Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 19th June 2011, 21:28   #256
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)

Well done Rahul, I am serious in getting these list asap, in case you are equally interested, to that matter anyone else also then we will go shopping sometime and get the stuff, I am also planning to go for non regular consumables apart from the regular consumables, I want to be peaceful for future.

CONSUMABLES

1.Carburattor Jets (big, small)
2.Air filter (even a cheatak ones will do)
3.Carburattor dust cap (Senior)

NON FREQUENT CONSUMABLES

4.Electric junction box
5.Shock absorber bed (Senior)
6.Engine mounting rubbers
7.Silencer
8.U beading (Aluminium/black Powder coating)
9.foot rest
10.rear seat
11.stand boots
12.Clutch bell (complete set with pressure plate,brass button)
13.Counter gear
14.Kick rachet with spring
15.Gear cross
16.Gear yolk

Still more to come...
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 20:56   #257
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this rather done up Vespa 150 at my mechanic.Says it belongs to a Doodhwala on Road No.12 Banjara Hills.

OT: Todays TOI carried a ad for New generation Vespa Dealership.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-vespa.jpg  

hillram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 23:42   #258
BHPian

Post Re: Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)

Looks like a very good scooter especially considering the fact that it belongs to a doodhwala!! Except for the words below the Vespa monogram, the scooter looks cool!! Hope he has another scooter for delivering milk!! Most doodhwalas in Hyderabad are seen on a Bajaj Chetak. I have seen a lot of ridiculous fancy stuff being done on scooters in Hyderabad but this one is very decent. Nice find, Ram!
Scarlet_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 00:59   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Most doodhwalas in Hyderabad are seen on a Bajaj Chetak. I have seen a lot of ridiculous fancy stuff being done on scooters in Hyderabad but this one is very decent. Nice find, Ram!
May this Doodhwala is of Italian descnet
anyway I intend to check out this guy and make a offer that he cant refuse over the weekend.
Old 21st June 2011, 21:16   #260
Senior - BHPian

Today made a racee to Kavery Autoparts to get some cables for my LML Vespa.He had a good collection of monograms of literally every LML model.
Bala you should raid this place once.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-1.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-2.jpg  

Old 21st June 2011, 21:33   #261
Senior - BHPian

Ram can you ask him if he has any Fantabulus Parts?
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 22:04   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
May this Doodhwala is of Italian descnet
anyway I intend to check out this guy and make a offer that he cant refuse over the weekend.
He has kept it so well and I really doubt if he would let go of it. If he does, good for you else you can make him join the group

I used to be regular customer with Kaveri Automobiles right from my LUNA days. I think they still have their first shop(in a lane on the other side of the main road) dedicated to the mopeds.
yaser_cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:32   #263
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ram for the spot, I will definately raid this place not alone but with you and get stuff required for both the scooters. I wish you all good luck in getting the milkman scooter but I am sure you will have to go through some centimental dialouges like "yeh mere centimental gaadi hai!", "abhi yeh antique main agaya!", "Lakh rupya diya tho bhe yeh gaadi nahi milta!", " yeh ek dum OHREEGEENAAL gaadi hai, bahut log pooche magar mai nahe diya!"

You are right Rahul, the scooter seems to have worked faithfully with the milkman and hence he converted it into a sheeshmahal, scooter looks neat but still much could have been done, I am loving the period registration and the shape of this scooter, sure she is blessed by al mighty Maa Bhavani.

Many of the Milkman have preferred old scooters for their endurance and durability, their scooters are everything when it comes to transport, on an average they levy 50 kgs to 1 quintal everyday, they make the scooter into two pieces at times. I remember mechanics getting too busy before the diwali days when these milkmans' get their scooters re done.
Old 24th June 2011, 11:13   #264
BHPian

Bala Bhai I totally agree with you on your saying, now a days everyone say this centimental dilog when you appraoch them even for scrap vehicle. I doubt this doodhwala will let this go btw all the best Ram sir.

Bala Bhai when are you raiding at the parts shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Thanks Ram for the spot, I will definately raid this place not alone but with you and get stuff required for both the scooters. I wish you all good luck in getting the milkman scooter but I am sure you will have to go through some centimental dialouges like "yeh mere centimental gaadi hai!", "abhi yeh antique main agaya!", "Lakh rupya diya tho bhe yeh gaadi nahi milta!", " yeh ek dum OHREEGEENAAL gaadi hai, bahut log pooche magar mai nahe diya!"

You are right Rahul, the scooter seems to have worked faithfully with the milkman and hence he converted it into a sheeshmahal, scooter looks neat but still much could have been done, I am loving the period registration and the shape of this scooter, sure she is blessed by al mighty Maa Bhavani.

Many of the Milkman have preferred old scooters for their endurance and durability, their scooters are everything when it comes to transport, on an average they levy 50 kgs to 1 quintal everyday, they make the scooter into two pieces at times. I remember mechanics getting too busy before the diwali days when these milkmans' get their scooters re done.
beetle_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 14:37   #265
Senior - BHPian

See I accept people valuing the vehicles if they are real admirers but doing the same to get those extra bucks then I take it as a crap. I feel hesitated to ask for those vehicles which are well maintained, the vehicle will speak for itself that it's might not be for sale.

Saleem bhai! will visit the place soon and be ready for some good news/stuff coming your home soon, they are on the way.
Old 26th June 2011, 20:30   #266
BHPian

Now that we are done with a successful FCCH meet, time now to plan for the next HCSC meet. We need to try and achieve the same turn out for the scooters as we did with the Fiats. Once a date is decided, we can try to ensure maximum participation.
Old 27th June 2011, 00:00   #267
Senior - BHPian

We will plan the next HCSC meet after some meticulous planning.Myself and Bala will be meeting upon my return from Paris after July 10th to discuss the road map.Rahul,you may join us in this discussion/planning too.
Old 3rd July 2011, 17:00   #268
BHPian

Sounds good. Let's plan for the meet on a date which will be near the first anniversary day of HCSC, say 21st August 2011.
Old 3rd July 2011, 19:04   #269
BHPian

I have finally acquired a Bajaj Super 1985 Model. Ram Bhai & Bala Bhai, am i eligible for HCSC? Atleast for the sake of HCSC's Logo, please say "YES"
traveloholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 19:28   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
I have finally acquired a Bajaj Super 1985 Model. Ram Bhai & Bala Bhai, am i eligible for HCSC? Atleast for the sake of HCSC's Logo, please say "YES"
Nikhil Bhai...you made my day..Indeed Im very happy for you and Its a big YES from HCSC.You will most definitly be inducted as a member at the next meet with a surprise.
Do post some pictures of the Bajaj Super..which is a classic in its own world.

@Rahul..HCSC Anniversary falls on August 15th which gives us time to plan and execute a better quality meet.We must mobilise more number of enthusiasts and cross the magical figure of 10(like FCCH).This will take lot of effort to find scooter enthusiasts.

Last edited by hillram : 3rd July 2011 at 19:36.