Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2010, 23:59   #61
BHPian
 
sushil_n79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bhopal (M.P),Hyderabad (A.P)
Posts: 294
Thanked: 82 Times
Default

Hi Pavan

Wow amazing thats one more style icon in the making . I remember the heralds used to be a style statement from the 60's. All the best for your project and the restoration.

Truly an inspiration for others who are confused if they should get their old legend restored or get a new one.

Hope she gets restored soon.waiting for the updates on the same .

Thanks and regards

Sushil
sushil_n79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 00:22   #62
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default

Keep watching this space.

Exciting updates in the next 24 hours.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 10:32   #63
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Looking forward to seeing them.
Finally the project kicks off

The main advantage about this car is, we had very low rusting.

Bangalore weather has preserved the car quite well to say.

Paint shade chosen is Red/White/Red

Work in Progress.
Attached Images
      
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 18:22   #64
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default

An example of the paint scheme selected.

May not be the original shade for the year, but a good shade
Attached Images
 
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 18:43   #65
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,334
Thanked: 1,548 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Finally the project kicks off

Paint shade chosen is Red/White/Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
An example of the paint scheme selected.

May not be the original shade for the year, but a good shade
Good to see work finally resumed on this car!

Glad to see the original petrol filler hole reopened.

And again good that it will be repainted in one of the original "half-saree" colour (as I call them! ) combos!

The original names of the shades used were Signal Red and Sebring white.

PS: Thread title to be changed to 1962, instead of 1967!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 20:38   #66
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Good to see work finally resumed on this car!

Glad to see the original petrol filler hole reopened.

And again good that it will be repainted in one of the original "half-saree" colour (as I call them! ) combos!

The original names of the shades used were Signal Red and Sebring white.

PS: Thread title to be changed to 1962, instead of 1967!
You are a pro when it comes to identifying the car by period

Have called for the document copy to ascertain the year of manufacturing.

Had kept in mind about your color combo, and i loved it.

The petrol filler cap hole, ha ha... i found it myself after much scrubbing and scraping my hands. lol......
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 22:01   #67
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,334
Thanked: 1,548 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
You are a pro when it comes to identifying the car by period

Had kept in mind about your color combo, and i loved it.

The petrol filler cap hole, ha ha... i found it myself after much scrubbing and scraping my hands. lol......
Thanks!

BTW, on seeing traces of green paint in these pics., I guess the original colour combo on the car was Sebring White and LITCHFIELD GREEN, like this:



Also a nice colour. Nevertheless, red undoubtedly would look even more attractive!

Now that you found the filler hole, do you intend to replace the petrol tank with an unmodified one, or rectify the tank pipe?
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:35   #68
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Thanks!

BTW, on seeing traces of green paint in these pics., I guess the original colour combo on the car was Sebring White and LITCHFIELD GREEN, like this:



Also a nice colour. Nevertheless, red undoubtedly would look even more attractive!

Now that you found the filler hole, do you intend to replace the petrol tank with an unmodified one, or rectify the tank pipe?
Thats a re-spray color you are seeing, deep beneath, the actual color is Off-white.

We have made some real fast progress on the body surface as on date.

The surfacer is sprayed and patti is being checked.

My painter has caught lots from what i've told.

Tomorrow the bumpers and the roof will be worked on and by weekend we will see the first coats of base shade (WHITE) will be sprayed.

Since the color is Red, we are spraying White as base to get the depth of red.

Some updates.
Attached Thumbnails
1967 MK1 Standard Herald-Restored-p030610_09.59.jpg  

Attached Images
    
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:38   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
samsag12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: City of Nawaabs
Posts: 1,611
Thanked: 200 Times
Default

Its nice to hear that the car is getting much needed attention. This car will surely be a looker in Red. Do you by any chance plan to do white stripes on the car running from front fender to rear one. Will look cool.
BTW it seems that the meters are still not removed from the car.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 23:38   #70
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Its nice to hear that the car is getting much needed attention. This car will surely be a looker in Red. Do you by any chance plan to do white stripes on the car running from front fender to rear one. Will look cool.
BTW it seems that the meters are still not removed from the car.
Thank you very much.

The surfacer work is done, and the body line looks good apart from a few waves on the roof, i instruct the painter to work again on the roof.

We sprayed the first covering coats on the car today, Since the shade is Red, to get the depth of red, we are using White as covering and base coat.

Few parts are now desperately needed.

1) Radiator
2) Front gravel guards
3) Rear LH side Herald monogram and one side chrome trim

Anyone HELP!!!!
Attached Images
         
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 00:20   #71
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,334
Thanked: 1,548 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
We sprayed the first covering coats on the car today, Since the shade is Red, to get the depth of red, we are using White as covering and base coat.

Few parts are now desperately needed.

1) Radiator
2) Front gravel guards
3) Rear LH side Herald monogram and one side chrome trim
Nice going, pavan! BTW, am extremely sorry I forgot to tell you- for the colour combo you're using, the body should be painted entirely in RED, with the white used only on the bootlid, bonnet top and mid-section of body only on the OUTSIDE. See this for reference:

Buy 1966 Triumph Herald 1200 Saloon for sale (Print Car: 95432)

Also by gravel guards, do you mean the bumper guards? Too difficult to get here locally I'm afraid!

I should have just one monogram to spare but not sure if it's for LH or RH, will need to check.

By side trims, which piece do you need? There are 3 on either side, and of different length.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 00:40   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

Few parts are now desperately needed.

1) Radiator


Anyone HELP!!!!

I may be able to help you with that. Where is the radiator that came with the car ?
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 09:04   #73
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Nice going, pavan! BTW, am extremely sorry I forgot to tell you- for the colour combo you're using, the body should be painted entirely in RED, with the white used only on the bootlid, bonnet top and mid-section of body only on the OUTSIDE. See this for reference:

Buy 1966 Triumph Herald 1200 Saloon for sale (Print Car: 95432)

Also by gravel guards, do you mean the bumper guards? Too difficult to get here locally I'm afraid!

I should have just one monogram to spare but not sure if it's for LH or RH, will need to check.

By side trims, which piece do you need? There are 3 on either side, and of different length.
Shyam, the Red that i intend to use is Passion Red, to get the depth of the bright color that i am using, the base has to be white. Each and every color has a base shade, which most of the painters negelect. I have gone through the Dupont painting procedure book which gives me indepth of the surfacer, base shade, and the final paint combinations. If i paint it red, with the background being a grey surfacer, the red lightly leans towards Black, and gives it a blackish dull shade after drying. Here what i need is Bright Red and always glowing , The white gives it a great Depth when sprayed as base.

A simple example

1) My Beetle and Bus = Base is White and final is Yellow==The white always highlights the yellow

2) Wolseley and split Bus = Base is Black and final is Burgundy== The black gives the Burgundy a deep Blackish shade and takes it away from being Red.

3) VW Fastback = Base is Light Blue and final is Dark Blue== The blue base gets highlighted again taking the Blue away from being Blackish Blue

I ready to buy the Right Herald Monogram on the back pillar, also front one if you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
I may be able to help you with that. Where is the radiator that came with the car ?
The stock radiator was lost in transit from Point A-B-C-D .... To P

The car has moved from many workshops and finally landed in my lap
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 15:12   #74
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

The stock radiator was lost in transit from Point A-B-C-D .... To P

The car has moved from many workshops and finally landed in my lap
Ok give me some time i'll see what i can do.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 20:30   #75
BHPian
 
imperial.s.a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 260
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

hi pawan the herald in cubbon park station had all the monograms last sunday i was filling petrol in india garage to my suprise the cops has smashed the car into pieces it was an very original car burried
imperial.s.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Standard Herald 1967 damasthebiker Post-War 152 20th October 2013 19:54
Standard Herald wanted R32_GTR Shifting gears 31 14th October 2009 11:22
Looking for Standard Herald Pune_Bike Post-War 27 6th March 2008 02:42
MK 1 Standard herald engine / gearbox for sale R32_GTR Shifting gears 3 27th October 2007 11:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks