Go Back   Team-BHP > Team-BHP > Road Safety

Old 15th February 2018, 22:33   #1
BHPian

Default Fatal go-karting accident: Woman's hair gets tangled in the wheel

In a horrifying accident at an amusement park in Haryana, a woman died on Wednesday after her hair got tangled in the wheels of a go-kart and her scalp was ripped off.

Puneet Kaur, 28, had gone to the park in Pinjore with her husband Amardeep Singh, two-year-old son and a few other relatives.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/woma...-lateststories

Sad incident.
This is what happens when you allow untrained, careless people manage any form of motorsports.
Though this accident is freakish, it highlights the reason why there are so many precautions to be followed whether on track or on the road.
ANd because of this, MSM shall start clamouring for a ban on all forms of motorsports.

Last edited by Alfresco : 15th February 2018 at 22:35. Reason: Extract not given
Alfresco is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 18:17   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Fatal go-karting accident: Woman's hair gets tangled in the wheel

God bless the poor lady's soul. And I can't even imagine what her family must be going through. A holiday turned into a nightmare. Also a reminder to all of us that 'road safety' doesn't mean public roads only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
This is what happens when you allow untrained, careless people manage any form of motorsports.
I wouldn't be so quick to blame the track owner or manager. The lady's hair was wrapped in a bun and she was wearing a helmet as well. I guess just a case of awful luck.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 18:36   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Fatal go-karting accident: Woman's hair gets tangled in the wheel

God bless the family with the strength to cope with this horrible tragedy.

Reading about this incident brings to mind something like this that had happened with a senior of mine in school at the exact same place ( some 7-8 years ago).

Even at that time she had tied her hair and had even worn a shower cap kind of thing to protect her hair and also worn a helmet on top of that. In spite that, her hair got stuck in the motor and pulled her neck backwards.

Fortunately, somehow the kart stopped or maybe she had the presence of mind to apply brakes or her speed was slower. Whatever happened she was a very lucky person that day and our teachers had to cut her hair to free her neck.

I am quite sure there must have been multiple such incidents, not fatal, which have not been reported that might have happened at this place.

Maybe they need to look at the safety precautions being followed there?
akhil994 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote