Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2010, 19:04   #166
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,333
Thanked: 1,545 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Guys...! How is the gearing pattern on the Herald, and what kind of rubber beadings for the body where the glass sits when raised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Today we sprayed the 3M antirust coating on the inside.
Hey pavan,
Great going! Sorry I too couldnt post because of being down in health this week!

Reg. gear pattern, 'hope this pic. will help. As Sidhartha says, for reverse, you need to press but move not exactly in first gear position but towards the left, then upwards.

The 3M antirust coat looks good!
If only I were able to try it out!

Name:  IMG_0868.jpg
Views: 1621
Size:  101.7 KB
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2010, 23:52   #167
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
@pavan - the gear shift is H , reverse is push down and into 1st gear position.

great job!

why is the car running an alternator? was it already there?
You fellow....!

You were supposed to show me your preciously hidden Herald some day.

Give me your address, i would be glad to barge into your garage to drive it once

And thanks for dropping by this thread.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 14:51   #168
BHPian
 
siddartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 671
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
You fellow....!

You were supposed to show me your preciously hidden Herald some day.

Give me your address, i would be glad to barge into your garage to drive it once

And thanks for dropping by this thread.

hey pavan, i have been following this thread from the start.

you are most welcome to come over take a look and even take it for a drive or even keep it with you for a while if you want. i dont get to run it enough anyway.



@stanher - always spot on as always ... and with proof as always.
siddartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 20:45   #169
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
hey pavan, i have been following this thread from the start.

you are most welcome to come over take a look and even take it for a drive or even keep it with you for a while if you want. i dont get to run it enough anyway.



@stanher - always spot on as always ... and with proof as always.
I will certainly take that wonderful offer.

And i really appreciate your Gesture.

Let me call you over the weekend.

Presently the upholstery is complete, just waiting for the painter to complete the rubbing and polishing.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 20:50   #170
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default

Second coat of antirust coating sprayed 2 days ago.

So TATA bye bye... for rusting for a real long time now

Seats are ready, doorpads are almost done. Just waiting for the painter to do the finishing touches and the tinker to do some door adjustments.

After this the car is good to go from the workshop.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2010, 23:41   #171
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default

The project is almost on its last leg.

Got the much needed rubbing and polishing, The paint job is as expected and stunning

Few pending jobs, that will be completed over time, but most probably, in a couple of days time,the car will make its journey to its masters house

1) Need to fit the ready upholstery
2) Need to do little bit of touch-up paint
3) Need to do the carpeting.
Attached Thumbnails
1967 MK1 Standard Herald-Restored-imag_1562.jpg  

1967 MK1 Standard Herald-Restored-imag_1563.jpg  

1967 MK1 Standard Herald-Restored-imag_1566.jpg  

1967 MK1 Standard Herald-Restored-imag_1565.jpg  

1967 MK1 Standard Herald-Restored-imag_1564.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 00:29   #172
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,333
Thanked: 1,545 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
The project is almost on its last leg.

Got the much needed rubbing and polishing, The paint job is as expected and stunning

Few pending jobs, that will be completed over time, but most probably, in a couple of days time,the car will make its journey to its masters house :
Awesome, pavan! The car sure has transformed from what it was before you restored it, but for a few minor touches!

BTW, I still have the spare bonnet catch to replace the broken one on the left!

Also are the rear window trims on either side yet to be sourced? Or taken off for the rubbing/polishing?
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 17:20   #173
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Awesome, pavan! The car sure has transformed from what it was before you restored it, but for a few minor touches!

BTW, I still have the spare bonnet catch to replace the broken one on the left!

Also are the rear window trims on either side yet to be sourced? Or taken off for the rubbing/polishing?
Thank you Shyam.

Well i might require the bonnet catch, will let you know when. I have only LHS chrome trim, the RHS is missing

Finally after a looooong wait, got the seats today.Once the rooflining and the door pads are done, this car is ready to go.
Attached Thumbnails
1967 MK1 Standard Herald-Restored-imag_1634.jpg  

1967 MK1 Standard Herald-Restored-imag_1635.jpg  

1967 MK1 Standard Herald-Restored-imag_1636.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 21:52   #174
BHPian
 
dhrishikesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 795
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

@ Pavan,
The car now really looks nice & red hot, & that carrier placed over dicky adds much needed detailing to the rear of the car.
Once again congrats for getting yet another Indian masterpiece to its original glory almost.
dhrishikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 23:42   #175
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
@ Pavan,
The car now really looks nice & red hot, & that carrier placed over dicky adds much needed detailing to the rear of the car.
Once again congrats for getting yet another Indian masterpiece to its original glory almost.


Thank you very much.


Few spares are becoming hard to come by, will be taking stock of those much needed spares by tomorrow and the search will be ON to search them.


There is still lot of detailing left on the car to be done, hopefully, i am giving myself another week before i finish and sign off from this project.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 18:42   #176
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 82
Thanked: 14 Times
Default re: 1967 MK1 Standard Herald-Restored

Now that this one's complete, will you have a look at a certain Mk3 which has been brought home and washed ??
ruthvikmagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 21:08   #177
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: 1967 MK1 Standard Herald-Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthvikmagal View Post
Now that this one's complete, will you have a look at a certain Mk3 which has been brought home and washed ??
Any time buddy

Dont worry, i am yet to post some finished pics of this car.

Will take out time from my busy work schedule sometime and post them.

Let me know, when you need my assistance, will be glad to help
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 18:47   #178
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default re: 1967 MK1 Standard Herald-Restored

Its been 6 years that i've been having this Car with me

And exactly 1 year since the restoration started. I must admit, British cars are difficult to restore, only for the lack of spares availability.

This car is Complete, but only few things pending

1) Quarter glass rubber beading - Not finding
2) Window scrapers - Not finding, might do some jugaad on this
3) Fuel tank fitting - Will be done tomorrow.
4) Brake Master cylinder - Original not available, so altering it.

But most importantly the Car is up for SALE..

Anyone interested can pm me, will put them on to the Owner directly.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 10:49   #179
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 239
Thanked: 179 Times
Default Re: 1967 MK1 Standard Herald-Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
The project is almost on its last leg.

Got the much needed rubbing and polishing, The paint job is as expected and stunning

Few pending jobs, that will be completed over time, but most probably, in a couple of days time,the car will make its journey to its masters house

1) Need to fit the ready upholstery
2) Need to do little bit of touch-up paint
3) Need to do the carpeting.
Hi Pavan,
What is that blue car in the background, looks interesting.....
car love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 11:02   #180
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,333
Thanked: 1,545 Times
Default Re: 1967 MK1 Standard Herald-Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
1) Quarter glass rubber beading - Not finding
2) Window scrapers - Not finding, might do some jugaad on this
3) Fuel tank fitting - Will be done tomorrow.
4) Brake Master cylinder - Original not available, so altering it.
The q'glass beadings are indeed rare now, even in the UK!

What are scrapers btw?

Do you need only the cyl. kit or the whole cylinder??
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Standard Herald 1967 damasthebiker Post-War 152 20th October 2013 19:54
Standard Herald wanted R32_GTR Shifting gears 31 14th October 2009 11:22
Looking for Standard Herald Pune_Bike Post-War 27 6th March 2008 02:42
MK 1 Standard herald engine / gearbox for sale R32_GTR Shifting gears 3 27th October 2007 11:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:15.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks