Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:08   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,111
Thanked: 3,463 Times
Default Restoring a 1930 Ford Model A

My friend has recently purchased a FORD 1930 A. This beauty was lying in a garage for the last 35 years.

He has started restoring this beauty, procured many parts from US.

I will email the pictures shortly.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:23   #2
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 45
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Do post pictures. Ford A Parts are easily available in US.
Cargaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:30   #3
BHPian
 
vintagepoint5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jeddah/Hyd
Posts: 411
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Please post the Ford pictures and also other Ford you have. Is the Ford
is yellow colour and open top? seen one yellow Ford, 2 yrs back in Hyd.
vintagepoint5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 18:43   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,936
Thanked: 366 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagepoint5 View Post
Please post the Ford pictures and also other Ford you have. Is the Ford
is yellow colour and open top? seen one yellow Ford, 2 yrs back in Hyd.
Please do post some pics and history of the car. It is always a pleasure to hear and see cars from Hyderabad.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 18:47   #5
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 551
Thanked: 467 Times
Default

Please do share the pics. GirishPV from Mangalore has picked up a similar car and is restoring it. He had it pulled outta the ground in the previous owners' compound!

Cheers!
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:37   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
ariesonu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,090
Thanked: 1,271 Times
Default

You may enjoy this link
1930 Model A Ford Sedan Fabrication

I hope this is the car the one we would be looking at:
Restoring a 1930 Ford Model A-is_ford_1930modela_phaeton.jpg
ariesonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 00:04   #7
Newbie
 
norton4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 6
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagepoint5 View Post
Please post the Ford pictures and also other Ford you have. Is the Ford
is yellow colour and open top? seen one yellow Ford, 2 yrs back in Hyd.
Hi vintagepoint5,

Would this be the yellow Ford you mentioned?

norton4ever
Attached Thumbnails
Restoring a 1930 Ford Model A-scan0056.jpg  

norton4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 03:05   #8
BHPian
 
vintagepoint5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jeddah/Hyd
Posts: 411
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Hi Norton4ever,

Yes this is the yellow Ford, I had seen earlier and taken some nice pics. Appreciate if you share it history, who was previous owners and where it was for 35 yrs and where it is now.

Who is restoring it now and present status.

Good luck! and all the best.
vintagepoint5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 13:12   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,111
Thanked: 3,463 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by norton4ever View Post
Hi vintagepoint5,

Would this be the yellow Ford you mentioned?

norton4ever
No, not this one.

I have the pictures, not able to upload them because the size of exceeds 1mb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagepoint5 View Post
Hi Norton4ever,

Yes this is the yellow Ford, I had seen earlier and taken some nice pics. Appreciate if you share it history, who was previous owners and where it was for 35 yrs and where it is now.

Who is restoring it now and present status.

Good luck! and all the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
You may enjoy this link
1930 Model A Ford Sedan Fabrication

I hope this is the car the one we would be looking at:
Attachment 342083
Yes, absolutely.The color is Cherry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagepoint5 View Post
Hi Norton4ever,

Yes this is the yellow Ford, I had seen earlier and taken some nice pics. Appreciate if you share it history, who was previous owners and where it was for 35 yrs and where it is now.

Who is restoring it now and present status.

Good luck! and all the best.
I do not know the exact history of the previous owner. This beauty was lying in a very small place called Hospet in North Karnataka.

My friend Praveen who hails from Raichur (North Karnataka) has bought this beauty and has started restoring it from scratch.

Last edited by Dippy : 7th May 2010 at 10:15. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 14:11   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,111
Thanked: 3,463 Times
Default

Dear All,

Please find the pics.

He has already procured the tyres, will upload them in 3-4 days.
Attached Thumbnails
Restoring a 1930 Ford Model A-10122009028.jpg  

Restoring a 1930 Ford Model A-10122009031.jpg  

Restoring a 1930 Ford Model A-10122009032.jpg  

Restoring a 1930 Ford Model A-10122009034.jpg  

Restoring a 1930 Ford Model A-10122009036.jpg  

SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 15:33   #11
BHPian
 
vintagepoint5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jeddah/Hyd
Posts: 411
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Hi Silverwood,
To solve the problem of uploading 1MB size picture. there were lot of free software available on internet and one thread on Team-bhp also gives details of how to upload such images, available it is called Image Resizer. You can download this Image Resizer s/w and resize the image to 1024 approx. and save as JPEG format it will reduce the size considerably and will be easy to post here.

If it is not the yellow Ford, then it may be other Ford I don't know, please post the pictures after reducing the size.

Fords were very popular and seen in Hyd before, but now gone, eager to see your Ford.
vintagepoint5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 15:43   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,111
Thanked: 3,463 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagepoint5 View Post
Hi Silverwood,
To solve the problem of uploading 1MB size picture. there were lot of free software available on internet and one thread on Team-bhp also gives details of how to upload such images, available it is called Image Resizer. You can download this Image Resizer s/w and resize the image to 1024 approx. and save as JPEG format it will reduce the size considerably and will be easy to post here.

If it is not the yellow Ford, then it may be other Ford I don't know, please post the pictures after reducing the size.

Fords were very popular and seen in Hyd before, but now gone, eager to see your Ford.
Thanks for your reply.
The pics are posted for your comments.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 15:54   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,936
Thanked: 366 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagepoint5 View Post
Hi Silverwood,
To solve the problem of uploading 1MB size picture. there were lot of free software available on internet and one thread on Team-bhp also gives details of how to upload such images, available it is called Image Resizer. You can download this Image Resizer s/w and resize the image to 1024 approx. and save as JPEG format it will reduce the size considerably and will be easy to post here.

If it is not the yellow Ford, then it may be other Ford I don't know, please post the pictures after reducing the size.

Fords were very popular and seen in Hyd before, but now gone, eager to see your Ford.
Apparently the Ford he was speaking of is not actually from Hyderabad.

I too was wondering how I never came to know of a Ford in Hyderabad lying in a garage for 35 years. There were maybe two or three cars like the Salar Jung Merc in Hyderabad that I didn't know about.

SILVERWOOD.

Your friend is indeed fortunate to have laid his hands on this car. It is a standard roadster and by far a more collectable car thna any regular four door tourer. Looks in a pretty good shape too, definitely going to be fun to restore.

My grand uncle had an identical car that is now in Pune, there are some pics of it on this forum somewhere.

Where did you get teh tires from ? What about the rims are they also there as these are not the correct ones.

Please do post some pics of the engine bay, rear and interior of the car too.

Vintagepoint5

This yellow Ford you are talking about, do tell more about it. Is it the same one posted by norton4ever ?

Last edited by wasif : 4th May 2010 at 15:56.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 16:03   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,111
Thanked: 3,463 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Apparently the Ford he was speaking of is not actually from Hyderabad.

I too was wondering how I never came to know of a Ford in Hyderabad lying in a garage for 35 years. There were maybe two or three cars like the Salar Jung Merc in Hyderabad that I didn't know about.

SILVERWOOD.

Your friend is indeed fortunate to have laid his hands on this car. It is a standard roadster and by far a more collectable car thna any regular four door tourer. Looks in a pretty good shape too, definitely going to be fun to restore.

My grand uncle had an identical car that is now in Pune, there are some pics of it on this forum somewhere.

Where did you get teh tires from ? What about the rims are they also there as these are not the correct ones.

Please do post some pics of the engine bay, rear and interior of the car too.

Vintagepoint5

This yellow Ford you are talking about, do tell more about it. Is it the same one posted by norton4ever ?
Thanks Wasif for your comments.
I will ask my friend to take pics from the engine bay and interiors.
He has also procured many parts from US,Will ask him to scan the invoice copy and take pics of all the parts he has purchased.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 16:13   #15
BHPian
 
vintagepoint5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jeddah/Hyd
Posts: 411
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Wasif bhai, may be you know it, yellow Ford, according to unconfirmed source I heard came from some respectable families whose house was near Mahavir hospital area, Masab tank, they were migrating to USA, so they sold this Ford and another car?. Yellow Ford was purchased by one Mr. Yousef, I know him, then he tried to sale to somebody from Bombay and that deal did not work it return back. Yellow Ford bigger than this roadstar model.

Another very interesting Ford seen my younger brother that belongs to
Zainiyar jung offered for 8 Lakhs, we offer 6.5 Lakhs, next time we went it is learned it was already sold. It was in brown colour, open top big size well maintained car.
vintagepoint5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Morris Minor 1930 OHC Tourer (Winner of the Best Restored Vintage car award) KartikeyaL Pre-War 52 28th December 2016 12:39
Restoration of a 1930 Chevrolet Phaeton Ravi Kapur Pre-War 6 28th August 2016 21:03
The Wolseley Messenger and the Wolseley Bombay depot 1930 sayer Introduce yourself 19 29th November 2012 18:54
1930+/- Buick 7 passenger Restoration - Calcutta john a milne Pre-War 59 7th August 2012 08:05
Wanted Morris Tourer 1930 abhishek_bmw Pre-War 22 27th July 2009 22:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks