Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment > Product Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2009, 16:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

No way! Even Retailers don't make 30%.
Sam's here.

Last edited by nitrous : 18th March 2009 at 16:07.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18th March 2009, 16:04   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
I too heard about 30% offer from JBL. is it true?
There is no official offer on any items from JBL. In fact I think a flat 30% off on MRP is difficult for any dealer. Certain discounted items may indicate a sell-out.

Due to competition, people do sell official products with heavy discounts.

Warranty cards are changing soon. Look for 2 non replicable Holograms on the boxes.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 03:26   #18
BHPian

Sam,

Are you sure, i should avoid this: TechEnclave
ibm_jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 11:51   #19
BHPian

Waiting for Sam's reply!
Old 19th March 2009, 12:01   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sam,

Are you sure, i should avoid this: TechEnclave
Quote:
Waiting for Sam's reply!
I cannot see what you have quoted. I am not registered on TechEnclave. Kindly quote or post completely with appropriate credit and I will reply happily.
Old 19th March 2009, 12:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

a member at techenclave is selling jbl products he is offering 30% discount on mrp

Last edited by karankapoor : 19th March 2009 at 12:14.
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 12:14   #22
BHPian

Quote:
JBl car audio products flat 31% off on mrp.

if i am able to give my dealer more then 10 orders then he told he will give more discount .
Quote:
FYI-see the warranty card is allways stamped first of distributor from where the dealer buys ,when he stamps it,its more then enough.
Quote:
in mumbai also there are so many dealers i know they tell me when anything wrongs goes then i will issue a warranty card and then u will get replacement. in short its all about trust to be honest .
HERE IS THE PRICE Details of the JBL products after discount.

Name:  Outlook.jpg
Views: 7135
Size:  136.9 KB
Old 19th March 2009, 12:30   #23
BHPian

regarding the legitimacy of the warranty card, one could check on the website of JBL.

India JBL.

If the registration goes through, then one need not worry.

UM
UniqueMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 12:39   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

OK - I have to get a little official with my reply:

At this point, with the current incredible demand for JBL, various distributors and dealers stock these in large quantities.
It is a high movement trade item and therefore is normal to have a lower MOP (Market operating price) than the MRP, which is actually the MSRP. The "S" stands for suggested.

It is normal in India. New , high-end and exclusive products are pushed out at prices much higher than they're supposed to be sold at.
It is rare to find JBL Power Series and GTi series being offered in the same manner.

What most people here do not realise is that JBL has 4 series, not 2. However JBL Power and GTi are (comparatively) lower trade items while GTO and GT5 are currently amongst the highest sold car speakers in India across all brands and categories.

When the MOP is higher than the MRP, I have cause to be concerned, because my company's job is to make sure that the customer is never cheated. Selling at a lower price than suggested and making wafer-thin margins is the distributor/delaers prerogative and perhaps a market requirement.

As far as the warranty is concerned, I do understand that your "special" relationship with the dealer may lead you to believe that the warranty is well taken care of, even in the case of a cash/non warranty/grey purchase. This is something I'd advise against. The dealer will say such things to complete the sale. I would advise you to use your own educated mind and discretion before you make that choice.
Just think for a minute. In India, is it easy to get a replacement for an item bought without any paperwork? When your mind gives you the answer to that question, it will be the right one.

All that said:

I see no reason to stay away from those prices quoted at Techenclave if you're able to buy it at that price. Even I'd be tempted to buy it, lol.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 19th March 2009 at 12:45.
Old 19th March 2009, 13:32   #25
BHPian

I'm quite shocked at the price of the GTO14001 amp, when i left the UK back in September last year this amp was 179, with current exchange rates that equates to less the RS13000 and these products are not considered cheap in the UK, this would still work out much cheaper to ship from abroad and pay your import duty. I almost picked one of these up, but couldn't find any feed back/reviews on the amp, went in for DLS A6 instead.
stefanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 14:39   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
I'm quite shocked at the price of the GTO14001 amp, when i left the UK back in September last year this amp was 179, with current exchange rates that equates to less the RS13000 and these products are not considered cheap in the UK, this would still work out much cheaper to ship from abroad and pay your import duty. I almost picked one of these up, but couldn't find any feed back/reviews on the amp, went in for DLS A6 instead.
Well, mostly JBL prices are very competitive in India and retail prices in India are comparable to Dubai , Hong Kong and Singapore, often even cheaper.
But that is for the high-trade items as I mentioned in my previous post.

The GTO14001 does not qualify as that high-trade item.

As far as online retail abroad and official selling here - ah well, GTO14001 at 179 is cheap anywhere in the world. It is a great price.

But then, one can buy a brand new Skoda Octavia for 4lacs in many parts of the world too.

Import Duty (By far the largest chunk of the increase in cost), VAT, Taxes, Transport, Warranty, Showrooms, Dealers, Installs. Everything costs money.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 19th March 2009 at 14:40.
Old 19th March 2009, 19:35   #27
BHPian

That may be true sam. But why don't you consider to provide at least 3 years warranty on the JBL Amplifiers. Even a China site provides 1 year warranty for almost all the products they are selling in their site. If this site believes China manufacture's work, why don't you trust your JBL products?

See the prices I have posted for GTO 504 is only 200 Rupees more than the price of Grey market. But I just think myself to waste 200 rupees for this one year warranty (It may be because I am the stupid who repaired a GTO75.4 amp myself and it cost me only 100 rupees)

Because 99% of the electronics products in my home never failed in the 1 year time. But personally I never pay 30-40% more for a product for 1 year warranty. Even it it fails it never cost you 30-40% of the product price, Am I right?

Again i know I am wrong, but why I am telling this stupid stories, because IS IT POSSIBLE TO INCREASE THE WARRANTY PERIOD of the JBL products, at least the amplifiers?

Then i will be the first to buy with bill. I am sorry if this post hurts you, sam.

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 19th March 2009 at 19:48.
Old 20th March 2009, 01:42   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Again i know I am wrong, but why I am telling this stupid stories, because IS IT POSSIBLE TO INCREASE THE WARRANTY PERIOD of the JBL products, at least the amplifiers?

Then i will be the first to buy with bill. I am sorry if this post hurts you, sam.
No, why would your post hurt me? It is a good suggestion.

Unfortunately it is also a difficult situation. JBL home products often comes with warranties of 3 and 5 years. But these are installed in controlled conditions and there are only so many ways to install a home amplifier or speaker.
However in a car, the performance is depending on the installation and connection. A good car amplifier can get destroyed in a few weeks/days/hours if installed badly or incorrectly.
In most cases the car amplifier fails because of incorrect installation/cabling/tuning and not because of a manufacturing defect.
Unfortunately most car amplifiers are fitted by untrained grease monkeys around India. Nobody can remedy that situation.

We can only increase this warranty when we have control over how every piece is installed in the car.

Till then we will have to be satisfied with one year. I hope I have explained our situation somewhat.

I still accept your suggestion as good consumer feedback.
Old 20th March 2009, 01:53   #29
BHPian

I agree with you and understand the reason. But I am sure, you will get atleast 20-40% more customers if you increased the warrant period. We are all JBL lovers, but buying from Grey market because of the price deference.
Old 20th March 2009, 01:57   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We are all JBL lovers, but buying from Grey market because of the price deference.
You can be a JBL lover regardless of how you purchase the item and from where.