Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 11th July 2011, 20:45   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)

Congratulations Hamza for restoring your grandpa's car, you have not only brought back your grandpa's car but also a legacy, you must be a happy Fiatian and we are eager to see you in our club and for now please post some pictures of the car here.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 20:38   #1262
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamza View Post
I recently restored my grandfather's '70 fiat, and I'm looking forward to joining the club for the next meet.
It is always heartening to hear about Fiats being restored. Welcome to FCCH and looking forward to meeting you at the next meet. do post pictures of the car. May our tribe increase!!

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 21:38   #1263
Senior - BHPian

@Hamza,you need to do more posts to get your pictures on to the Forum.Go through the Team-BHP rules and understand them.
hillram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 00:12   #1264
BHPian

The colour shade is the original grampion green.
It is a single owner vehicle, the car was delivered on 11th April 1970.
Attached Images

hamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 10:02   #1265
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Outstanding - I'm very envious, as I have a very soft spot for Delights. Infact 2 of my cars are grampion (granopia?) green (could never read the colour correctly in the book).

Please do share some more details pictures of the interiors, engine bay and more. Happy motoring.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 10:03   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hazma you have got a very beautiful car and you have restored her perfectly. Can we have some interior and engine bay pictures. Some questions for you.

1. How come your car does not have trims for front and rear windshield.

2. Do you have the original aluminum tail light and number plate light.

3. What airfilter do you have on your car (dry or oil filled)

4. Did you car had any decals / information sticker on air filter and oil filter.

Edit: I think your car did not came with chrome trims for the windshield.

Last edited by manishalive : 13th July 2011 at 10:05.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 11:14   #1267
Senior - BHPian

Hamza the only word in which I can express your car's beauty is astonishing! I also own a near original 1964 Delight with the cloromodora grille and will be restored in future, apart from that getting another original car to FCCH is more joyful, eager to see this beauty in personal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Hazma you have got a very beautiful car and you have restored her perfectly. Can we have some interior and engine bay pictures. Some questions for you.

4. Did you car had any decals / information sticker on air filter and oil filter.

Hi Manish, nice questions you have asked regarding air filter even I had this doubt but the below points are my observation and I am not betting on them to be facts, experts can confirm.

1. Delights don't have those chrome trims on the windshield rubber beading

2. Delights share the same air filter as in PP's they are dry ones, however I've seen couple of them with oil based oil filters.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc_2442.jpg  

Old 13th July 2011, 11:28   #1268
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Hamza the only word in which I can express your car's beauty is astonishing! I also own a near original 1964 Delight with the cloromodora grille and will be restored in future, apart from that getting another original car to FCCH is more joyful, eager to see this beauty in personal.

1. Delights don't have those chrome trims on the windshield rubber beading

2. Delights share the same air filter as in PP's they are dry ones, however I've seen couple of them with oil based oil filters.
A couple of points to note

Windscreen rubber trims were fitted to all international market Delights. These were also fitted to the early Indian cars that featured the blue Yenkay meters, like APU above. From 1966/7 onwards the windscreen rubbers were flush, with no groove to take the trim. Also note the trim on the early Delights were slightly different to the trim on Padminis.

The grille on APU is original, but in aluminium, and unique to these early models in India. The 'Chromodora' you refer too is a white metal (probably) unit, and fitted to international cars that looks like a Padmini grille but one piece. They were sold here as popular accessories, and there must be at least 100 taxis in Bombay sporting lovely examples - I mean it. A couple of times I have tried to buy them, but the cabbies rarely relent, as they are usually 'seth ka gaadi'.

The air filters on Delights from 67 to the end in 72 were oil bath type. Not sure on the early Delights.

I think the number plate lights on Hamza's car are original, just buffed. Can't tell about the taillights.
karlosdeville is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 11:49   #1269
Senior - BHPian

@Hamza..Good to see your Delight.Look forward to see this car at the next FCCH Meet.
hillram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 11:58   #1270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
A couple of points to note

Windscreen rubber trims were fitted to all international market Delights. These were also fitted to the early Indian cars that featured the blue Yenkay meters, like APU above. From 1966/7 onwards the windscreen rubbers were flush, with no groove to take the trim. Also note the trim on the early Delights were slightly different to the trim on Padminis.

The grille on APU is original, but in aluminium, and unique to these early models in India. The 'Chromodora' you refer too is a white metal (probably) unit, and fitted to international cars that looks like a Padmini grille but one piece. They were sold here as popular accessories, and there must be at least 100 taxis in Bombay sporting lovely examples - I mean it. A couple of times I have tried to buy them, but the cabbies rarely relent, as they are usually 'seth ka gaadi'.

The air filters on Delights from 67 to the end in 72 were oil bath type. Not sure on the early Delights.

I think the number plate lights on Hamza's car are original, just buffed. Can't tell about the taillights.

The wind screen rubbers in 1970 where w/out alumunium trims, the air filters were dry with a round circular element.the distributors were Magnet Marelli in some and some started off getting the Lucas Tvs. Hub caps too were aluminuim, the fender parking lights were round. The bumpers guards(over riders) were all metal .
Mohammed4rmhyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 12:13   #1271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Infact I had the same doubt about buffing and therefore asked.
Old 13th July 2011, 15:04   #1272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It looks as if she is never been driven, since 11th April 1970 till today as if the time has stopped, great work and appropriate shade of color, white walls adding beauty to the angel. Where did you got her done, why don't you come up with a thread, it will be an inspiration/guide for a guy like me to restore my cars in future.
Old 13th July 2011, 17:48   #1273
BHPian

Here are some more photographs of the fiat.

The air filter did not come with any decals, but the oil filter had decals an is defaced. I'm looking for oil filter decals, any help will be appreciated.

Had a tough time trying to get the interior as close as possible to the original shade.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-13072011096.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-13072011095.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-13072011092.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-09072011086.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-13072011093.jpg  

hamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 21:01   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The air filter did not come with any decals, but the oil filter had decals an is defaced. I'm looking for oil filter decals, any help will be appreciated.

Had a tough time trying to get the interior as close as possible to the original shade.
Hazma,

Your car is really nice and original, however I do not know about the upholstry shade. As for the Oil filter decal, can we have the faded picture. Here is one such picture of a delight oil filter decal provide by Shyam aka stanher.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ars-bikes.html (Decals / Information Stickers / Warning Films for Vintage and Classic Cars/ Bikes)
Old 13th July 2011, 22:05   #1275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Never mind Hamza, you have done the best on the car, I am not an expert but in my opinion you car is a gem as it is, just enjoy the car and keep maintaining it, I am happy that we have got a real nice car and eager to see it in real. I could see lot of other classics in you photographs are they yours.