (long "shoulder") rear bumper yet? You car seems to bee fitted with a shorter one, maybe from a post-67 fiat (delight)
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 14:14   #10
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore Cantonment
Posts: 1,642
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Manish, have you got the original (long "shoulder") rear bumper yet? You car seems to bee fitted with a shorter one, maybe from a post-67 fiat (delight)
Ya Shyam its of delight, I got the Original Long bumper for him two days back.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 14:39   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 671 Times
Default

All,

Yes I got the Bumpers. Also have got lot of other stuff with help also from BHPians also. I will be posting all of that pictures over the weekend.

Now to start over I visited sites of Locktite, Pidilite and others got few good supplies list

Brake lube and Anti Seize Compound. (3M)
WD 40 For Obvious reasons
Fevitite Epx epoxy for bonding metal, glass
M seal 55 gasket Sealant
M Seal N 30 Gasket making liquid
Loctite 242 Threadlocker
Loctite Pro Strength Parts Cleaner
Loctite 5900 Flange Sealant, Heavy Body RTV Silicone
Rustolene for removing Rust

Further I have Identified 3 other manufacturers to look for their products
1. Anabond 2. Wruth 3. Br Beck Chemicals Pune

Those will give me enoughf products for the Cleaning, treating and assembling my car (apart from the Painting products).


Also friends I need suggestion on the color for the CAR.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 19:08   #12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,489
Thanked: 4,535 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Beejay, his car is from MP, and over there, ALL existing vehicles are supposed to be mandatorily re-registered, thanks to the formation of a separate new state (Chattisgarh) out of the original MP state. Hence all former MP vehicles in Chattisgarh have to be re-registered as CG(?) and all in the present MP state also have to be re-registered as MP-01 etc. Unfortunately even vintage/classic vehicles have not been exempted from this rule! :(

Hence manish's fiat carries the new MP regn.
Manish your beauty is pretty original but needs a lot of TLC. I am sure it will come out with flying colours from the garage. Am seeing the rear view mirror of the Fiat 1100 after a long time. Believe its the original one that housed the interior lights which also used to get activated upon opening the front doors. The Ambassador or Landmaster did not have this feature.
Coming to the number change Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh follow the same registration procedures and all pre-July 1st 1989 motor vehicles ( may be any year )have been re-registered using the ZD series viz. CG 04 ZD 1221 and so on like that.
Eversince 01/07/89 the new MV Act came into being and the MP series commenced viz. MP 04,05 and so on.
Maharashtra, the neighbouring state is more sane and has exempted all older vehicles from re-registration.Even the erstwhile Bombay State registrations are valid.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 19:19   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,393
Thanked: 917 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Manish your beauty is pretty original but needs a lot of TLC. I am sure it will come out with flying colours from the garage. Am seeing the rear view mirror of the Fiat 1100 after a long time. Believe its the original one that housed the interior lights which also used to get activated upon opening the front doors. The Ambassador or Landmaster did not have this feature.
Coming to the number change Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh follow the same registration procedures and all pre-July 1st 1989 motor vehicles ( may be any year )have been re-registered using the ZD series viz. CG 04 ZD 1221 and so on like that.
Eversince 01/07/89 the new MV Act came into being and the MP series commenced viz. MP 04,05 and so on.
Maharashtra, the neighbouring state is more sane and has exempted all older vehicles from re-registration.Even the erstwhile Bombay State registrations are valid.



I think only MP has done this most unwanted procedure.
In kerala,TN,karnataka all registration numbers that existed in 1956 are still valid
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 22:22   #14
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,310
Thanked: 1,507 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Maharashtra, the neighbouring state is more sane and has exempted all older vehicles from re-registration.Even the erstwhile Bombay State registrations are valid.
That is because it is still the same state with only the name changed. Same is the case of Tamil Nau and Karnataka with the Madras state and Mysore state regns. respectively beeing allowed to continue.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 22:50   #15
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,489
Thanked: 4,535 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
That is because it is still the same state with only the name changed. Same is the case of Tamil Nau and Karnataka with the Madras state and Mysore state regns. respectively beeing allowed to continue.
No Stanher actually Maharashtra was a newly demarcated state with a part of the Central Province (some of it went to Madhya Pradesh) and also the erstwhile Bombay state, a part of which went to Gujarat.Nagpur was the capital of Central Province. But very old vehicles with the CP number plates were changed over to the BY series when these became a part of Bombay State.So the CP number plates were gone in the 1950's as I could gather.But BY and BM never changed to MH and so on.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Restoration - 1963 Fiat 1100 Super Select karlosdeville Post-War 95 3rd June 2017 12:46
Restoration of "Vinty", a 1960 Fiat Select 1100! CAC444 Post-War 105 10th December 2016 01:13
Kolkata - 1959 Fiat Milicento / Select FIAT'57'Kolkata Post-War 48 4th September 2013 22:51
The MPR-999 is here! (Universal Learning Steering Remote Control ) frankmehta In-Car Entertainment 110 2nd April 2012 18:45
1959 Chevrolet Belair Restoration. junkmn Post-War 3 26th December 2010 12:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks