Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 6th May 2011, 12:06   #1
BHPian

Default Bangalore: Quickest exit to NH48 from BTM

haven't driven much in Bangalore city and am not very familiar with areas west and north of Majestic.

I will be driving from Bangalore to Mangalore this evening and would like to know the best escape route from BTM Jayadeva junction to NH48 amid the Friday evening traffic.

Yes I know that there's no beating the madness in peak hours, still...

Thanks
Jay
pjay_in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 12:38   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore: Quickest exit to NH48 from BTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post

I will be driving from Bangalore to Mangalore this evening and would like to know the best escape route from BTM Jayadeva junction to NH48 amid the Friday evening traffic.
This is what I propose:

At Jayadeva flyover, proceed towards Bannerghatta National Park and get on to NICE road. Once on NICE road you can either take Magadi road exit, go via Magadi town (need to bear 5-6 kms of bad road) and join NH48 at Kunigal. This is the easiest and fastest for the ones in South Bangalore.

Alternatively, you can proceed on NICE beyond Magadi road and exit at Tumkur Road exit (NH4). Proceed on NH4 and take left at NH4 and NH48 junction. The advantage of this road is that its a 4-lane road all the way till you hit NH48.

RamP!
prasad14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 13:13   #3
Team-BHP Support

Yeah, exactly what prasad recommended above -- either one should be fine.

Here is a map -- from nelmangala side.
Bangalore: Quickest exit to NH48 from BTM-maps.jpg
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 14:05   #4
BHPian

Please take a NICE road from Tumkur road to Bannerghatt Road. It is non-stop drive untill Bannerghatt road, at the ext from NICE road, take left on Bannerghatt road, you should be at Jaydeva hospital circle in 20 minutes.

Here is the Google Map link for the same.

National Highway 4 to Bannerghatta Rd - Google Maps

It is fastest and trouble free drive, except huge toll and the distance.
manjubp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 14:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

Drive straight to NICE road via Bannerghata .If its late in the evening ,I would take the Nelamangala exit to NH48 .
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 15:09   #6
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys! NICE road all the way to NH4 seems to be the best option. I was completely unaware of the NICE road connectivity beyond Mysore road.

Hope the exits are marked properly.

Thanks again for those quick replies.
pjay_in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 16:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
Thanks a lot guys! NICE road all the way to NH4 seems to be the best option. I was completely unaware of the NICE road connectivity beyond Mysore road.

Hope the exits are marked properly.

Thanks again for those quick replies.
Exits are marked well. If travelling on Magadi road to join Kunigal, expect traffic - specially two wheelers and buses - till Magadi which will slow you down being a double lane with no median. I would recommend you to take NICE till Nelamangala - go on the toll road after you exit NICE road and dont enter service road - and drive on the four lane road of NH 48.
Fauji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 12:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
I would recommend you to take NICE till Nelamangala - go on the toll road after you exit NICE road and dont enter service road - and drive on the four lane road of NH 48.
To add to this, I actually got confused during the exit of NICE road. There is a second toll gate after you exit NICE road, which I mistook for a checkpost of commercial vehicles (After seeing a queue of trucks there). Proceed through this toll gate and take the 4 lane main highway. If you stick left and take the service road, you would be doing 8-10km battling with speed breakers once in every 50 mtrs, until you reach the NH48 turning (while other vehicles speed past you)
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 09:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
To add to this, I actually got confused during the exit of NICE road. There is a second toll gate after you exit NICE road, which I mistook for a checkpost of commercial vehicles (After seeing a queue of trucks there). Proceed through this toll gate and take the 4 lane main highway. If you stick left and take the service road, you would be doing 8-10km battling with speed breakers once in every 50 mtrs, until you reach the NH48 turning (while other vehicles speed past you)
Sad to hear that you lost time battling these trukkies. they want to have Rs 15 and go on service road. A signage at the junction will do good.

The other day, my friend missed the turning onto NICE road while coming back from Hubli and poor guy had to drive through the mess in Peenya - there are no U turns also on the sterctch - and waste time. To top it all, he stays in JP Nagar!!
Fauji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 13:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
The other day, my friend missed the turning onto NICE road while coming back from Hubli and poor guy had to drive through the mess in Peenya - there are no U turns also on the sterctch - and waste time.
I totally agree, the NICE road entrance on the way back to Bangalore is not marked properly, could it be because the govt. highway authorities don't want people to use NICE road? They (govt and NICE) somehow always seem to be at loggerheads with each other.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote