Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War

Old 30th January 2009, 13:31   #1
BHPian

Default How people ruined cars for mindless fun.

austin seven going down a cliff.
siddartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 23:15   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Our Bollywood films bear testimony to this fact and the countless number of American cars and other imports of the 1940's,50's and 60's annihilated in several films are tragic.The logic was and still is: when any car is available for a paltry sum get one as second hand from somewhere and throw it from somewhere and crash it or burn it. Contessas,118 NE's and Standard 2000's were seen aplenty till a few years back. Now the Daewoo Cielos and Opel Astras are hot favourites.
Gues we should have a Society For Prevention of Cruelty to Cars.(SPCC)
anjan_c2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 17:57   #3
BHPian

That was tragic! What what makes me angrier is that the 'clip'/'movie' did not make any sense. What was that?!
Gooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 18:50   #4
BHPian

Probably the cars were current models then and NOT VINTAGE when these films were made.

Its just like how we thrash Esteems and Jeeps (Oops. Mahindras) in movies now.

-- Torqy
Torqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 19:23   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Probably the cars were current models then and NOT VINTAGE when these films were made.

Its just like how we thrash Esteems and Jeeps (Oops. Mahindras) in movies now.

-- Torqy
Torqy I think its a contemporary video, made with effects to look old.
Gooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 14:49   #6
BHPian

the video is completely whacko, and so are the people , it makes no sense at all and there is no purpose of destroying that car , its like " hey we are nuts, we have nothing to do , so let wreck that car".

i agree anjan , SPCC is a must.
siddartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 19:46   #7
BHPian

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Our Bollywood films bear testimony to this fact and the countless number of American cars and other imports of the 1940's,50's and 60's annihilated in several films are tragic.The logic was and still is: when any car is available for a paltry sum get one as second hand from somewhere and throw it from somewhere and crash it or burn it. Contessas,118 NE's and Standard 2000's were seen aplenty till a few years back. Now the Daewoo Cielos and Opel Astras are hot favourites.
Gues we should have a Society For Prevention of Cruelty to Cars.(SPCC)
Just yesterday @ my place, I was told that a English junk is for sale ,by Gujjrias,,,,rushed to the car owner,he was ready to sell, but only condition
"Look Mr you are suppose to break it hereitself & then take the CAR(??)" since we dont want to give the papers to anyone.
Nearby inside his premises, already a huge "Willys" trailer was chopped to bits by a gas welder.( can be seen partially in the pic)
He asked me not to shoot any pics, were another Zephyr was also there ( not in pic)
I was helpless only thing i could do was to click few snaps, without that Crazy idiot's knowledge
It was a Utility van from " FORDSON",worth restoration
I really lost my sleep yesterday, thinking what will happen to that Zephyr!!
Attached Thumbnails
How people ruined cars for mindless fun.-01.jpg  

How people ruined cars for mindless fun.-02.jpg  

How people ruined cars for mindless fun.-03.jpg  

How people ruined cars for mindless fun.-04.jpg  

powertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 07:47   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Just yesterday @ my place, I was told that a English junk is for sale ,by Gujjrias,,,,rushed to the car owner,he was ready to sell, but only condition
"Look Mr you are suppose to break it hereitself & then take the CAR(??)" since we dont want to give the papers to anyone.
Nearby inside his premises, already a huge "Willys" trailer was chopped to bits by a gas welder.( can be seen partially in the pic)
He asked me not to shoot any pics, were another Zephyr was also there ( not in pic)
I was helpless only thing i could do was to click few snaps, without that Crazy idiot's knowledge
It was a Utility van from " FORDSON",worth restoration
I really lost my sleep yesterday, thinking what will happen to that Zephyr!!
Unbelivable,I wonder if he would sign a paper receipt aknowledging that you realise the Fordson Van is a project and they he will not be responsible for bureaucratic nonsense that my /maynot crop up in future?
They have become very valuable now and collectors will pay good money just for the unobtainable rear doors.
Star man is offline   Reply With Quote