Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 21st December 2009, 14:51   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartikars View Post
Sorry folks for the confusion. I checked the RCTC book. Its a 1971 model.
There you go. Confirmed DELITE and not PRESIDENT.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 21:31   #17
BHPian

Does anyone have any idea about the range of original colours that came for the FIAT 1100 Delight in India. Please post the scans if possible.
wartikars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 01:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi wartikars hearty congratulations for having one Delite (Delightfull for you), though I confirm my self to be no good to comment on the originality of a car however when compared to all the fiat lovers here but with the Intrest I have for delite and in the recent days hunt for a pair of delite bumpers made me feel you car seems to having the original bumpers going by the slimness but it has the Premier Padminis stoppers or dampers (sorry don't know the techinical name) I have put green spots on them. I have circled the curves aswell for identification. am sure experts can confirm it.

You also need chrome wiper blades, do you have the 1100D badge on the trunk, you may need aluminium wheel caps and side trim etc

You also need to have a detailed set of pictures taken (engine bay, interiors) as well as exteriors once the keys are handy for a detailed comment about what all is required for the car and what needs to be done.

It should not be as hard as restoring a milecento/superselect etc but however when TEAM BHP is with you why to fear my dear. All the best of luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Help required: Restoring my 1972 FIAT 1100D-1100d.jpg  

chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 21:41   #19
BHPian

Chanu! Yes you are absolutely right!

I need the original stoppers or dampers, chrome wiper blades, a FIAT 1100D badge on the trunk, you may need aluminium wheel caps and side trim and the air filter chamber. But rear-view mirror & the aluminium door handles are original. Please do you know from where I can source these original items.

Do you know anything about the original range of paints for FIAT 1100 Delights. I also need an original steering wheel. I have also got the original grill & the grill badge.
Old 10th March 2010, 21:53   #20
BANNED

Quote:
C
Do you know anything about the original range of paints for FIAT 1100 Delights. I also need an original steering wheel. I have also got the original grill & the grill badge.
My favorite Colors in Delight is Nimbus(dark gray).

Here is a pic of President. But the color in Delight was same.
Help required: Restoring my 1972 FIAT 1100D-dsc01371.jpg

Help required: Restoring my 1972 FIAT 1100D-11d_f1.jpg
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 01:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Now that paint issue is resolved. For the spares what you've mentioned the only source is the scrap yard apart form the spare part shops (if lucky to get one new) however need to be careful with the quality and the brand. Please follow the other thread as "Premier Padmini - Parts to stock for future" which will give you more ideas and knowledge to acquire parts. Even I am looking for Delite slim steering (I'm sure the one who said will get me is reading this).

It's a constant process, visit scrap yards frequently (which i am unable to do due to my work schedule) , create rappot and let them know your wish list and if you are lucky enough you will get parts of some Delite for your baby.

Once again reitrating our beloved friends are there to guide and help you. Just go ahead buddy.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 21:56   #22
BHPian

Thanks to you all! I will surely look out for spare at the scrap yard but where are they?
Old 11th March 2010, 22:15   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks to you all! I will surely look out for spare at the scrap yard but where are they?
Sir,
I think karlosdeville should be able to guide you. Send him a PM.
arun1100 is offline   Reply With Quote