Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2011, 16:35   #16
BHPian
 
2500cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 677
Thanked: 243 Times
Default Re: Honeymoon drive to Dandeli!!!

In that case choose the places which are good to spend the monsoons. Few places are Coorg and Malnad region
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 17:37   #17
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,936
Thanked: 9,120 Times
Default Re: Honeymoon drive to Dandeli!!!

I would then say, head to Chikmagukur. Splurge on Taj or Serai (Coffee Day resort) and have the best times. You can enjoy the rains as well!
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 18:11   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
Fauji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,469
Thanked: 957 Times
Default Re: Honeymoon drive to Dandeli!!!

I agree with Ampere. Of the two, Taj is value for money.
Fauji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 18:54   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,243
Thanked: 402 Times
Default Re: Honeymoon drive to Dandeli!!!

Another option is Vythiri Resort in Wayanad. They have some lucrative packages for the monsoon season.
cool_dube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 21:54   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
Fauji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,469
Thanked: 957 Times
Default Re: Honeymoon drive to Dandeli!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Another option is Vythiri Resort in Wayanad. They have some lucrative packages for the monsoon season.
Having been to vythri twice - once company courtesy - i dont find it a value for money. Being one of the first resorts in Wayanad helped them and they have an excellent location with a stream flowing through.

Akkiben, if you are looking for total seclusion from the world and want to enjoy the rain look at Fringe Ford. I am not sure they will be operational in Monsoons. If they do, this is the place.

Welcome to Fringe Ford
Fauji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 11:18   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,243
Thanked: 402 Times
Default Re: Honeymoon drive to Dandeli!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
... they have an excellent location with a stream flowing through.
Which is their USP and that is what they charge you for
cool_dube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 11:28   #22
BHPian
 
Akkiben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 134
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Honeymoon drive to Dandeli!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Having been to vythri twice - once company courtesy - i dont find it a value for money. Being one of the first resorts in Wayanad helped them and they have an excellent location with a stream flowing through.

Akkiben, if you are looking for total seclusion from the world and want to enjoy the rain look at Fringe Ford. I am not sure they will be operational in Monsoons. If they do, this is the place.

Welcome to Fringe Ford
I shall take a look at it. Thanks you. So the coast side is an absolute "No-No" ???

I want to avoid Kerala for now. Been there one two many times. but surely sometime down the line.
Any other places you'll could suggest?
Akkiben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 11:58   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
Fauji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,469
Thanked: 957 Times
Default Re: Honeymoon drive to Dandeli!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkiben View Post
I shall take a look at it. Thanks you. So the coast side is an absolute "No-No" ???

I want to avoid Kerala for now. Been there one two many times. but surely sometime down the line.
Any other places you'll could suggest?
Akkiben,

This is the ground reality.

a) the complete west coast and western ghats wil be raining heavily from now till July. If you want to enjoy rains, then these are choices for honeymooon if you can splurge

Coorg - Orange County or Wind flower
Chikmagalur - Taj gateway or Serai
Wayanad - Vythri
Gokarna - Swaswara

You can also look at Goa as an option and you will get some good Monsoon deal in good hotels.

You can look at Ooty and stay in beautiful Destiny Farm Stay near avalanche. The location is fantastic. Food is decent. Quiet place. Ideal for Honeymooners

Destiny - the Farmstay Resort

Another good option in Ooty is Kurumba Village near Coonoor. Good rooms. Decent food and excellent location specailly if you take the rooms on top.

Hotels in Ooty & Coonoor | Resorts in Ooty & Coonoor

b) If you dont wan't to get wet in Rain then you have to head on east coast. Options are

a) Kodai Kanal - Best bet in present season
b) Valparai and surroundings

Other parts on east coast will be pretty hot.
Fauji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 14:45   #24
BHPian
 
Akkiben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 134
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Honeymoon drive to Dandeli!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Akkiben,

This is the ground reality.

a) the complete west coast and western ghats wil be raining heavily from now till July. If you want to enjoy rains, then these are choices for honeymooon if you can splurge

Coorg - Orange County or Wind flower
Chikmagalur - Taj gateway or Serai
Wayanad - Vythri
Gokarna - Swaswara

You can also look at Goa as an option and you will get some good Monsoon deal in good hotels.

