Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

View Poll Results: Would you like to own an Italian Vespa or a Lambretta
Vespa 24 58.54%
Lambretta 17 41.46%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16th July 2010, 11:02   #76
Senior - BHPian

Here ate two images. 1st from 1965 Accessory catalogue and second from 1968 Catalogue. Hope this of help to you.

Name:  Vespa Accesory.JPG
Views: 2222
Size:  63.0 KB

Name:  1 Vespa Accesory.JPG
Views: 2673
Size:  69.6 KB
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 14:06   #77
Senior - BHPian

Gee..Manish you made my day with this precious accessory info.Can wait to now start decorating my Wasp..Thanks buddy.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 15:27   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Gee..Manish you made my day with this precious accessory info.Can wait to now start decorating my Wasp..Thanks buddy.
There is more to it. please go to the link, it's a heaven

Welcome To Scooterlounge.com - Home of the Vespa and Lambretta Buyers Guide
Old 17th July 2010, 14:00   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Even I can't wait decorating my 'Flying Sparrow' with those period hub caps and single rear view mirror, Let's do it together. I am also looking for a period side car aswell can anyone help me in this. I appreciate it.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 16:25   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Even I can't wait decorating my 'Flying Sparrow' with those period hub caps and single rear view mirror, Let's do it together. I am also looking for a period side car aswell can anyone help me in this. I appreciate it.
Bala..you should look for Vespa Scrapyard in Ols city where many of the Wasps are broken down these days.
Also there is a Mumbai based co "Cozy" which makes side cars on order.
Old 17th July 2010, 19:27   #81
BHPian

very good results with the restoration and paint job.
keep it up well and enjoy the public attention your wasp will receive.
rvmohankumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 23:56   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bala..you should look for Vespa Scrapyard in Ols city where many of the Wasps are broken down these days.
Also there is a Mumbai based co "Cozy" which makes side cars on order.
Ram I guess Banglore, Mumbai is where I believe I should be finding a side car though I haven't tried. Can you please give me more about "Cozy" side car manufacturer.
Old 24th July 2010, 05:07   #83
Senior - BHPian

Default Famous Vespa Owners

Vespa has been owned by such famous people around the world:
Ursula Andress - one of her payments was a Vespa.
Dicky Barrett - lead singer Mighty Mighty Bosstones - 1963 GS160 (MKII), originally White, then Red, then 60's plaid, now Brandywine Metalflake - the engine sound was used in the opening of their song "Where'd You Go?"
Mario Batali
Jean Paul Belmondo
Lucia Bosé (and her husband, the matador Dominguin)
Marlon Brando
Matthew Broderick - Owns Several Bikes GTS 250, 1963 GS160, previously rode a GT 200 in New York.
Sandra Bullock
Charlie Chaplin - his daughter was photographed with his scooter.
Gary Cooper
Billy Crudup - owns a black GT200
John Cusimano - of the band The Cringe.
Jack Dee - comedian.
Robert De Niro
Leonardo DiCaprio
Salvador Dalí added his own touches in 1962. Dali's Vespa features the name of his muse and companion Gala as well as his infamous signature. Believed to be the most valuable Vespa currently in existence, it is on display at the [COLOR=#0000ff]Piaggio[/COLOR] museum in Pontedera.
Britt Ekland
Henry Fonda
Stefano Gabbana - owns a leopard-print Vespa.
James Gandolfini - has been seen riding a grey Vespa, and has also injured himself when he crashed his Vespa.
Zac Goldsmith
Adam Horovitz - owns a white LX150 Diamond.
Charlton Heston - rode one while filming Ben Hur in Rome.
Dennis Hopper - his pillion was Steve McQueen, and they crashed it into a car door in New York. Neither had a licence!
Milla Jovovich
Jay Kay (frontman of Jamiroquai) has a new Vespa Vintage GTV 250 scooter, and also owns the limited edition Vespa GT60, with only 999 in the collection worldwide.
Anthony Kiedis (of the Red Hot Chili Peppers)
Jodie Kidd
David Koch - limited edition GT60.
Jane Krakowski - owns a gray LX150 Exalibur.
Ashton Kutcher
A. G. Lafley - Chairman & CEO of Procter & Gamble - has several vintage models.
Abbe Lane
Matt Lauer - bought a Vespa soon after doing a story on the reintroduction of the brand into the USA.
Jay Leno - has three.
Justin Long - rides a custom grey ET4 with the logo for Average Joe's gym from the movie Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story.
Tim Lovejoy - presenter of motoring show Fifth Gear. Tested his black GT200 against the Vespa GT3.
Chris Martin and his wife Gwyneth Paltrow have a matching pair.
Dean Martin
Nanni Moretti
Bill Murray
Jacques Nasser - has two.
Paul Newman
Jamie Oliver
Sarah Jessica Parker - rides the same Vespa as her husband, Matthew Broderick.
Anthony Quinn - and his son Francesco.
Jonathan Ross
Mickey Rourke - owns a vintage green GT200 in Miami and a plum LX150 in NYC.
Jason Segel - was not injured when his Vespa was rear-ended.
Jerry Seinfeld - has more than one Vespa.
Kevin Spacey
Tori Spelling
Steven Spielberg
Kazuya Tsurumaki
John Wayne - originally rode one on set between takes, later drove one on the streets.
Paul Weller - bought his first Vespa in 1976 and has owned many since. Drove one at the start of the video for "A Solid Bond in Your Heart".
Andrew White aka "Whitney" from the Kaiser Chiefs.
Owen Wilson has a Blue Vespa LX.
Natalie Wood
Tiger Woods - has two Vespas on his 155 foot yacht Privacy.\

In Pics you will see Gwneth Palthrow,Nicole Kidman,David Arquette,Jaykay,Jude Law,Owen Wilson and Pete Townsend on their Vespas.
Attached Images

Old 25th July 2010, 00:43   #84
Senior - BHPian

Woah!! that's a lengthy list Ram, thanks for sharing the names of fellow vespa owners.
Old 26th July 2010, 13:31   #85
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info Ram, Cant wait to get my hands on the new Vespa when it is introduced in India. I think sometime next year.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2010, 14:35   #86
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely sir! I miss all those LML Vespa showroom filled in with these beauties apart from that I always wanted to have an LML vespa NV Express 5 edition but now its gonna be a dream un achieved though looking for a second hand but not sure of a prestine condition scooter. Let's hope this time Vespa comes with a bang and brand lives long.
Old 26th July 2010, 16:18   #87
Senior - BHPian

, sorry Ram garu, LML is in production even now, all these while they have focused on european markets for their LML NV, which is a retro scooter in Italy, what an irony. Now they have introduced 4 stroke NV scooter in Northen parts of India.
Old 26th July 2010, 17:25   #88
Senior - BHPian

Have any of you checked out the Vespa shoes now available At adidas original stores in India, they look very cool. Here is a link from their site. adidas - Vespa PX Shoes - Motorsports Shoes

I am waiting for the next sale to buy these :-)
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2010, 15:57   #89
Senior - BHPian

Default Acquisition of a Bajaj Side Car-My next 3 Wheeler restoration

Since an advertisement appeared a week back for 2 Bajaj Scooters with Sidecars for 1980 era,i hardly could sleep.With hectic work schedule and upcoming Vintage Rally preparations,i couldnt go and look at the 3 wheeled beauty,which i always dreamt of.
Last night i finally made it to the small bylanes of Dilshukhnagar and met the owner.After a quick chat and doing some test ride of the scooter,we decided to close the deal.My close friend Sonu Singh did all the negotiations and validations.This was a single owner immaculately maintained Scooter with the famous Cozy "Rocket" Side car.
It was a beautiful piece this side car,well fixed chassis,suspension,clean body shell,rear carrier,dicky and well preserved stock seats.The chassis is so strongly built that it could easily take my 100+ kgs of weight !!!
The scooter itself is a 150cc Bajaj Priya,which was an icon from Bajaj Stable in 80s and had been well maintained by the owner.
Late night we rode it back home and this morning my son enjoyed a ride in the side car too !!!
The next phase is a nice paint job for the scooter and sidecar,chroming of few parts,leather seats etc,which will begin next week.
Any suggestions for the colour shade appropriate to this 3 wheeled beauty is welcome.
Enjoy the first pics !!!
Attached Thumbnails
1970 Vespa - Restoration of a Wasp! EDIT: Restored Pics on Page 4-dsc00026.jpg  

1970 Vespa - Restoration of a Wasp! EDIT: Restored Pics on Page 4-dsc00024.jpg  

1970 Vespa - Restoration of a Wasp! EDIT: Restored Pics on Page 4-dsc00023.jpg  

Old 14th August 2010, 23:45   #90
BHPian

Oh very Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice photos of you n son with Bajaj Priya with superb rocket sidecar. Please select the glittering color which is not there in your scooter stable.
How come Fiat 600 in background?
We'l meet tomorrow. Bye GN
Fiat&Me is offline   Reply With Quote