Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2012, 20:12   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Thirukadaiyur Route Query..

Hi

Am planning to drive to Thirukadaiyur from Bangalore next Saturday. Which would be the best route to take?

Thanks in advance!

- Ganesh
ganeshram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2012, 21:13   #17
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,612
Thanked: 8,607 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Thirukadaiyur Route Query..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshram View Post
Am planning to drive to Thirukadaiyur from Bangalore next Saturday. Which would be the best route to take?
The best option is :

Bangalore-Salem-Attur-Ulundurpet bypass - Vridhachalam-Sethiarthope-Chidambaram-Sirkazi-Thirukadaiyur

Route via Salem-Vridhachalam

If you also note that there is a straight road from Talaivasal to Vridhachalam which bypasses Ulundurpet and cuts through the GQ (Chennai-Trichy).
I dont know the status of this section.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 19:52   #18
BHPian
 
maheshramaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore or Bengaluru!!
Posts: 277
Thanked: 151 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Thirukadaiyur Route Query..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The best option is :

Bangalore-Salem-Attur-Ulundurpet bypass - Vridhachalam-Sethiarthope-Chidambaram-Sirkazi-Thirukadaiyur

Route via Salem-Vridhachalam

If you also note that there is a straight road from Talaivasal to Vridhachalam which bypasses Ulundurpet and cuts through the GQ (Chennai-Trichy).
I dont know the status of this section.
How does this route look like. Bangalore - Salem - Attur - Sethiathoppu - Chidambaram - Sirkazhi - Thirukadaiyur?

Distance is around 420 kms and goes from Attur to Sethiathoppu without going towards kallakurichi & ulundurpet.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=K...t=w&mra=ls&z=9, http://goo.gl/maps/NE1vR
maheshramaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 20:18   #19
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,612
Thanked: 8,607 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Thirukadaiyur Route Query..

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
How does this route look like. Bangalore - Salem - Attur - Sethiathoppu - Chidambaram - Sirkazhi - Thirukadaiyur?
Distance is around 420 kms and goes from Attur to Sethiathoppu without going towards kallakurichi & ulundurpet.
You dont gain much. There is an extra distance of 40km on the 4-lane as against the 2-lane. But the speed on 4-lane is well maintained.
Also Kallakurichi and Ulundurpet bypasses are in place. So you dont get need to get into these towns. So as such I would still vote for the 4-lane.

Last edited by ampere : 11th February 2013 at 20:24.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 08:36   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 84
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Thirukadaiyur Route Query..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You dont gain much. There is an extra distance of 40km on the 4-lane as against the 2-lane. But the speed on 4-lane is well maintained.
Also Kallakurichi and Ulundurpet bypasses are in place. So you dont get need to get into these towns. So as such I would still vote for the 4-lane.
I am planning a trip from Bangalore to Mayavaram. Would anyone be able to comment on the road conditions and the best route. I believe Krishnagiri, TVm road is as bad as ever. Also i am keen on visiting the Srirangam temple on Friday. If it turns out to be too crowded on friday and the detour is too much, i could well avoid Trichy. Advance thanks
Shiwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 10:24   #21
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,612
Thanked: 8,607 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Thirukadaiyur Route Query..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwik View Post
I am planning a trip from Bangalore to Mayavaram. Would anyone be able to comment on the road conditions and the best route. I believe Krishnagiri, TVm road is as bad as ever. Also i am keen on visiting the Srirangam temple on Friday. If it turns out to be too crowded on friday and the detour is too much, i could well avoid Trichy. Advance thanks
Bangalore-Salem-Attur-Vridhachalam-Chidambaram-Sirkazhi-Chidambaram-Mayavaram.


That should avoid Trichy as well.

Route Link
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 13:03   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 84
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Thirukadaiyur Route Query..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Bangalore-Salem-Attur-Vridhachalam-Chidambaram-Sirkazhi-Chidambaram-Mayavaram.


That should avoid Trichy as well.

Route Link
I took the route mentioned above on my way back. The journey till Vriddhachalam was good and by-passed all towns on teh way. However as we left vriddhachalam, we were stuck in a traffic jam which the local buses drivers claimed would take time to clear and was typical. One of them suggested i drive to ulundurpettai and head towards salem. Road from Vriddhachalam to Ulundurpetai was good. However the road from there to Salem was simply superb. It is tolled all the way and you cover this distance quite rapidly. Although this is a 22km detour, i would strongly recommend this route.
Shiwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 13:45   #23
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,612
Thanked: 8,607 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Thirukadaiyur Route Query..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwik View Post
Although this is a 22km detour, i would strongly recommend this route.
Even I support that option. But many had mentioned that the SH has very little traffic. Hence I commented it that way. Else for a 22km 4-lane detour, that would be my pick too !
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 18:24   #24
BHPian
 
Ramp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Thirukadaiyur Route Query..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwik View Post
I took the route mentioned above on my way back. The journey till Vriddhachalam was good and by-passed all towns on teh way. However as we left vriddhachalam, we were stuck in a traffic jam which the local buses drivers claimed would take time to clear and was typical. One of them suggested i drive to ulundurpettai and head towards salem. Road from Vriddhachalam to Ulundurpetai was good. However the road from there to Salem was simply superb. It is tolled all the way and you cover this distance quite rapidly. Although this is a 22km detour, i would strongly recommend this route.