You can look at Ooty and stay in beautiful Destiny Farm Stay near avalanche. The location is fantastic. Food is decent. Quiet place. Ideal for Honeymooners

Destiny - the Farmstay Resort

Another good option in Ooty is Kurumba Village near Coonoor. Good rooms. Decent food and excellent location specailly if you take the rooms on top.

Hotels in Ooty & Coonoor | Resorts in Ooty & Coonoor

b) If you dont wan't to get wet in Rain then you have to head on east coast. Options are

a) Kodai Kanal - Best bet in present season
b) Valparai and surroundings

Other parts on east coast will be pretty hot.
Well, in that case i'd go with Kodai :-) have not been there and i guess its not as crowded as Ooty.

So please suggest some nice and reasonable places to stay at and the places to check out.

Thank you.
Akkiben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 15:42   #25
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,936
Thanked: 9,120 Times
Default Re: Honeymoon drive to Dandeli!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkiben View Post
Well, in that case i'd go with Kodai :-) have not been there and i guess its not as crowded as Ooty.

So please suggest some nice and reasonable places to stay at and the places to check out.

Thank you.
It may be much more crowded than Ooty! Because if there are landslides on the Ooty road and if Ooty is cut-off, Kodai would be full.

But yes this is on speculation that Ooty get landslides (But its not unheard off).
My take is go to foot hills where you can enjoy the hills and rain as well but also you get a great hotel. CKM comes first in my mind because of the above reasons.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 10:13   #26
BHPian
 
Akkiben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 134
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Honeymoon drive to Dandeli!!!

I've decided to drive to Kodai.

As per HVkumar's suggestion on a previous thread, this is the route suggested:-


Bangalore-Dharmapuri 150 kms-Toppur 26 (turn off NH7, right)-Mettur 35-Bhavani 47 (Join NH47, turn right towards Coimbatore)-Perunthurai 25 (turn off NH47, straight, right goes to Coimbatore, left to Erode)-Chennimalai 12-Gangeyam 21 (join Coimbatore-Trichy road, bisect and take Dharapuram road)-Dharapuram 36 (bypass town,go straight, right goes to Udumalaipet)-Palani 38-Kodai 65,
totalling to 455 kms

Departure:-
I plan to leave B'lore as the first rays of daylight break :-) I stay at Arekere, behind I.I.M.B Banerghatta road.
I'll take the Hosur road.

Place of Stay:-
Please advise where to take up a Room or call in advance and book at Kodai.

Awaiting all your responses!!!

Btw, tomorrow is my Marriage :-) 11a.m at St.Marks Cathedral, M.G road. All those who can make it there, would be an honor to have your presence!!!
Akkiben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 10:46   #27
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,936
Thanked: 9,120 Times
Default Re: Honeymoon drive to Dandeli!!!

And here you are posting at this eleventh hour!

By the way for Kodai, follow NH7 (GQ) all the way till Dindigul. Take the NH45 at Dindugul (Theni exit) to Batlagundu and climb the ghats. The Mettur/Bhavani/Palani was an option, when GQ was not complete.

Bengaluru, Karnataka to Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu - Google Maps

This one is fast fatigue free and 4L all way the till Dindugul.

PS: Advance congrats for your wedding.

Last edited by ampere : 15th June 2011 at 10:47.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 13:48   #28
BHPian
 
Akkiben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 134
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Honeymoon drive to Dandeli!!!- Back from Honeymoon

First and foremost, i'd like to thank you all for the suggestions given.
I chose Kodaikanal finally. It turned out to be splendid!!! Stayed at the C.S.I Retreat. Perfect location overlooking the Kodai lake. Weather was made to order. Loved it. First time trip with me for my wife and she loved the place so much that she wants to go there again :-)
Akkiben is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suggestions needed for Honeymoon destinations in India rohan_iitr Route / Travel Queries 81 10th February 2018 14:40
Honeymoon@Andamans download2live Travelogues 68 24th November 2010 11:54
The Honeymoon Drive nkrishnap Travelogues 43 11th July 2010 06:53
Drive from Pune-Bijapur-Hampi-Dandeli-Dapoli-Pune mohansinha Travelogues 1 29th March 2010 13:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:33.

Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks