Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

View Poll Results: Would you like to own an Italian Vespa or a Lambretta
Vespa 24 60.00%
Lambretta 16 40.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7th July 2010, 23:05   #46
Senior - BHPian

Good that the painting work is picking up speed, and Ram as you said the baby will be flaming orange tomorrow, by the by which brand of paint you are using sir? I mean Duco or 2K?.

How about the engine condition? please check for the suspension bed on the engine chamber if need replace it as the whole engine block is out.

All the very best of good luck Ram.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 23:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
So next photo by tomorrow evening will be campfire orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best luck for full sunshine tomorrow!!!!!!!
But you have not told about reems. Are they dual tone (white-orange) or silver grey or pure orange?
Waiting for tomorrow's photos.
Dear what about Primer Surface Grey ,it comes before even the first coat of your choise of colour, main paint is never ever on the RED OXIDE . Please be careful with the painter of yours he is going too fast and please tell him to wait till base primers dry out compleatly,in fact he should wait for atleast 2 days for the PUTTY or Lambi to dry out and then cut it finish, adding fuel to the fire it is monsoon ,already there is enough moisture in the atmostphere, please dont force upon him for the deadlines or he will spoil the show and you will repent it after 2 to 3 months when the painting defects will surface.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 08:53   #48
BANNED

Ram,

I need 8 inch white wall inserts for my Priya.

Is there any possibility that you can source one pair or 3 inserts for me

Though my scoot is mechanically fit, i still have few things to do on the cosmetic part of it. First thing to get changed is the Meter, which was replaced few years back, getting a classic white dial meter in a couple of days.
Attached Images

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 11:16   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Dear what about Primer Surface Grey
Ofcourse the Primer coat has been done this morning as the Sun is shining bright.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 23:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Default Day 12 of Restoration

As i reach the final stages of the assembly of Wasp,it has been an exciting journey.
With painting completed over thw weekend,mu mechanic started the assembly of the wasp.
Engine is all done up very well and lots of new parts starting from new wiring,cables,brake pads,filters etc to give a brand new look to the Wasp.

Tomorrow evening the Wasp will be home !!!
Old 14th July 2010, 08:32   #51
Senior - BHPian

Default Day 15 of Restoration : Unveiling the Orange Flamed Wasp

Time has come to unveil my Orange Flamed Wasp.It came home last night with its new look,porting possibly everything new,a reconditioned Engine,brand new colour.
The engine still needs to achieve smoothness and power,but right now im ecstatic to see it glow as flame of the forest !!!
It took me exactly 15 days to restore this beauty to this condition.
The pics might look a bit dull as they are from my mobile phone camera.Will use a better camera soon to take more pics of the exterior and interior.
Enjoy the pics folks.
Attached Thumbnails
1970 Vespa - Restoration of a Wasp! EDIT: Restored Pics on Page 4-dsc00019.jpg  

1970 Vespa - Restoration of a Wasp! EDIT: Restored Pics on Page 4-dsc00020.jpg  

1970 Vespa - Restoration of a Wasp! EDIT: Restored Pics on Page 4-dsc00021.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 14th July 2010, 09:13   #52
BHPian

Default Vespa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Time has come to unveil my Orange Flamed Wasp.It came home last night with its new look,porting possibly everything new,a reconditioned Engine,brand new colour.
The engine still needs to achieve smoothness and power,but right now im ecstatic to see it glow as flame of the forest !!!
It took me exactly 15 days to restore this beauty to this condition.
The pics might look a bit dull as they are from my mobile phone camera.Will use a better camera soon to take more pics of the exterior and interior.
Enjoy the pics folks.
Stunning! Absolutely stunning! Looks great and in a good time I would say! I will very shortly embark on restoration of my 1961! Please share do's and dont's . I will lean on you for advise, etc.
Srivathsa_Satya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 09:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srivathsa_Satya View Post
Stunning! Absolutely stunning! Looks great and in a good time I would say! I will very shortly embark on restoration of my 1961! Please share do's and dont's . I will lean on you for advise, etc.
Thanks Vathsa.Indeed it has comeout well and beat my expectations.
I will help you in my best capacity during your restoration.
Old 14th July 2010, 10:26   #54
BANNED

The vespa looks nice.

Ram , i think you need to put few period fittings to complete the restoration.

Also i notice a small twist in the floor pan, its a simple job, get it aligned soon.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 11:17   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
The vespa looks nice.

Ram , i think you need to put few period fittings to complete the restoration.

Also i notice a small twist in the floor pan, its a simple job, get it aligned soon.
Thanks Pavan.
This is a 1970 heavily indigenised Bajajised Vespa as it was the last lot under lincence from Piaggio.Hence Im not too sure what period fittings will go.If so,suggest some.
Floor beading was done hastily last night and will be adressed soon.
Im in Bangalore tomorrow and planning to shop for some Vespa and Fiat parts.I heard there is a Vespa shop in Commercial St.Can someone point out where it is?

Last edited by hillram : 14th July 2010 at 11:22.
Old 14th July 2010, 11:23   #56
BHPian

Your Vespa looks awesome , beautiful ! I Envy you for living with this italian angel . I myself have a Honda Eterno and Its a great pleasure to own and drive a manual transmission side-engined scooter.
ashwanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 15:34   #57
BHPian

Hi Hillram,

Congratulations, your Vespa looks stunning in Orange colour and quick restorations done in short time, good job.

Cheers!
vintagepoint5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 15:38   #58
BHPian

Hillram sir,

Your Vespa with orange color looks great, sweet and definitely a head turner.

Congratulations
girishpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 20:19   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is a 1970 heavily indigenised Bajajised Vespa as it was the last lot under lincence from Piaggio.Hence Im not too sure what period fittings will go.If so,suggest some.
Looking good ram.

I would think that the taillight should still be the earlier 2 lens style, albeit in white or black plastic. I guess this as even the earlier Bajaj 150s had them original, I have seen a few plus seen a manual showing it. So since the Vespa was earlier, I think the taillight too should be early.

I would also suggest you remove the black plastic shield from the side panel, and let the original vents stand out, they are quite stylish.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 20:28   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Pavan.
Floor beading was done hastily last night and will be adressed soon.
Im in Bangalore tomorrow and planning to shop for some Vespa and Fiat parts.I heard there is a Vespa shop in Commercial St.Can someone point out where it is?
Very nice, the color looks superp. Congrats on such a quick resto. I think the shop in commercial street you are referring to is Balaji and i believe is the parallel road to commercial.
srisha is offline   Reply With Quote