Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2010, 11:04   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PATHANAMTHITTA
Posts: 181
Thanked: 54 Times
Default 1957 Lambretta -d-mk-3-

I am starting a thread for the first time.
so moderators merge it if it is not as per forum etiqutte
This 1957 Lambretta belongs to my friend in Quilon who is a classic two wheeler fan.
Attached Thumbnails
1957 Lambretta -d-mk-3--tmp00001.jpg  

kishorelal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 14:13   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,403
Thanked: 934 Times
Default

Was this scooter bought by your friend recently ?
Asking this because the similar photo was shown to me by a dealer.
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 14:17   #3
BHPian
 
kannan666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KA-02
Posts: 939
Thanked: 69 Times
Default

Wow ! Too good man, too good ! What a classic, seems to be in quite a good condition too !
kannan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 16:06   #4
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,334
Thanked: 1,548 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorelal View Post
This 1957 Lambretta belongs to my friend in Quilon who is a classic two wheeler fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
Was this scooter bought by your friend recently ?
Asking this because the similar photo was shown to me by a dealer.
Strangely even I was sent the same pic. of this scoot turned the other way round, from a friend by email!
And I think I even heard of it from another friend who said it was for sale!

Anyways Kishorelal, congrats to your friend on his acquisition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Wow ! Too good man, too good ! What a classic, seems to be in quite a good condition too !
It does seem good/well-maintained. But note that the front hub and rim is not original- it's taken from a regular Lambretta. 'hope your friend can find the original one soon.

Last edited by Stanher : 13th June 2010 at 16:07.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 16:08   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PATHANAMTHITTA
Posts: 181
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
Was this scooter bought by your friend recently ?
Asking this because the similar photo was shown to me by a dealer.
I do not know for sure, he had sent this photo just 2 days ago .
Since he has three or four oldies two wheelers I will have to check with him
kishorelal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 16:10   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,403
Thanked: 934 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Wow ! Too good man, too good ! What a classic, seems to be in quite a good condition too !
If it is the same one which was shown by the dealer he must have paid an astronomical sum for it , because the asking price was in lakhs
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 16:13   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: IXE
Posts: 575
Thanked: 77 Times
Default

Lal etta...

Wow thats classic..congrats to your friend.
Please post more pics of other 3-4 oldies.
girishpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 16:25   #8
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PATHANAMTHITTA
Posts: 181
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Lal etta...

Wow thats classic..congrats to your friend.
Please post more pics of other 3-4 oldies.
thanks girish,
will covey your comments to my friend
post soon as all are under restoration
kishorelal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 16:30   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,403
Thanked: 934 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Strangely even I was sent the same pic. of this scoot turned the other way round, from a friend by email!
And I think I even heard of it from another friend who said it was for sale!

Anyways Kishorelal, congrats to your friend on his acquisition!


It does seem good/well-maintained. But note that the front hub and rim is not original- it's taken from a regular Lambretta. 'hope your friend can find the original one soon.
shyam,
I just called up the dealer who showed me the photos of the similar(same?) lambretta.He says it was sold a few days ago for a sum which was very close to the demanded price
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 19:18   #10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PATHANAMTHITTA
Posts: 181
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
If it is the same one which was shown by the dealer he must have paid an astronomical sum for it , because the asking price was in lakhs
ajay99,
Just now talked to my friend who in Quilon who has the Lambretta.
Yes , he has purchased it recently only and has paid a very very fancy price for it
kishorelal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 10:04   #11
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: IXE
Posts: 575
Thanked: 77 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorelal View Post
ajay99,
Just now talked to my friend who in Quilon who has the Lambretta.
Yes , he has purchased it recently only and has paid a very very fancy price for it

Fancy price......true, now a days if you like any vehicle and want to have it, then you ave to pay for it.

We been discussing this price matter with almost every classics available.

Today one pays good money to buy Enfields, Scooters, Jawa, Yezdi and RD etc so I don't mind paying over a lakh for LD. (IF I can)

The price is agreed between buyer and seller.

Anyways........ congratulations to your friend for this and let him enjoy it riding safely.

Cheers

Last edited by girishpv : 14th June 2010 at 10:13.
girishpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 17:58   #12
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PATHANAMTHITTA
Posts: 181
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Fancy price......true, now a days if you like any vehicle and want to have it, then you ave to pay for it.

We been discussing this price matter with almost every classics available.

Today one pays good money to buy Enfields, Scooters, Jawa, Yezdi and RD etc so I don't mind paying over a lakh for LD. (IF I can)

The price is agreed between buyer and seller.

Anyways........ congratulations to your friend for this and let him enjoy it riding safely.

Cheers
Is this called open LD ?
Also is there a bike called prince?
kishorelal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 20:29   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,403
Thanked: 934 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorelal View Post
Is this called open LD ?
Also is there a bike called prince?
please pm Karl or shyam(stanher) , they are the 2 wheeler aficionados
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 21:02   #14
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: IXE
Posts: 575
Thanked: 77 Times
Default

Please find Lambretta models here

Lambretta Scooters

The PDF file containing the facts and figures ,you can confirm comparing your frame number.

Vincent had Black Prince D series bikes.....made between 1954 and 1955.


Cheers

Last edited by girishpv : 16th June 2010 at 21:14.
girishpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 22:40   #15
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,334
Thanked: 1,548 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorelal View Post
Is this called open LD ?
Also is there a bike called prince?
Yes, this lambretta was colloquially called "open LD" although the official name is just "d".

Here is one in hyd. that was superbly restored with original italian parts, all imported.

You can see the correct front hub/rim on this one.

1957 Lambretta -d-mk-3--img_4755.jpg

And yes, Prince was a smaller-engine (175cc I think) bike made by Enfield India, rather short-lived.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1957 Fiat Elegant - Restoration advice and help needed suren181 Post-War 232 23rd November 2016 18:47
1957 Plymouth Belvedere Unearthed after 50 years Ram Beyond Borders 46 9th June 2014 12:41
3 recent acquisitions - A Lambretta & 2 Vespas. Update: restoration of 1973 Lambretta wbd8779 Post-War 44 8th January 2012 07:33
Wanted: A Fiat 1100 (1957 specifically) premjit Post-War 2 20th November 2008 14:13
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/25210-1957-plymouth-belv Ram The International Automotive Scene 0 12th June 2007 17:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks