Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
You can get it from bookadda
Scroll up on this page to wasif's post for the link
Did you recieve your copy ?
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 12:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 'Rolls Royce 17 EX - A Fabulous Destiny' by Gautam Sen

Just got my copy of this wonderfull book, direct from France, thanks a million to Gautam Sen for sending it to me.

Looks superb, yet to read it but the pictures are fantastic and the print and format is excellent
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 15:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Did you recieve your copy ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Just got my copy of this wonderfull book, direct from France, thanks a million to Gautam Sen for sending it to me.

Looks superb, yet to read it but the pictures are fantastic and the print and format is excellent
Yep I too got mine. Was your book autographed too by Gautam in the inner page? No wonder it took so long all the way from France

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 16th April 2013 at 15:41.
deutscheafrikar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2013, 16:50   #34
BHPian

I just borrowed the book from Bumpu "Sir-Car" on penalty of not working on my car if i didn't return it.

What a Great Read, filled with so much information about the RR-17EX, Rolls-Royce and the magic of India during it's Hey Day plus all the fabulous photographs!

The story of the Mitter family's vacation trip to Hazaribagh was so absolutely captivating that I plan on retracing their steps and seeing what is left of all the historical sites along the way when we return to Calcutta in October.

Anyone want to join my wife and I?
john a milne is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2013, 15:38   #35
BHPian

Amazing Pics , Got my Copy of the book a while back , and have spent a long time just looking at the old period pics. I just would have hoped that we could have saved some of the priceless cars that the Mitters owned. I will have old period pics of Loudon street as we used to live there till about 10 years back and my great grandfather had built the house . Let me look them up and see if i can find any cars in them .

The chowrangee road picture is especially poignant as we own the building across the road from the present LIC/Big Bazaar building , and my father recollected some amazing times gone by after looking at it.

Last edited by wbd8779 : 23rd December 2013 at 15:45.
wbd8779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2013, 17:07   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
I just borrowed the book from Bumpu "Sir-Car" on penalty of not working on my car if i didn't return it.

What a Great Read, filled with so much information about the RR-17EX, Rolls-Royce and the magic of India during it's Hey Day plus all the fabulous photographs!

The story of the Mitter family's vacation trip to Hazaribagh was so absolutely captivating that I plan on retracing their steps and seeing what is left of all the historical sites along the way when we return to Calcutta in October.

Anyone want to join my wife and I?
>>>

Did you retrace the steps? If so, a travelogue will be inspirational.

Regards
issigonis
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote