Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 22nd January 2011, 15:45   #46
BHPian

Default Re: My 1961 Volkswagen Beetle,restoration project

here are some pics today i am almost finished up with the engine part as all the wires/leads carb air cleaner are in there respective places, firewall protective sheet has been peeled out and an excellent mirror shine has appeared enjoy some pics and suggestions awaited
Attached Images

inderpalgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 15:49   #47
Senior - BHPian

Inderpalji: The pics clearly show the quality of restoration and your dedication behind it!

Just SUPERB work. Beetle looking very very neat.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 16:01   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Inderpalji: The pics clearly show the quality of restoration and your dedication behind it!

Just SUPERB work. Beetle looking very very neat.
sir,it really feels good to hear from a senior BHPian like you,thanks for the words i will be posting some pics of the engine and right now iam putting up the Bumpers,this weekend i was lucky to finish up lots of things, i wish i had got the pedals that are sent for re bushing to had wonderful drive on Sunday may be next Sunday,Thanks again
Old 22nd January 2011, 17:00   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
here are some pics today i am almost finished up with the engine part as all the wires/leads carb air cleaner are in there respective places, firewall protective sheet has been peeled out and an excellent mirror shine has appeared enjoy some pics and suggestions awaited
i just now completed with the bumpers too,today was a good day and almost exteriors and mechanicals are complete,interiors=seats are ready so are the carpet and door panels will begin on Monday, i got short of 4 bumper bolts can some good enough friend help the bumpers here are the pics of rear portion complete with bumpers carb air cleaner etc and the pic of bolts i need i have the short ones ie the late models but in need this shape and length old ones will do as i can chrome them.
Attached Images

Old 22nd January 2011, 19:07   #50
BHPian

Great work Inderpallji, your car is sure turning out to be a stunner! Can you please tell me where you got the Bosch blue coil from as I need one for my car as well.

Regards
Prithvi
mbz180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 19:59   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post
Great work Inderpallji, your car is sure turning out to be a stunner! Can you please tell me where you got the Bosch blue coil from as I need one for my car as well.

Regards
Prithvi
if you want BOSCH GERMAN 12volt black coil it is available with a friend here
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 16:53   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post

Regards
Prithvi
Thanks a lot for appreciation sirji,i got the Bosch blue coil epoxy filled(not oil)from usa @ $35,its too good and i think does not needs a resistance as the oil filled ones need and can be mounted in any position,rest the gurus,s suggest and for sure looks smart ha ha
Old 25th January 2011, 11:33   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for appreciation sirji,i got the Bosch blue coil epoxy filled(not oil)from usa @ $35,its too good and i think does not needs a resistance as the oil filled ones need and can be mounted in any position,rest the gurus,s suggest and for sure looks smart ha ha
hi some more pics of a sticker session done iam loving it
Attached Images

Old 26th January 2011, 14:25   #54
BHPian

All the friends here ,i need help the progress has stuck at the pedals ,the pedal cluster when i was about to put back to its place ,i found some thing to be wrong and think the time my denter put a new flooring he didnt weld the support that keeps the pedal cluster in place,can some one here help me with that or any picture possible so that i can fabricate the same.Thanks in advance,pls keep in mind my car is RHD
Old 28th January 2011, 16:30   #55
BHPian

Quote:
All the friends here ,i need help the progress has stuck at the pedals ,the pedal cluster when i was about to put back to its place ,i found some thing to be wrong and think the time my denter put a new flooring he didnt weld the support that keeps the pedal cluster in place,can some one here help me with that or any picture possible so that i can fabricate the same.Thanks in advance,pls keep in mind my car is RHD
here is the latest pic i was being mistaken by type 3 pedals so here is the pic what i am looking for thanks
Old 1st February 2011, 16:21   #56
BHPian

Quote:
here is the latest pic i was being mistaken by type 3 pedals so here is the pic what i am looking for thanks
yes that is done ,thanks to the early manual that covered a very deep detailing of beetles till 64.now begins the interiors.
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:58   #57
BHPian

Quote:
yes that is done ,thanks to the early manual that covered a very deep detailing of beetles till 64.now begins the interiors.
here are some pics for interiors, new exhaust after powder coating, tail pipe clamps new from USA and interestingly Made in India,new licence plate GDA based on the same pattern as of my other cars! door panels cut out from pvc sheet,may be giving better fit with locks and better healthy lifework in progress,
Attached Images

Old 3rd February 2011, 14:57   #58
BHPian

iam eagerly waiting for suggestions, comments from all my vw friends out here,please spare some time for my bug please
Old 3rd February 2011, 15:46   #59
BHPian

Quote:
iam eagerly waiting for suggestions, comments from all my vw friends out here,please spare some time for my bug please

nice work , loose the 16'' alloys and go for some period rims. the alloys dont fit in.
howler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 16:12   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
nice work , loose the 16'' alloys and go for some period rims. the alloys dont fit in.
thanks for the words, actually i have the original set of wheels painted in body combinations and new set of hubcaps, iam hunting for the white band or wall tyres, may be the MRF legend ,as soon as i get them will put the original set of wheels that is why i did no alteration with the original drums and used a spacer plate or you can name it as an adapter plate to match both the whole structures,pls help me get the white line 2" tyres ,a request to all the friends here