Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Road Safety

Old 13th October 2017, 18:57   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Global NCAP crash tests: Ford Figo Aspire scores 3 stars, Chevrolet Enjoy gets zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS View Post
If a non-ABS EBD 2 Airbag trend model can get 3 stars in NCAP rating, I am pretty sure a 6 Airbag ABS EBD version would have gotten 5 stars.

Cheers!
Just plonking in 6 Airbags does not warranty a 5 Star Result.

The car needs to fare well in many other parameters like Child Protection, Pedestrian Protection, Safety Assistance (ESC etc), and most of all a stable body shell.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 19:02   #62
RDS
BHPian

Default Re: Global NCAP crash tests: Ford Figo Aspire scores 3 stars, Chevrolet Enjoy gets zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
That I understand already. I'm talking about the fate of the occupants. The car may get 10 stars. I don't mind.
Just trying to point out that the tests are not a full representation in any way. (To be honest, I'm not really a believer in those at all.)
Well, I studied some accidents online and I found that occupants survived in Aspire - in some very bad crashes. I provided a URL in an earlier post - the people in car survived when car got crushed between trucks - I am sure the rear truck driver would have applied brakes hard as well!! Please check - https://www.thrustzone.com/ford-aspi...board-survive/

Other accidents -

The car is relatively better than other options in this segment.

PS - I do own one!!
RDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 19:30   #63
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Just plonking in 6 Airbags does not warranty a 5 Star Result.

The car needs to fare well in many other parameters like Child Protection, Pedestrian Protection, Safety Assistance (ESC etc), and most of all a stable body shell.
Agreed sir!! That was an over-enthusiastic response that I corrected in my next post with some links and explanation!!
RDS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote