Team-BHP - Skoda Introduces ‘If You Drink, We Drive’ Campaign
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Road Safety (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/)
-   -   Skoda Introduces ‘If You Drink, We Drive’ Campaign (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-safety/119848-skoda-introduces-if-you-drink-we-drive-campaign.html)

A nice initiative from Skoda to create the awareness :thumbs up

Quote:

Skoda India has introduced – ‘If You Drink, We Drive’, a value added service program exclusively for its customers in Mumbai! Now that’s the first potentially exciting safety campaign we’ve heard in ages!

Skoda says that it will provide chauffeur services to its esteemed customers in Mumbai. This initiative is aimed towards raising awareness about ‘safe and responsible’ driving. An exclusive chauffeur service for a drop at home will be extended to Skoda owners enjoying matches in clubs and restaurants located anywhere in the city.

However, this service is applicable only to those customers who will be driving to the venues in their Skoda cars. Followed by a stringent verification process, a Chauffeur will be made available for the customer.

Commenting on this initiative, Mr. Kamal Basu, Head – Marketing, Skoda Auto India said, “Safety is one of our core philosophies; spreading awareness about safe driving has been of utmost importance to us. Skoda’s ‘If You Drink, We Drive’ program is an extension of this endeavour to promote safe and responsible driving amongst Skoda owners, without them having to miss out on the fun element of watching the games.” So finally, Mumbaikers won’t have to hold back on their beer mugs when Sachin hits sixes! Cheers guys!
Linky (opens as PDF)

That's rather nice !. However it would be nicer if Skoda can improve
their A.S.S and keep all Skoda owners happy for ever rather than just happy for an hour.

Good initiative indeed:thumbs up. The above link does not seems to be working (??).

Any idea about the charges for availing this service?

How I wish they could include good customer service and reliability into their core philosophies.

Spike:D

Why only Mumbai i wonder and not Delhi- maybe their customer base in Mumbai is smaller than Delhi and hence logistically easier to roll it out there rather than here?

Even the Cover Image with 'catchy' tagline at the FB page of SkodaIndia is simply superb. Very good piece of 'sense of Humor', I would say. Great initiative, anyways. clap:
Image courtesy- Skoda India's FB profile.

Skoda Introduces ‘If You Drink, We Drive’ Campaign-skoda-picture.jpg

Good move by Skoda :thumbs up! I also read that the campaign will end on 27th May - the same day the 2012 IPL ends.

Good initiative, except that their A.S.S needs more attention than this! We have drink and drive party hard drivers available for a nominal cost of one does decide to drink. (p.s: I'm assuming this is a charged service)

Wonder if VW and Audi will give this service too?

The links and the pic above doesn't seem to work.

Is this service a charged one or free for Skoda customers?

If its charged, then its only an awareness campaign and nothing else, as folks can get drivers outside, at much cheaper rates (i believe than Skoda's). Either way i dont think they would have enough drivers on their roster to support all their customers and hence they would most probably depend on the same Driver providers shops.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karan1981 (Post 2761531)

The links and the pic above doesn't seem to work.

As the pic is 'VISIBLE' by now, hope the message (tagline) by Skoda & the 'humor' behind it is well understood, at least by those who 'really' need the service.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 (Post 2762482)
Is this service a charged one or free for Skoda customers?

Good question. The website clearly mentions "value-added service" which leads me to believe it is a paid service.

Quote:

If its charged, then its only an awareness campaign and nothing else, as folks can get drivers outside, at much cheaper rates (i believe than Skoda's). Either way i dont think they would have enough drivers on their roster to support all their customers and hence they would most probably depend on the same Driver providers shops.
Honestly it just looks like some fresh Marketing MBA's attempt to capitalise on the IPL mania. The scheme is on for just one month when the IPL is on.
Also there is a "stringent verification process" for a person to qualify- what exactly does that mean? I seriously doubt Skoda will say, "Sir you are not inebriated enough- you don't qualify for a ride back".
It doesn't seem to have been thought through enough, in my opinion. And it has the possible risk of trivialising drunk driving if not handled properly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noopster (Post 2762540)
Also there is a "stringent verification process" for a person to qualify- what exactly does that mean? I seriously doubt Skoda will say, "Sir you are not inebriated enough- you don't qualify for a ride back".
It doesn't seem to have been thought through enough, in my opinion. And it has the possible risk of trivialising drunk driving if not handled properly.

Do they mean the stringent process to select drivers?

Hello,

The cost of the service is not mentioned. But I am sure that it would be not free, infact there would be premium charges attached to it.

Also the offer is only till 27th May (last day of IPL) it seems more to be a marketing gimmick.

While the advertisement (offer) is very fresh & innovative thinking & will generate some goodwill for the company, the fact remains, why are such initiatives required?

Why can't Car Owners be responsible enough & not drive their Cars to such venues? or Why should a person who has consumed Alcohol chose to drive the Car back home or why should others in his Car not forcefully oppose him driving?

Thanks,

Quote:

Originally Posted by noopster (Post 2762540)
Honestly it just looks like some fresh Marketing MBA's attempt to capitalise on the IPL mania. The scheme is on for just one month when the IPL is on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jignesh (Post 2762553)
Also the offer is only till 27th May (last day of IPL) it seems more to be a marketing gimmick.

My question was the same, whats the USP? other than the feel good factor, and promoting safe driving i fail to see any. Skoda/VW have been riding on the IPL madness for sometime now.

Apart from no USP i see logistical problems in executing this safely and quiet a few dissatisfied customers for no fault of Skoda (It aint easy to get drivers at short notice these days), apart from this who is going to take grantee of the driver?

Hoping IPL passes by without any new Skoda horror story :).

Well we do have a Professional Company called Party Hard Drivers in Mumbai that offers the same service for Rs.500. I'm sure the Skoda 'service' would be more expensive.