Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2011, 22:45   #331
BHPian
 
edsuede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scarborough (North Yorkshire)
Posts: 157
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: BCSC Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Both Ed and Mitch have been sent HCSC stickers,if imnot wrong.
Ed has already displayed on his scooter.

Hi Guys

I got the Bangalore club stickers printed up here in the UK thanks to Sidman kindly emailing me the template last year. Hillram kindly sent me HCSC stickers in the post

Last edited by edsuede : 8th October 2011 at 22:49. Reason: omission
edsuede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 22:39   #332
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,839
Thanked: 950 Times
Default HCSC Meet

Dear HCScians...Congratulations to Susheel for completing his restoration of Bajaj Scooter.
We now have to meet in November to welocme his ride in the new avatar.
Time to polish those scooters and get ready for a ride soon.
Bala,Susheel,Nikhil get ready.Few more scooter enthusiasts will join for the first time.
Dates will be published soon.....
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 22:58   #333
BHPian
 
sushil_n79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bhopal (M.P),Hyderabad (A.P)
Posts: 294
Thanked: 82 Times
Smile Re: HCSC Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Dear HCScians...Congratulations to Susheel for completing his restoration of Bajaj Scooter.
We now have to meet in November to welocme his ride in the new avatar.
Time to polish those scooters and get ready for a ride soon.
Bala,Susheel,Nikhil get ready.Few more scooter enthusiasts will join for the first time.
Dates will be published soon.....

Hi Ram bhai,
Thanks for the warm wishes . Definitely it will be a pleasure to be there with you all for the meet. eagerly awaiting the dates.

Regards

Sushil Narayanan
sushil_n79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 14:00   #334
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 17
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)

Is there anybody who can help me in finding a good and reliable mechanic to service my Lambretta (1976 model) which is in good running condition.

Thanks.
nitinbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 23:19   #335
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,839
Thanked: 950 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)

Nitin..Please PM me your contact number.My mechanic services Lambrettas and Vespas.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2011, 21:32   #336
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 17
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)

Thank you very much for quick response, Unable to send PM since the option is not yet activated for me (I'm a newbie ), I'll try to ping you on your yahoo id.

Thanks.
nitinbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2011, 15:32   #337
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,839
Thanked: 950 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbs View Post
Thank you very much for quick response, Unable to send PM since the option is not yet activated for me (I'm a newbie ), I'll try to ping you on your yahoo id.

Thanks.
Nitin..Drop me an email to hcsc.scooterclub@gmail.com
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 12:17   #338
BHPian
 
Scarlet_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 555
Thanked: 418 Times
Thumbs up Long Live Bajaj Scooters!

Read this article in today's Times of India, Hyderabad Edition. Long live Bajaj Scooters!

Link to the Article

Quote:
Hamara Bajaj floors Merc guide, German rides Chetak to work

Harit Mehta TNN

Stuttgart: A rather quaint two-wheeler awkwardly stands out among a long line of imposing Mercs parked at one of world’s biggest automotive museums in Stuttgart, Germany — a light beige Bajaj Chetak scooter.
Most Indians may have discarded their Chetaks for scrap many years ago, but not Armin G Groeger, who recently bought the iconic Indian scooter named after legendary Rajput warrior Rana Pratap’s horse. The man who explains the magic of Mercedes to thousands as the head of Mercedes Benz museum’s visitor services rides a Chetak to work.

When Groeger spotted an online ad in 2010 for sale of a 1998 model of the iconic Indian scooter, which has gone off the factory floor now, he couldn’t resist the temptation of buying it. The model, which once used to command a premium once in India if one had to beat years of waiting period to buy it, lost ground in the face of growing competition from trendy motorbikes post liberalisation. Finally its production was discontinued in 2009. “Best of all, it already has had a German licensing as it has been imported via Italy and registered in Germany.

But it never moved much as the ignition malfunctioned after the wheels had clocked only 5 kilometres. I got it for 500 euros -- invested another 500 -- and am now a proud owner of an original Indian Bajaj,” says Groeger, who first drove the Indian scooter in New Delhi, where his friend runs an NGO. “With no limits on the German Autobahn, my personal record has been 285 km/h on a motorbike. I was in the German parachute troops but the ultimate “kick” for me as a westerner was in 1996 driving in the Delhi business traffic, on the ‘wrong’ left side, on a main road with six lanes but 12 parallel driving vehicles, with no front brake – steering a Bajaj scooter myself. Wow, what a ride!” says Groeger, whose father was a skilled German horse-saddler from East Prussia. Groeger’s first Indian link was a friend Ravi Gulati, who hailed from Ahmedabad.

“Twenty years ago I was one of the many Europeans not knowing anything about India except Mowgli and a bit of Gandhi. I happened to share a room with Ravi during an internship in Calgary, Canada in 1991,” he says. As Gulati shifted base to Delhi, Groeger started visiting the Capital.

“Besides the marvellous heritage, the extraordinarily friendly people and the delicious food I was always amazed by the variety of traffic,” he said recalling his first brush with India, which ultimately led to his prized possession - the Chetak.

Name:  Bajaj.jpg
Views: 2232
Size:  8.5 KB
Scarlet_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 20:58   #339
Senior - BHPian
 
chanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: APX to AP 29
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)

Now that's the saddest part Rahul, the scooters which ruled the roads are now dead/lying in some corner of house, garage,lane to die a slow death. Enthusiast like you are still keeping them alive to show others what a faithful machine it was. To add to this I would say a lot of Indian treasure have been ignored, wasted or lost and our scooters have also got added to the list.

I have seen other countries they still cherish/like scooters unlike the trend in India which has moved to motorcycles may be because of comfort, modernization or most possibly economy.

Scooters esp in India have not changed at the same pace, situations around for example fuel price shooting high motorcycles like Hero Honda started capturing the market because of it's fuel economy and then Bajaj followed it with its own range of motorcycles but never thought to upgrade the scooters to its pace, later the 4 strokes, bike carburattor etc have come up but by then the population managed to manage the work of a scooter from a motorcycles hence the chance is lost.

My milk man uses splendor to distribute milk packets, news paper guy comes on a Bajaj CT100 all these are fuel economic vehicles. I still believe scooters have not lost its liking among Hyderabadis but the fuel economy is what makes them to think about, and I presume its the same with other states, if scooter companies think on those like I guess scooters will come back with a smile.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 21:41   #340
BHPian
 
sharma_sanjeevi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 570
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)

Dear Chanu,

Fully Agree with you. The Indian Scooters are left to die a Slow Death, and they are on a verge of extinction. Sad situation, but as you said the economy has progressed, and the market has shifted to the more Fuel Efficient Motorcycles.

The Scooter manufacturers for e.g. Bajaj should have salvaged the scooters by upgrading them according to the current trends, but sadly this didnt happen.

Also, the SADDEST part is that our heritage in form of the scooters are being exported Restored / Un-Restored to other Countries by some of the Greedy Businessmen here in India. I feel very bad whenever i see any of these sites, that export those beauties. It is a Racket, that the Government of India should be aware of.

I am thankful to Handful of Enthusiasts like Yourself, Hillram & Priyadarshan B to name a few, who still do care about the scooters and bringing them to life once again by restoring them. Hyderabad has become the Mecca of Vintage Scooters.

Whenever, i see a scooter lying on the roadside to die its natural death, i feel very Sad .

Hope some day the General Public / Manufacturers realise the value of these beauties and once again the Golden Era of Scooters comes back. Wishful thinking isnt it ?
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 14:59   #341
BHPian
 
priyadarshan.b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 225
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Now that's the saddest part Rahul, the scooters which ruled the roads are now dead/lying in some corner of house, garage,lane to die a slow death. Enthusiast like you are still keeping them alive to show others what a faithful machine it was. To add to this I would say a lot of Indian treasure have been ignored, wasted or lost and our scooters have also got added to the list.

I have seen other countries they still cherish/like scooters unlike the trend in India which has moved to motorcycles may be because of comfort, modernization or most possibly economy.

Scooters esp in India have not changed at the same pace, situations around for example fuel price shooting high motorcycles like Hero Honda started capturing the market because of it's fuel economy and then Bajaj followed it with its own range of motorcycles but never thought to upgrade the scooters to its pace, later the 4 strokes, bike carburattor etc have come up but by then the population managed to manage the work of a scooter from a motorcycles hence the chance is lost.

My milk man uses splendor to distribute milk packets, news paper guy comes on a Bajaj CT100 all these are fuel economic vehicles. I still believe scooters have not lost its liking among Hyderabadis but the fuel economy is what makes them to think about, and I presume its the same with other states, if scooter companies think on those like I guess scooters will come back with a smile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Dear Chanu,

Fully Agree with you. The Indian Scooters are left to die a Slow Death, and they are on a verge of extinction. Sad situation, but as you said the economy has progressed, and the market has shifted to the more Fuel Efficient Motorcycles.

The Scooter manufacturers for e.g. Bajaj should have salvaged the scooters by upgrading them according to the current trends, but sadly this didnt happen.

Also, the SADDEST part is that our heritage in form of the scooters are being exported Restored / Un-Restored to other Countries by some of the Greedy Businessmen here in India. I feel very bad whenever i see any of these sites, that export those beauties. It is a Racket, that the Government of India should be aware of.

I am thankful to Handful of Enthusiasts like Yourself, Hillram & Priyadarshan B to name a few, who still do care about the scooters and bringing them to life once again by restoring them. Hyderabad has become the Mecca of Vintage Scooters.

Whenever, i see a scooter lying on the roadside to die its natural death, i feel very Sad .

Hope some day the General Public / Manufacturers realise the value of these beauties and once again the Golden Era of Scooters comes back. Wishful thinking isnt it ?

I agree with you guys. Bajaj scooters served a mass of people without any complaints and reasonable performance. They may lack the finesse of a vespa 150 or the stable ride of a lambretta, but nonetheless they were part of almost every household in india for some time or the other. Fuel prices and additions of luxary features have pushed the scooter class (with a possible exclusion of gearless scooters) to a corner which does not lead anywhere other than neglect. Though there is a rise in appreciation for vintage scooters recently, it stops with lambretta or vespa and fails to reach the bajaj scooters. These two factors have been instrumental in replacing the old faithful bajajs from a common man's life. The no. of bajaj scooters on the road have gone down at an alarming rate in the last 2-3 years. It is painful to see that the few ones surviving are generally in a state of abuse and neglect. Even my father upgraded to a hero honda in the 90's owing to confort and economy. Fortunately the Bajaj Super was never sold and it is still with us, waiting to be restored and recognised again. The earliest memory that i have about a two wheeler is that i am standing in the front part of bajaj super as a 5 year old kid, with my hands on the handle bar. I pray that someday, before it is too late, people will realise that they have treasures rotting in some corners of their houses and that will be the day Bajaj scooters will be proud to run around the city roads again.

Priyadarshan

Last edited by priyadarshan.b : 17th February 2012 at 15:02.
priyadarshan.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 16:34   #342
Senior - BHPian
 
chanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: APX to AP 29
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 140 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)

The only way the scooters can be saved at least few numbers is by inspiring others, thanks to forums like this which is doing it. I feel proud when someone appreciates my scooters, love spending time with mechanic, like minded people, HCSC members I am glad and satisfied at scooters we have in the club and hope this inspires few others to get back to scooters.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 16:42   #343
BHPian
 
priyadarshan.b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 225
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
The only way the scooters can be saved at least few numbers is by inspiring others, thanks to forums like this which is doing it. I feel proud when someone appreciates my scooters, love spending time with mechanic, like minded people, HCSC members I am glad and satisfied at scooters we have in the club and hope this inspires few others to get back to scooters.

Well said chanu.. HCSC has been an inspiration to many.

Priyadarshan
priyadarshan.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2012, 22:35   #344
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,839
Thanked: 950 Times
Default Presenting my PL 170 - Yellow Mellow

One of the first Vespa Passion started when i used to stare at PL170s in my school and early junior college days.
I was simply fascinated by the square headlight and lean body.
Few months back,I met an American who was working for short stint in Hyderabad who owned a PL170.He promised to give it to me when he left India.
That days came in end of Feb when he finally left the PL170 to my care and left India for good.
Quck restoration followed as he has painted a sort of white colour which i didnt like.So finally when it can under my care,i choose a nice stand out colour and restored all its mechanicals to pristine order.
The colour changes from its original brown to white and then to my choice made go crazy as i had to scrap all the old paint out of the body,but in the end it was a well desired outcome.
Today it stands one of the most beautiful scooter that i owned among my steeds.An ultra joyous day in my life.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-chad-pl-170.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-pl-170-001.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-pl-170-002.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-pl-170-003.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-pl-170-004.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-pl-170-006.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-pl-170-007.jpg  

hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2012, 22:10   #345
BHPian
 
Fiat&Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 257
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)

Astonishingly bright yellow colour Ramgaru, She is looking so cute. Silver front center panel is adding spice. PL170 has a unique sleek look but much powerful as compared to look. So another small horse in your scooter stable. What is the total No. of cars/bikes/scooters you own as on today?

Last edited by Fiat&Me : 23rd March 2012 at 22:12.
Fiat&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hero announces 150cc Turbo-Diesel Scooter and Dash 110cc scooter CARDEEP Motorbikes 64 1st October 2015 10:24
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH) hillram Post-War 1472 4th August 2015 00:41
Bangalore Classic Scooter Club (BCSC) Sidman Vintage Cars & Classics in India 277 20th November 2014 12:58
Now that's what I call a scooter! The genuine scooter company NoMind Motorbikes 0 31st March 2009 15:07
Decals of Scooter Club Badges for my Lambretta... stevie g Motorbikes 0 7th March 2009 01:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:08.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks