Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2010, 12:53   #16
BHPian
 
inderpalgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 462
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project

iam waiting for the inputs and suggestions from friends
inderpalgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:32   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
the mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,154
Thanked: 707 Times
Default Re: My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project

Inderpalji can you please put some pre restoration pics of this car so that its easy for us to understand what was the starting point for this project.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 14:47   #18
BHPian
 
inderpalgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 462
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Inderpalji can you please put some pre restoration pics of this car so that its easy for us to understand what was the starting point for this project.
sure sir ji, will dig my system for that, recent updates received some parts like the stainless steel firewall,the complete exhaust, new 31 pict carb ,bosch blue coil,and blue spark plug leads ,pics follwing
inderpalgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2010, 10:07   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project

Nice work. Liked the colour combination. Plan to restore my W115 soon.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2010, 13:56   #20
BHPian
 
inderpalgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 462
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Nice work. Liked the colour combination. Plan to restore my W115 soon.
Thanks ji, very happy to listen you liked the color combination,all the best for 115,is it petrol or diesel,i can say today is the right time for 115 because we may get parts difficultly in the coming years,they are available today,all the best again!
inderpalgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2010, 14:30   #21
BHPian
 
inderpalgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 462
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project

happy to receive another lot of parts ie a new muffler,a new carb,quarter glass rubbers,door catcher,ss firewall,inner and outer door handle, speedometer chrome ring,chrome air cleaner,here are some pics
Attached Images
           
inderpalgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2010, 17:04   #22
BHPian
 
mbz180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 830
Thanked: 543 Times
Default Re: My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
happy to receive another lot of parts ie a new muffler,a new carb,quarter glass rubbers,door catcher,ss firewall,inner and outer door handle, speedometer chrome ring,chrome air cleaner,here are some pics
Hello Sir,

can you please tell me where you got the new carb from? I need a new Solex carb for my 1958 Merc.

Regards
Prithvi
mbz180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2010, 17:37   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project

Its a 4 speed manual column shift petrol engine. Its been with us for a coulple of years. But been really busy of late and travelling too. So she has been a bit neglected. Just bought a new battery last week. Will start her up once i get back to pune.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2010, 12:32   #24
BHPian
 
inderpalgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 462
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post
Hello Sir,

can you please tell me where you got the new carb from? I need a new Solex carb for my 1958 Merc.

Regards
Prithvi
sir i got the carb from US is the mercedes similar to this one if so can u measure the port size and the distance between the two studs that hold the carb to the manifold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Its a 4 speed manual column shift petrol engine. Its been with us for a coulple of years. But been really busy of late and travelling too. So she has been a bit neglected. Just bought a new battery last week. Will start her up once i get back to pune.
cheers mate, i will appreciate if you post some pics and take necessary steps and efforts to make her road worthy.

progress today,door handles fitted ,deck lid handle fitted,front hood strip stainless steel new fitted,hood crest logo pending,clutch cross shaft fitted with new bush made from PU.work in progress,eager to have a drive before the winters vanish,wish my self best of luck.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th December 2010 at 17:31. Reason: Back to back posts, please use multi quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
inderpalgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2010, 14:06   #25
BHPian
 
mbz180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 830
Thanked: 543 Times
Default Re: My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
progress today,door handles fitted ,deck lid handle fitted,front hood strip stainless steel new fitted,hood crest logo pending,clutch cross shaft fitted with new bush made from PU.work in progress,eager to have a drive before the winters vanish,wish my self best of luck.
Sir,

Can you please tell me where to get new Solex carb from?

Regards
Prithvi
mbz180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2010, 16:06   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
mdsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 446 Times
Default Re: My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
cheers mate, i will appreciate if you post some pics and take necessary steps and efforts to make her road worthy.
Will post once i get back to pune. I do drive her around once in a while. But probably not as much as i should.
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2010, 17:12   #27
BHPian
 
inderpalgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 462
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post
Sir,

Can you please tell me where to get new Solex carb from?

Regards
Prithvi
sir,actually mine is not a new solex carb,as solex is no more into production of new carbs any more,so mine is EMPI which the vendors rate as OE and i got through my friend in USA,so these are available in 3(approx diif sizes) for beetle also a twin carb kits are available too,but not sure they fit Benz or not,some alterations may have to be made

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Will post once i get back to pune. I do drive her around once in a while. But probably not as much as i should.
thanks for the reply will be waiting for the pics,keep driving thanks

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th December 2010 at 17:31. Reason: Back to back posts, please use multi quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
inderpalgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2010, 17:45   #28
BHPian
 
mbz180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 830
Thanked: 543 Times
Default Re: My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
sir,actually mine is not a new solex carb,as solex is no more into production of new carbs any more,so mine is EMPI which the vendors rate as OE and i got through my friend in USA,so these are available in 3(approx diif sizes) for beetle also a twin carb kits are available too,but not sure they fit Benz or not,some alterations may have to be made thanks for the reply will be waiting for the pics,keep driving thanks

Hello Sir,

Please PM me your USA friend's contact, I have a feeling a 34 PICB repro might be available.

Regards
Prithvi
mbz180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2010, 15:38   #29
BHPian
 
inderpalgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 462
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post
Hello Sir,

Please PM me your USA friend's contact, I have a feeling a 34 PICB repro might be available.

Regards
Prithvi
sir 34 pict carb by empi is available freely on many online stores for an approximate price of USD 150
inderpalgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2010, 18:16   #30
BHPian
 
mbz180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 830
Thanked: 543 Times
Default Re: My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
sir 34 pict carb by empi is available freely on many online stores for an approximate price of USD 150
Hello,

Is there any difference between a Solex 34 PICB and a 34 PICT? PICT's are freely available, not so the PICBs. Please let me know.


Regards
Prithvi
mbz180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1961 Italian Fiat 1100/D Special. A Restoration Project. V-16 Post-War 426 17th August 2016 19:08
My 1966 VW Beetle! A new restoration project SA7VA5 Post-War 61 19th January 2015 15:48
1961 VW Beetle Restoration PAVAN KADAM Post-War 59 3rd June 2012 00:19
1967 Volkswagen Beetle-Build your own paper beetle Naren4140 Shifting gears 4 5th December 2009 05:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks