Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 14th October 2012, 17:39   #1426
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Thanks for those kind words Bala.Indeed a joyous moments and those white walls were a blessing to add a sparkle.
Indeed Ram anna! a person who is determined and makes sure he gives the best in all what he does no doubt this is the outcome. I wish you many more joyous moments in every walk of your life.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 20:58   #1427
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My SuperSelect Turns 50

Quote:
A great milestone has been achieved for my SuperSelect.It turned 50 Years this month (1962-2012).
I decided to give it a fitting tribute by adding White Wall Tyres...I have no words to express my admiration now.
Ram!! Congratulations on completing 50 years! My 6839 just did so this May.

And may I say, the whitewalls are looking smashing - absolutely well deserved. They're adding character to your beauty. Enjoy miles and miles on them..
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2012, 15:03   #1428
BHPian

Another APX.... vintage Fiat Tourer of the late 20s, Passionately restored for a car lover by Mohammed bhai (VST's vintage & classic fleet supervisor) & his father (Late Ali Bhai) Could this be oldest Fiat in Hyderabad???
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-12.jpg  

Vintage Khan is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 03:32   #1429
BHPian

A Fiat speedometer...possibly for a 1930's car
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dfsdfsd.jpg  

Last edited by Vintage Khan : 2nd November 2012 at 03:36.
Vintage Khan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2012, 16:50   #1430
Senior - BHPian

I spotted this pristine Premier Padmini in Teynampet,Chennai.The owner is a Managing Director of a Finance Company and has passion for Fiats.He has been maintianing this Fiat for the last 20 years.This shows the liking for Fiat by senior citizens.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-020-1280x960.jpg  

Last edited by hillram : 17th November 2012 at 16:51.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2012, 09:53   #1431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Khan View Post
Another APX.... vintage Fiat Tourer of the late 20s, Passionately restored for a car lover by Mohammed bhai (VST's vintage & classic fleet supervisor) & his father (Late Ali Bhai) Could this be oldest Fiat in Hyderabad???
Is this Fiat still in Hyderabad ? Who owns it ! Is it a 6 cylinder or a 4 cylinder engine
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2012, 12:21   #1432
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the current whereabouts of this fiat ? Does it exist and was it later sold to Maharashtra ? and was light green and black and then white and red ?

Cheers

Quote:
kasli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2012, 14:47   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
What is the current whereabouts of this fiat ? Does it exist and was it later sold to Maharashtra ? and was light green and black and then white and red ?

Cheers

The car is still in hyderabad and is not the one you are talking about i think, it was resurrected thru a laborious restoration process, very diligently restored to its pristine past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Is this Fiat still in Hyderabad ? Who owns it ! Is it a 6 cylinder or a 4 cylinder engine
Yes, the car is very much in hyderabad, it was in a lane off the road no 12 Banjara Hills but has now been moved to Kachiguda. Its owned by Tamil/Malayali businessman who has lovingly restored it thru Late Ali Bhai and his son Md Bhai. Its a 4 cyl car i guess.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 18th November 2012 at 14:59. Reason: Consecutive posts
Old 18th November 2012, 15:42   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
The car is still in hyderabad and is not the one you are talking about i think, it was resurrected thru a laborious restoration process, very diligently restored to its pristine past.

Yes, the car is very much in hyderabad, it was in a lane off the road no 12 Banjara Hills but has now been moved to Kachiguda. Its owned by Tamil/Malayali businessman who has lovingly restored it thru Late Ali Bhai and his son Md Bhai. Its a 4 cyl car i guess.
The car at road no 12 was owned by a jeweller and had 3 doors if am not wrong ,and this looks like the kachiguda car which is owned by a business man for ages. Are these not 2 different cars?The Jeweller has a 1930 Buick tourer,a1935 Dodge and a mid 30's Hillman too.
Mohammed4rmhyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2012, 23:31   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammed4rmhyd View Post
The car at road no 12 was owned by a jeweller and had 3 doors if am not wrong ,and this looks like the kachiguda car which is owned by a business man for ages. Are these not 2 different cars?The Jeweller has a 1930 Buick tourer,a1935 Dodge and a mid 30's Hillman too.

Yes, these may be two different cars, but this very fiat which is now in kachiguda was earlier parked at the businessman's house in banjara hills and i guess the other ones you are referring to are the cars in jubilee hills inside the arch of a temple lane off rd no. 45, he has one 30's buick, one 29 buick limo 7 seater and also a simca etc...Cheers!
Old 19th November 2012, 11:17   #1436
Senior - BHPian

Dear Fiatians,
Yesterday a very nice gentleman in Chennai, gifted me these Fiat 1100 monograms understanding my passion for Fiats. I have no clue on which model these monograms fit exactly and where?
I hope Behram sir can throw some light.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-002-1280x960.jpg  

Old 19th November 2012, 12:13   #1437
Senior - BHPian

Never seen these before and I dont think they are OE stuff.

Going by the curve they might fit on the front of the bonnet
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 14:15   #1438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dear Fiatians,
Yesterday a very nice gentleman in Chennai, gifted me these Fiat 1100 monograms understanding my passion for Fiats. I have no clue on which model these monograms fit exactly and where?
These would be fitted to the front grille of a 1958/62 Select, though originally with 'Millecento' script. These maybe local accessories. Since you have two and if you would like to spare one for my car (which is missing this) you know who to call
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 16:16   #1439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Fiatians,
Ram Garu,

Yes they came on our cars, either accesories or OEM fitment. Some old guys in Bangalore have told us that this elevenhundred came on selects (not super selects). And the one with Millicento script would probably come on international version, who were called millicento.

Well I am not sure about what would be the correct script for the badge, but for sure these were not for Super selects , as they had a different badge on them . If you decide to part with these you know where to call.

And in case I loose out on having one, atleast can you give me one for making a reproduction, which will then serve many other Team Bhpian's and Fiat owners.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 17:11   #1440
Senior - BHPian

Im waiting for the verdict to come from Behram sir about these monograms.
Effectivly,Selects and Super Selects came with almost same type of grill,i.e, with a V front,Hence this monogram can go on the Super Select too.
But I must confess,the make of this monogram is unique.Its has Eleven Hundered made in Brass and bound to a thick transparent plastic strip,as protection.One hell of a make.
Manish,I will be coming to Bangalore next month,I will carry them for you to take a look.