Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2014, 08:28   #15436
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Took a picture of this car on Friday night. It's on display at Cyber Hub. It looked like a Mercedes E Class(W124) to me. It's part of a don't drink and drive campaign by an alcohol beverage company which has its office in Cyber City.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20140523_231344.jpg
Old 25th May 2014, 08:50   #15437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Took a picture of this car on Friday night. It's on display at Cyber Hub. It looked like a Mercedes E Class(W124) to me. It's part of a don't drink and drive campaign by an alcohol beverage company which has its office in Cyber City.

Attachment 1243777
The front grill indicates that it is a Volvo from the early 90s, most likely a Volvo 740/940.

Last edited by zenren : 25th May 2014 at 08:52.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 14:26   #15438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
East coast road is one of the dangerous toll highway I have ever been, I seriously hope the state govt. fastens the process of widening the roads and building a median.
It is the driving that needs to be corrected, not the roads.

Sorry to be blunt, but "better," faster roads will just lead to faster driving and more accidents.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 18:12   #15439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
East coast road is one of the dangerous toll highway I have ever been, I seriously hope the state govt. fastens the process of widening the roads and building a median.

May those souls rest in peace.
No matter how much you widen the roads, install signals at crossroads, install speed breakers at important junctions till such time people follow simple driving ethics, accidents will happen for sure.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 19:02   #15440
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Suranjan Das Road, Bangalore. Don't know how the Amaze ended up just a wee bit off the road (both left side tyres in the air!), was he backing up ?
This road is being widened since 2011 and in some places the level difference is about 2 feet!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-hondaamaze.jpg
Old 25th May 2014, 19:16   #15441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Suranjan Das Road, Bangalore. Don't know how the Amaze ended up just a wee bit off the road (both left side tyres in the air!), was he backing up ?
This road is being widened since 2011 and in some places the level difference is about 2 feet!

Attachment 1243922
Are you sure it is an Amaze?. From the rear looks like a Honda City to me instead
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 19:39   #15442
BHPian

Quote:
Don't know how the Amaze ended up just a wee bit off the road, was he backing up ?This road is being widened since 2011 and in some places the level difference is about 2 feet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Are you sure it is an Amaze?. From the rear looks like a Honda City to me instead
It is a 4th generation city indeed! I reckon that would've scraped the underbody real bad. Seems like he got off the road at low speeds, otherwise it would've been a worse scenario.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 23:05   #15443
BHPian

Quote:
The city might have its oil sump damaged by hitting the road edge. Otherwise he would have driven off with some help.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th May 2014 at 11:54. Reason: Fixing broken quote tag. Thanks.
Old 26th May 2014, 01:30   #15444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It is the driving that needs to be corrected, not the roads.

Sorry to be blunt, but "better," faster roads will just lead to faster driving and more accidents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
No matter how much you widen the roads, install signals at crossroads, install speed breakers at important junctions till such time people follow simple driving ethics, accidents will happen for sure.
I completely agree with both your views, that more than the hardware change on road, we need a software change wrt to driving attitude. Everyone seems to be in a mad rush to some place day/night, even if they are supposed to be on a driving vacation. Case in point, number of accident that happen in my town involving out of town rental vans/buses visiting the Sripuram golden temple.

However, I emphasise that safer roads do play major roll in bringing down the fatalities heavily along with decent road sense and safety awareness. A friend in a Chevy Optra had a tyre burst in ECR, he seemed to have made the mistake of slamming on the brakes as a reflex, the car spun out of control went into the wrong lane and hit a tree on the other side of the road. Luckily no oncoming traffic at the time, no major injuries to anyone. In a worst case scenario, even for the most safe driver, wider road and a median could be the difference between life and death.
delta5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 08:42   #15445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1243922
It's the new city. Looks like the new driver was trying to park on the extreme left when the wheels slipped on the edges

Sent from my mobile phone , please excuse typos
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 09:05   #15446
Team-BHP Support

Spotted this at the twin hairpin bends at Mannarkad yesterday around 3:30 PM.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-wp_20140525_15_45_20_pro.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-wp_20140525_15_45_34_pro.jpg

It looks like the Alto was at fault since the KSRTC bus had already begun taking the turn and was turning a hard left when the Alto decided to squeeze between the gap and ended up banging the bus. The passengers on the bus were still onboard except for a few.

They are widening this road btw. It's a W.I.P.
Old 26th May 2014, 09:18   #15447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
It looks like the Alto was at fault since the KSRTC bus had already begun taking the turn and was turning a hard left when the Alto decided to squeeze between the gap and ended up banging the bus.
Alto wanted to do a 'French Cut' (cut inside a turning vehicle) but failed. During these hair pins bends, don't go near any vehicle making the turn, let alone going near a bus.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 09:21   #15448
BHPian

Yesterday we had first showers of this season. Result :

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pile-up.jpg

Looks like the 407 couldn't brake in time and caused the pile up. Not sure though !!

Pic Courtesy : Supercar Club Kolkata.
PapaBravo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 10:47   #15449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Yesterday we had first showers of this season. Result :

Looks like the 407 couldn't brake in time and caused the pile up. Not sure though !!

Pic Courtesy : Supercar Club Kolkata.
Poor little Beat has taken a bad hit compared to the other two vehicles. Seems like its really run under the amby, owner can expect quite a bit of engine damage too.
Old 27th May 2014, 10:51   #15450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Poor little Beat has taken a bad hit compared to the other two vehicles. Seems like its really run under the amby, owner can expect quite a bit of engine damage too.
+1. Also hope you have not missed the Swift on the right which has turned turtle.
PapaBravo is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks