Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Old 9th October 2011, 22:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 3-Wheel Car - my BADAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
What ever may be,..at mid '70s , you would have been aware ..what was the Industries promotion policy from our both State & Central Governments, that to for a small players like SAIL
It is Really sad...that they couldn't hold the market, for long time, because of "in direct back door" punching by other Car manufacturers, with help of Government & Financial institutions (Banks)....b'coz this was the practice on those days.....even this was the reason for closure of the mighty " STANDARD MOTORS".......@ SM, it was always Tamil Nadu politicians, played the vital role in shutting the doors !!

It is really sad, we are now searching internet to see a BADAL.......
Why to search??.......here is my Badal( 1978)

The 200cc Innocenti Engine ( air cooled) at the rear.>>

Starter Motor cum DYNAMO ( some thing like Siba -Dyna thing but not exactly)Now at my garage......
Was there any 175cc Villiers engine, that did duty on the Enfield Crusader, on the Badal. I remember that way, perhaps I am totally wrong. I have travelled once in a Badal taxi at North Parur in Kerala where there were many such taxis then. I remember its straight shifting gear lever. Upon launcfh the little Badal was costing around Rs 15000.

Last edited by rajeev k : 9th October 2011 at 22:19.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 22:14   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Was there any 175cc Villiers engine, that did duty on the Enfield Crusader, on the Badal. I remember that way, perhaps I am totally wrong. I have travelled once in a Badal taxi at North Parur in Kerala where there were many such taxis. I remember its straight shifting gear lever. Upon launcfh the little Badal was costing around Rs 15000.
From the day one, since the BADAL was launched,..it had the 200cc Innocenti Engine, 2 stroke, air-cooled ( it is almost similar to 3 wheeler LAMBRO or API 175 Tuk Tuk)--plz go down to seen the pics of the power train, which I have posted in this thread.
The straight shifting gear lever, has a two way link as in Lambro, but in a angle & poition to enable gear shift.
for sure, there is no way Villiers Engine here in Badal.
Even the differential seems to resemble the Lambro, may be with different gear ratio ( will post about this while opening the differential of this Badal....which is must in my Badal)
powertwin is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 22:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
plz go down to seen the pics of the power train, which I have posted in this thread.
Yes I saw that. The Lambretta trade mark design fan cover.

Last edited by rajeev k : 9th October 2011 at 22:23.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote