Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2011, 17:10   #121
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOMBAY
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 1,889 Times
Default Snaps During the Beetle Run - Aug 2011

Some snaps taken of the car today while I had time to click them before we drove off. Changes to be made and will be done by the time you see the next set of snaps post monsoon.

Changes : Bumpers and over riders , a mirror on the outside. Cut out from the Engine firewall as now we have an alternator. Fire Extinguisher will be properly fitted, new tailpipes and running board trims. All suggestions are more than welcome !

Cheers
Attached Images
             
kasli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2011, 16:02   #122
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOMBAY
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 1,889 Times
Default Re: My Beetle Stage 1

snaps of the car and updated dash with the fuel gauge now in place and the speedo meter ring which was missing. next up work on the slot for the ashtray which is in stock. New Dash trim Patti's also put and now getting the car unto stock except for the seats which were done keeping an element of retro theme in tune.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
My Beetle Stage 1-img2011091800208.jpg  

My Beetle Stage 1-img2011091800209.jpg  

My Beetle Stage 1-img2011091800206.jpg  

kasli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 12:21   #123
BHPian
 
glomus123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: India
Posts: 163
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: My Beetle Stage 1

Beautiful!! The second picture is a real-real beauty!! Congratulations on your efforts and for a wonderful restoration!!

With thanks and regards
glomus123 is offline  
Old 19th September 2011, 13:41   #124
BHPian
 
Shreeram's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 379
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: My Beetle Stage 1

Excellent Restoration and Fit and Finish. I hope to achieve this kind of Work on my Datsun soon. Hope it turns out good.
Shreeram is offline  
Old 19th September 2011, 21:49   #125
Senior - BHPian
 
SuperSelect's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 221 Times
Default Re: My Beetle Stage 1

Beautiful, Kasli ! She's looking gorgeous A fantastic job..
Looking forward to seeing her in person sometime.
SuperSelect is offline  
Old 19th September 2011, 23:50   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,455
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: My Beetle Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
Some snaps taken of the car today while I had time to click them before we drove off.
Looks awesome. Where were these pics clicked?

Last edited by Jayabusa : 19th September 2011 at 23:52.
Jayabusa is offline  
Old 20th September 2011, 11:06   #127
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: IXE
Posts: 575
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: My Beetle Stage 1

Kasli ji....The car looks awesome , one of the best restored cars. Congratulations.
girishpv is offline  
Old 20th September 2011, 11:12   #128
BHPian
 
mbz180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 830
Thanked: 543 Times
Default Re: My Beetle Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
snaps of the car and updated dash with the fuel gauge now in place and the speedo meter ring which was missing. next up work on the slot for the ashtray which is in stock. New Dash trim Patti's also put and now getting the car unto stock except for the seats which were done keeping an element of retro theme in tune.

Cheers.
Great work Kasli. Especially like the seat and door pad material, looks very authentic. Waiting for pics with the chromed bumpers.

Regards
Prithvi
mbz180 is offline  
Old 20th September 2011, 13:33   #129
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOMBAY
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 1,889 Times
Default Re: My Beetle Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Looks awesome. Where were these pics clicked?
The last set were taken at Fort Horniman Circle while the other snaps at the lane near the rifle club at Worli

Ballard estate is a good location to take pics and another one also near hanging Garden the cars.

Cheers
kasli is offline  
Old 16th October 2011, 17:20   #130
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOMBAY
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 1,889 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli

The last set were taken at Fort Horniman Circle while the other snaps at the lane near the rifle club at Worli

Ballard estate is a good location to take pics and another one also near hanging Garden the cars.

Cheers


Name:  image-1558894896.png
Views: 500
Size:  934.2 KB

With new trim rings
kasli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2011, 20:34   #131
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default Re: My Beetle Stage 1

Brilliant restoration. Kudos to you. I have myself been looking at buying a Beetle but a much later model mid to late 70's & I want to make it into a HOT ROD !! But the trick is to make it look stock on the outside !!

I know a lot of you would want me to take a walk, but then I do need my creature comforts & power on tap..

any help will be highly appreciated.

Each time a Bettle restoration happens - it stirs something in me, which I cannot define. Maybe a childhood fixation...



cheers
Ricky_63 is offline  
Old 16th October 2011, 20:54   #132
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOMBAY
Posts: 1,806
Thanked: 1,889 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63
Brilliant restoration. Kudos to you. I have myself been looking at buying a Beetle but a much later model mid to late 70's & I want to make it into a HOT ROD !! But the trick is to make it look stock on the outside !!

I know a lot of you would want me to take a walk, but then I do need my creature comforts & power on tap..

any help will be highly appreciated.

Each time a Bettle restoration happens - it stirs something in me, which I cannot define. Maybe a childhood fixation...

cheers
When you do find a beetle that you can work on to convert a hot rod , give me the engine and gearbox . I will keep aside as when you really want to get it back to stock . Collect the same from me . Will safe keep it till then. As people loses these precious items. The choice is totally yours but just one thing there is enough pep in them. Shall keep you posted and go thru the classifieds on team bhp might find something good and decent.

Cheers
kasli is offline  
Old 16th October 2011, 23:56   #133
BHPian
 
SwiftSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 99
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: My Beetle Stage 1

Great work kasli. The car exterior and the interior instruments are looking great.
SwiftSD is offline  
Old 17th October 2011, 10:27   #134
BHPian
 
mbz180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 830
Thanked: 543 Times
Default Re: My Beetle Stage 1

Hi Kasli,

Can you please post photos of the headliner material used on the webasto roof of your Beetle? It looks very similar in style to the ones for Mercedes Pontons. Also, where did you get the headliner inner and outer fabric and canvas?

Prithvi

Last edited by mbz180 : 17th October 2011 at 10:28. Reason: Grammatical error
mbz180 is offline  
Old 17th October 2011, 11:04   #135
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,846
Thanked: 375 Times
Default Re: My Beetle Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
When you do find a beetle that you can work on to convert a hot rod , give me the engine and gearbox . I will keep aside as when you really want to get it back to stock . Collect the same from me . Will safe keep it till then. As people loses these precious items. The choice is totally yours but just one thing there is enough pep in them. Shall keep you posted and go thru the classifieds on team bhp might find something good and decent.

Cheers


Thanks for the offer I will keep your suggestion in mind. Does your car have an AC ? I am told that it is doable & people have done it without overheating issues. Is that correct ?

Can you give me a ball park figure on the cost of restoration given that the car I pick up is in driving condition.




Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My First Car PC Install - Research and Planning Stage sys_whiz In-Car Entertainment 248 10th April 2010 17:07
1967 Volkswagen Beetle-Build your own paper beetle Naren4140 Shifting gears 4 5th December 2009 05:16
Wagon R Vxi - Euro II or Bharat Stage III johy Hatchbacks 11 16th May 2006 06:56
Bharat Stage III issues johnjacob The Indian Car Scene 6 3rd March 2005 10:50
Indian Rally: Stage Speeds Tom Indian Motorsport 13 13th August 2004 13:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks