Closed Thread

Old 23rd July 2011, 15:13   #106
BHPian

Default Re: My Beetle Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
Birth Certificate recd

Cheers
wuerzburg wow, i have been to this place, almost close to F furt, i visited for a business trip, and here is a picture for you, how the Wuerzburg plate looks like, how nice your car would have been looking the day she rolled out on the roads of this small little lovely town ,which would be much more lovely to see with so many beetles on the roads
Attached Images

Old 2nd August 2011, 09:44   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Found a set of useful items to be placed in the car if being stored for long or for a week or so. Keeps it fresh and also removes the excess Moisture from the car. A must for all enthusiasts who pack up the car especially for the monsoons. I found two makes one was Absorbia and the other Dampfree . Dampfree I have been using for years but it was imported now available in India. Absorbia has been in india for two years or so but never got an opportunity to use it till now. Dampfree has small 4 " squares which are good to keep taped up behind the dash and also in the VW Boot at the wiringl cover at the back to keep it all dry and extra moisture being trapped to be sucked out.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
My Beetle Stage 1-img2011080200085.jpg  

Last edited by kasli : 2nd August 2011 at 09:46.
kasli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 13:06   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Found a set of useful items to be placed in the car if being stored for long or for a week or so. Keeps it fresh and also removes the excess Moisture from the car. A must for all enthusiasts who pack up the car especially for the monsoons. I found two makes one was Absorbia and the other Dampfree . Dampfree I have been using for years but it was imported now available in India. Absorbia has been in india for two years or so but never got an opportunity to use it till now. Dampfree has small 4 " squares which are good to keep taped up behind the dash and also in the VW Boot at the wiringl cover at the back to keep it all dry and extra moisture being trapped to be sucked out.

Cheers
this product seems to be a good one as i find small patches of some growth especially on the dash board and steering wheels of my merc's may be the material may be ideal for fungal growth ,so i repeatedly lay the car in sun after a couple of weeks to make her feel fresh and moisture free,i will try this for sure,must be available at major accessory stores?
Old 2nd August 2011, 13:15   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

These are available in normal general stores in Mumbai. I can always find the website and send the link yo you. While the number in Mumbai for Damp Free is 022 - 40521777 & absorbia is http://www.betterandbrighter.com/

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
this product seems to be a good one as i find small patches of some growth especially on the dash board and steering wheels of my merc's may be the material may be ideal for fungal growth ,so i repeatedly lay the car in sun after a couple of weeks to make her feel fresh and moisture free,i will try this for sure,must be available at major accessory stores?

Last edited by kasli : 2nd August 2011 at 13:16.
kasli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:12   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Post a 25 km run and final mechanical alterations removed of the front disc and back to drums as thats what made the car go all over the place. . The clutch issues resolved due to some great help from everyone on the forum and special thanks to the Bangalore Beetle Boys - Pavan and The Bullet boy ( Jalopy Shop).

Mechanical issues first by Mahesh and then resolved and sorted by Carrera Motors aka Anoop Thakoor

My Team for their patience in getting this car sorted - A decade and finally some results.

Photo shoot tomorrow !!!! Snaps will be uploaded shortly

Cheers and Thank you very very much

Attached Thumbnails
My Beetle Stage 1-img2011080200088.jpg  

Last edited by kasli : 2nd August 2011 at 14:22. Reason: did not upload an image
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:34   #111
BANNED

Quote:
Post a 25 km run and final mechanical alterations removed of the front disc and back to drums as thats what made the car go all over the place. . The clutch issues resolved due to some great help from everyone on the forum and special thanks to the Bangalore Beetle Boys - Pavan and The Bullet boy ( Jalopy Shop).

Photo shoot tomorrow !!!! Snaps will be uploaded shortly

Cheers and Thank you very very much

Congratulations once again

Get your bumpers chromed, put those guards on them first and later the photoshoot.

Since your car is Mechanically fine, its time now to finish it Cosmetically.

Hats off to your patience....

And.. Where's the TREAT, i will pick you next week.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 2nd August 2011 at 17:36.
Old 10th August 2011, 16:30   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Spit and Polish time

Decided to get her cleaned and de- Tar/ greased ( only on the body to bring out the shade a tad better )

Looks good and seems to be working

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
My Beetle Stage 1-img2011081000102.jpg  

Old 10th August 2011, 22:51   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more snaps and final set on Sunday !

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
My Beetle Stage 1-img2011081000097.jpg  

My Beetle Stage 1-img2011081000098.jpg  

My Beetle Stage 1-img2011081000099.jpg  

My Beetle Stage 1-img2011081000100.jpg  

My Beetle Stage 1-img2011081000101.jpg  

Old 11th August 2011, 00:37   #114
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: My Beetle Stage 1

Quote:

Cheers
Looking good !!.Please post some engine bay pics also.
Cheers !
Old 11th August 2011, 09:21   #115
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
Looks Drool mall... Specially work mate.. she look fantastic...
Old 11th August 2011, 14:23   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Please find an image of the Engine compartment, a little un tidy though and will be cleaned up. suggestions please

Best Wishes
Aniruddh

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeve View Post
Looking good !!.Please post some engine bay pics also.
Cheers !
Attached Thumbnails
My Beetle Stage 1-img2011081100103.jpg  

Last edited by kasli : 11th August 2011 at 14:25.
Old 11th August 2011, 14:51   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please find an image of the Engine compartment, a little un tidy though and will be cleaned up. suggestions please

Best Wishes
Aniruddh
Ani,

Your beetle is looking awesome. The blue color is looking just period and lends a character to the bug. The overall turnout and the detailing has come out real good.

I would say that if you tidy up the wires and pipes in the engine compartment, it will improves the looks a whole lot. I have few pics off internet. I have always thought of doing this on my car, lets see if it happens or not.

Name:  1vw beetle.jpg
Views: 1021
Size:  66.6 KB

Name:  2vw beetle.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  56.0 KB

Name:  vw beetle.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  143.0 KB
manishalive is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 15:34   #118
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: My Beetle Stage 1

Quote:

Best Wishes
Aniruddh
Dear Aniruddji,
The engine can do with some detailing.You have to taken a decision as to whether you want keep it stock or give it a custom look.If you want to give it the custom look there are lot billet aluminium accessories available from EMPI and other makes.Good luck with everything you do to make her pretty .Enjoy your ride .
Cheers !!
Old 11th August 2011, 17:06   #119
BHPian

Quote:

Best Wishes
Aniruddh
hi,the engine looks realy neat, pls let me know what is the cutout/relay type of thing on the right of the shroud on the firewall ,as you are using an alternator and that too looks like to be having an in built cutout so why the need of that ,psl advice
Old 11th August 2011, 21:29   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill

hi,the engine looks realy neat, pls let me know what is the cutout/relay type of thing on the right of the shroud on the firewall ,as you are using an alternator and that too looks like to be having an in built cutout so why the need of that ,psl advice
Had a dynamo before and have not removed the cutout but will do it this Sunday. Have get the right small seals to cover the holes in the firewall made by the cut out.
Closed Thread