I took this route last week Thursday night. From vridhachalam till joining the 4 lane roads of Selam chennai highway, it is SH and surprisingly less traffic. I was maintaining 100 and road condition before and after Veppur intersection was below average. Except those 10kms everythings else was good.
Ramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 05:24   #25
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Thirukadaiyur Route Query..

Any latest update on route?
venkatesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2014, 09:13   #26
BHPian
 
BulZire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 348
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Thirukadaiyur Route Query..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The best option is :

Bangalore-Salem-Attur-Ulundurpet bypass - Vridhachalam-Sethiarthope-Chidambaram-Sirkazi-Thirukadaiyur
ampere,any current updates on this route ?

I am driving to Thirukadaiyur from Bangalore tommorow morning.
not decided the route yet and checking the options.

Still, Bangalore-Salem-Attur-Ulundurpet bypass - Vridhachalam-Sethiarthope-Chidambaram-Sirkazi-Thirukadaiyur is the best option?
BulZire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2014, 09:21   #27
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,612
Thanked: 8,607 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Thirukadaiyur Route Query..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
ampere,any current updates on this route ?

I am driving to Thirukadaiyur from Bangalore tommorow morning.
not decided the route yet and checking the options.

Still, Bangalore-Salem-Attur-Ulundurpet bypass - Vridhachalam-Sethiarthope-Chidambaram-Sirkazi-Thirukadaiyur is the best option?
I think still its the best possible route. Ulundurpet-Virudhachalam is now a bit rough (as I remember Venki or Polopm mentioning about it). After that till Chidambaram its typical 2-lane SH. Beyond Chidambaram via Srikazhi till Thirukadaiyur its ECR all the way. Good roads, but may have traffic.

Last edited by ampere : 7th February 2014 at 09:41.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2014, 17:01   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 71
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Thirukadaiyur Route Query..

Any recent updates on conditions of these roads. Particularly Trichy to Thirukadaiyur? has anyone been there recently? Is it any better to take NH to Nagapattinam and take ECR to reach Thirukadaiyur than going via kumbakonam, Mayiladuthurai?
Vizay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2014, 17:21   #29
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,612
Thanked: 8,607 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Thirukadaiyur Route Query..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizay View Post
Any recent updates on conditions of these roads. Particularly Trichy to Thirukadaiyur? has anyone been there recently? Is it any better to take NH to Nagapattinam and take ECR to reach Thirukadaiyur than going via kumbakonam, Mayiladuthurai?
Ideal route would be: Tanjore-Kumbakonam-Mayavaram-Thirukadayur. Be aware that the whole route just has amazing amount of bus and truck traffic. But this is the route you have to take, if you are driving late in the evening. If you are starting early morning from Trichy/Tanjore, I can suggest an alternative:

Tanjore-Needamangalam-Thiruvarur-Peralam-Karaikal bypass - Thirukadaiyur.
- Peralam-Thirunallar is quite rough, broken at many places and bumpy. The rest all is is in perfect state. (route link)
- But traffic is much lesser compared to the other route. (This route also has traffic. Its not like its totally devoid of it)
- Thiruvarur-Peralam road snakes through green fields and is a treat early mornings.
- But this route also has its own bad luck. Needamangalam has no bypass. There are 2-3 railway crossings. If you get stuck it can eat up into your time.

Last edited by ampere : 16th October 2014 at 17:38.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2014, 17:31   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Madras
Posts: 1,128
Thanked: 746 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Thirukadaiyur Route Query..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizay View Post
Trichy to Thirukadaiyur?
I don't think there are many options from Trichy. Maybe from Bangalore you could do Salem-Ulundurpet-Vriddachalam-Sethiathope-Chidambaram-ECR-Thirukadaiyur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Tanjore-Needamangalam-Thiruvarur-Peralam-Karaikal bypass - Thirukadaiyur.
Why go through Peralam at all? The Kumbakonam-Karaikal is perenially in a sad state. Wouldn't Thanjavur-Thiruvarur-Nagapattinam-Karaikal-Thirukadaiyur make sense?
narayans80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
West coast route query Bangalore-mangalore-Kanyakumari-Bangalore hemanth.anand Route / Travel Queries 26 6th December 2014 11:19
Bangalore - Madurai - Kodaikanal - Bangalore (Route Query) dreamdiesel Route / Travel Queries 19 12th September 2014 11:12
Bangalore - Salem route query lsjey Route / Travel Queries 52 10th June 2010 11:11
Bangalore - Chennai route query sreenidhibr Route / Travel Queries 7 27th November 2007 06:14


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks