Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 3rd June 2010, 20:05   #106
Senior - BHPian

here I found out the pictures of the Plastic brake fluid resirvior

1. The FIAT one - on the imported delight

2. the PP one - on the local Premier Padmani.

Delighted with my "new" 1965 DELIGHT-dsc05910.jpg

Delighted with my "new" 1965 DELIGHT-dsc05925.jpg

Also note the fuse box on the second picture, it is branded Premier, the one on first picture (imported delight) (removed for taking picture) is branded Fiat :O}

Last edited by manishalive : 3rd June 2010 at 20:08.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:44   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Thanks Sagar for the pic as I am not that sound in tech aspects however some clear pictures may make me understand, Sagar i guess this is from S1 if so can I get the assembley and fit it to Appu in case we desire to?
I think we can use the S1 assembly but S1's are too rare to find in scrapyard. You have to be a regular visitor in order to get one. Will surely upload some good angle snaps in a few days. BTW congrats on the acquisition of parts. So after your driveway now the interior of your house is going to be occupied by fiat spares.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 00:13   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
I think we can use the S1 assembly but S1's are too rare to find in scrapyard. You have to be a regular visitor in order to get one. Will surely upload some good angle snaps in a few days. BTW congrats on the acquisition of parts. So after your driveway now the interior of your house is going to be occupied by fiat spares.
Yes your are right Sagar bhai! like others my drive way is anyways filled up to the limit, at one point in time my Teddy (labrador) used to run and play today that fellow hardly gets place to walk straight. Amma complains sometime about the vehicles (around 7-8 bikes, 3 cars) she couldn't dry clothes and she has not opted for terrace.

Apart from this inside the house most of the shelves except kitchen most of them are filled with royal enfield, jawa parts. Mom says "you are turning home into scrap yard" and at the same time she obliges my behaviour at home. Love you amma

Last edited by chanu : 4th June 2010 at 00:14.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 23:33   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How does the rear view mirror look on a Delight? I know I have become a question bank off late but I still have few more. Please do clarify as you all have been (Kudos to you all).
Hi,
IMHO the rear view mirror in a delight is similar to that in a super select, like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Delighted with my "new" 1965 DELIGHT-dscf0030-desktop-resolution.jpg  

SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 00:11   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mom says "you are turning home into scrap yard" and at the same time she obliges my behaviour at home.
Haha! Welcome to the club, bala!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
IMHO the rear view mirror in a delight is similar to that in a super select, like this:
I thought the super-select too had the mirror with the light, as on the older 1100s?
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 08:40   #111
Senior - BHPian

Here are some of the pics of intake manifold heating pod for reference. All other items required are easy to procure but the T has to be either fabricated or searched in scrapyard.
Delighted with my "new" 1965 DELIGHT-image0345.jpg
Delighted with my "new" 1965 DELIGHT-image0346.jpg
Delighted with my "new" 1965 DELIGHT-image0347.jpg
Delighted with my "new" 1965 DELIGHT-image0348.jpg
Delighted with my "new" 1965 DELIGHT-image0350.jpg

I think this is the type of ash tray that Manish bhai is referring to. But looking at the pics it doesn't seems that Bala's delight boasted this type of ash tray. He must be referring to the steel ones fitted on the upper side of the rear door.
Delighted with my "new" 1965 DELIGHT-image0136.jpg
Old 5th June 2010, 12:40   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Are you going to paint your car, the current one is good indeed and if cared well this will add to the originality. I would suggest you to bring her back to originality by putting the required parts. Mechanically make her right.

As for the paint a good wash and polish will do.

Your seats will be similar to that of my car (i.e. select and superselect) so the ashtray will be in centre of the front seat rear portion and below that you will have the aluminium trim and the magazine net.

A reference picture is attached

Attachment 360632
Thanks Manish Sir for the valuable feedback. I am not intending to paint the car at this moment however I will definately try to give Appu a through wash, greasing and coat of polish till I take up the resto job. For now the car needs a general service, oil change. I am planning to take it up this week as per my mechanic convenience.

Manish I see my car has a ash tray on the rear door, I guess the pic below (courtesy Sagar) should be the one if it is from the rear doors. However you are also correct as Ram's (Hillram) car has a ash tray in the center of the front seat.

I am also looking for the round side indicators for Appu any clue or help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by chanu : 5th June 2010 at 12:54.
Old 5th June 2010, 12:57   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am also looking for the round side indicators for Appu any clue or help would be much appreciated.
Bala I have the round side indicators with me,which Shyam sold to me few months back.I will give them to you free of cost !!!
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 13:11   #114
Senior - BHPian

Wow RAM!! that a irresistable offer. So kind of you Thanks a lot Sir very soon you will find me coming to you.
Old 5th June 2010, 13:16   #115
Senior - BHPian

I have tried to post this picture before but wonder where it missed. Here is the Ash tray slot given on my car and which is found to be missing.
Attached Thumbnails
Delighted with my "new" 1965 DELIGHT-p050610_12.57.jpg  

Old 5th June 2010, 13:38   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Manish Sir for the valuable feedback. I am not intending to paint the car at this moment however I will definately try to give Appu a through wash, greasing and coat of polish till I take up the resto job. For now the car needs a general service, oil change. I am planning to take it up this week as per my mechanic convenience.

Manish I see my car has a ash tray on the rear door, I guess the pic below (courtesy Sagar) should be the one if it is from the rear doors. However you are also correct as Ram's (Hillram) car has a ash tray in the center of the front seat.

Bala bhai the pic of ash tray posted by me is the one which fits on the rear of the front back rest of the car. The one required by you is different and will keep an eye on that here.
Old 5th June 2010, 13:55   #117
Senior - BHPian

Oops!! I'm sorry sagar but, I am lucky to have a friend like you, if you find one just throw at me form there I'll catch it here.
Old 5th June 2010, 18:17   #118
Senior - BHPian

Was browising through internet and discovered few info about the Delight (Imported/left hand) really astonished with the colour which I was thinking back of my mind when resto starts and I just fell in love with the interiors and would wish to have something like this. Do we get this shade? Can this pattern be possible? In total wish to have my car like this.

Why is the difference in few specifiactions like seating when compared with the Delights or other models we have in India to that of other countries. I disliked the fact that even Indian manufactures do give much much good quality, finish to the vechiles they import. If quality is first for them then its equally required for us aswell so why this discrimination.

Just wanted to share this with all you lovers (Fiat).
Attached Images

Last edited by chanu : 5th June 2010 at 18:21.
Old 5th June 2010, 18:26   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why is the difference in few specifiactions like seating when compared with the Delights or other models we have in India to that of other countries. I disliked the fact that even Indian manufactures do give much much good quality, finish to the vechiles they import. If quality is first for them then its equally required for us aswell so why this discrimination.
I remember reading in some mag that the bench seat was preferred by Indians, that it felt more comfortable and seated 3 adults easily!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 18:34   #120
Senior - BHPian

Those seats (the one shown in Chanu's post no.118) were and are very uncomfortable to sit on. These seats are better in this form only where one can stretch out. I had a chance to buy them for my car and after sitting on them for 5 min i started to feel the pain. Outright rejected them.