Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2010, 14:05   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dharwad
Posts: 68
Thanked: 7 Times
Post A Grounds up job...restoring a rundown pre-war Morris

Hey Guys, A Little Help Required Here... Need To Retore This From The Grounds Up.... (Literally LOL!!)

Some Help In Sourcing the required Parts....??(( Or The Car????))
Attached Thumbnails
A Grounds up job...restoring a rundown pre-war Morris-07112010.jpg  

A Grounds up job...restoring a rundown pre-war Morris-07112010_001.jpg  

A Grounds up job...restoring a rundown pre-war Morris-07112010_002.jpg  

A Grounds up job...restoring a rundown pre-war Morris-07112010_003.jpg  

A Grounds up job...restoring a rundown pre-war Morris-07112010_007.jpg  

A Grounds up job...restoring a rundown pre-war Morris-07112010_009.jpg  

A Grounds up job...restoring a rundown pre-war Morris-07112010_010.jpg  

A Grounds up job...restoring a rundown pre-war Morris-07112010_011.jpg  


Last edited by v12 : 8th November 2010 at 10:51.
Micki9559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 14:52   #2
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default

Wow.

All i can say is "ALL THE BEST"

Looks like a herculean task, i got my Beetle in the same shape

You must have enough money and patience to restore this car . Do keep us posted
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 14:55   #3
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Greater Bangalore
Posts: 421
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Are you serious of this restoration?

What are those pics of motherboard for? Computerized restoration?
EARTHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 18:04   #4
BHPian
 
vintagepoint5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jeddah/Hyd
Posts: 411
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Wow, it is not easy task, time, money and patience. BTW which car is this Morris 8 pre-38 or Ford Y also have similar front design. Where is the engine, gear ? do you have it or need to source it.

Good luck!
vintagepoint5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 18:13   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dharwad
Posts: 68
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Engine and Gearbox are very much there, and in great shape. Documents are also There.
Just a case of Gross neglect on the owner's part. It's a Pre-War Morris.
@ The mobo pics?? i dunno how they got there???
Micki9559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 18:18   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dharwad
Posts: 68
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

@ mods? Please remove the Irrelevant Pics from the thread.
Micki9559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 09:38   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,936
Thanked: 366 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micki9559 View Post
Engine and Gearbox are very much there, and in great shape. Documents are also There.
Just a case of Gross neglect on the owner's part. It's a Pre-War Morris.
@ The mobo pics?? i dunno how they got there???
Micki.

Withall due respect I woudl suggest you leave that car alone.

Firstly its going to cost a bomb and even then you might not end up with a quality restored car as many small bits would have been lost over time and would not be availabe locally.

It could serve as a donor car for parts if youc an find a similar car that is in a better shape.

Its not that restoring thsi is not possible its just the costs wich will be probably more that twice the value of a fully restored carof similar age.

Think about it before you dive into it.

Alternately I would suggest using the body and chassis to turn it inot a hot rod. Way more cooler and much more fun
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 10:06   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,111
Thanked: 3,463 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Micki.

Withall due respect I woudl suggest you leave that car alone.
+1 on that Wasif bhai.

I think you should drop of the idea of restoring this car and start looking for something better.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 10:54   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dharwad
Posts: 68
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Hey!! Thanx For Your Suggestions!! It's Not My cup of tea Either. But The Owner Insists that He wants it restored. So Plz Help Me out Guys.... PLzzz???
Micki9559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 10:58   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,936
Thanked: 366 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micki9559 View Post
Hey!! Thanx For Your Suggestions!! It's Not My cup of tea Either. But The Owner Insists that He wants it restored. So Plz Help Me out Guys.... PLzzz???
PM Replied to.

Firstly suggest you ask around if anyone has a parts manual and a workshop manual for this car and are willing to share. If not look on Amazon for them and only start once you have all the above and detailed pictures of similar cars to use as reference.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2010, 00:02   #11
BHPian
 
vintageman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 410
Thanked: 560 Times
Default

Hello Micki 9559 ,

With the work involved in restoring this car , you have an interesting and involved restoration project on you hands.

Is the car being restored for sentimental or emotional reasons , if so , it will be wonderful project - to bring the car back to life.

From the photographs posted , the car seems to be missing the following body parts :

- grill
- bonnet
- roof
- mudguards
- floor
- bumbers
- seats
- trims , handles , frames

Understand the "Engine and Gearbox are very much there, and in great shape" , are these from a donor car ? because from the condition of the car it does not seem likely that the engine would be functional.

Does the engine have all the peripherals :

- radiator
- starter motor
- dynamo
- fuel pump
- shaft & couplings
- carbeurator
- distributor
- pulleys
- mountings

Has the engine been checked to ensure all internal parts - crankshaft , camshaft , guides , tappets , valves , connecting rods , seals , bearings , pistons etc are available inside the engine and the head / block is without damage ?

Further to above you will require the seats before upholstery work is undertaken.

Are you doing the restoration yourself or are you outsourcing to a garage
There should be reasonably priced Morris 8 available , which would cost less than the price of restoring this car ?

But if there are sentiments attached to this car , please go ahead with the project , it is doable and it will end on a most satisfying note.

Regards
vintageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2010, 00:29   #12
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dharwad
Posts: 68
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
Hello Micki 9559 ,

With the work involved in restoring this car , you have an interesting and involved restoration project on you hands.

Is the car being restored for sentimental or emotional reasons , if so , it will be wonderful project - to bring the car back to life.

From the photographs posted , the car seems to be missing the following body parts :

- grill
- bonnet
- roof
- mudguards
- floor
- bumbers
- seats
- trims , handles , frames

Understand the "Engine and Gearbox are very much there, and in great shape" , are these from a donor car ? because from the condition of the car it does not seem likely that the engine would be functional.

Does the engine have all the peripherals :

- radiator
- starter motor
- dynamo
- fuel pump
- shaft & couplings
- carbeurator
- distributor
- pulleys
- mountings

Has the engine been checked to ensure all internal parts - crankshaft , camshaft , guides , tappets , valves , connecting rods , seals , bearings , pistons etc are available inside the engine and the head / block is without damage ?

Further to above you will require the seats before upholstery work is undertaken.

Are you doing the restoration yourself or are you outsourcing to a garage
There should be reasonably priced Morris 8 available , which would cost less than the price of restoring this car ?

But if there are sentiments attached to this car , please go ahead with the project , it is doable and it will end on a most satisfying note.

Regards
Hi vintageman!!!

I really do Appreciate your Help here.... let me give you the facts first.
The engine and gearbox had been removed from the car so they are in great shape as they had been stored inside a warehouse. will try to upload some pics soon.... and yes, i do need to source the rest of the parts that you mentioned. i'm getting it restored under my personal supervision from a well known garage in my town. so any other help regarding the parts and where i could source them from would be great!!!

And to answer your question, ya the car has some sentimental reasons to be resurrected from the current state.
Micki9559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Restoring Morris Minor 4x4forever Post-War 13 1st July 2011 23:43
Portion of Palace Grounds might be sold! speed kills Shifting gears 16 16th December 2008 23:44
Restoring a Morris khanak Technical Stuff 11 11th June 2008 16:13
Iron Maiden @ Bangalore Palace Grounds, March 17th zaphod Shifting gears 50 21st March 2007 16:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks