Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 22nd June 2011, 14:52   #1
BHPian

Default Route from NH4 To Joshi Hospital Kamla Nehru Park,Pune

I need directions to Joshi Hospital near Kamla Nehru Park, Pune from NH4. I will be coming from Mangalore. Upto Mumbai - Pune bypass road i have no problems. Please guide as to which exit to take.
Thanks in advance.
nityaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:57   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Route from NH4 To Joshi Hospital Kamla Nehru Park,Pune

First option:
You can take chandani chowk exit from highway.
Ask for chandani chowk/kothrud exit.
Take left for kothrud-->paud road-->paud phata-->Take left for SNDT college-->Again take left for LAW college road-->Take right for prabhat road-->TAke left for kamala neharu park

Once you exit at kothrud, you can ask kamala nehuru park , its famous park and anybody can guide you.

Second option:
Exit below warje flyover.
Ask for warje once you exit from katraj.
Highway is on upside and you need to take left below flyover of warje.
Then take right for karve road below flyover and follow the same road without any turn till you cross the NULSTOP chowk. You will hit 8-10 signals and on every signal go stright till NULSTOP.
Once you cross the NULSTOP signal. take first left towards prabhat road, kamala neharu park.

I think second option is easy , only one left turn after crossing nulstop and then stright to kamala nehuru park.

Last edited by sandeep joshi : 22nd June 2011 at 17:01.
sandeep joshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 17:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Simplest route IMHO would be taking the Warje Exit, head towards town (ie, right of where you are coming from, below the exit bridge) without turning anywhere, merge onto Karve Road, and keep heading straight until you cross Nal Stop. There are signboards everywhere. Once at Nal Stop, ask people at the petrol Pump. But you can easily get there after turning left from the Petrol Pump and keep heading straight.

EDIT : Just saw Sandeep's reply. Option 1 will be confusing for him I guess.

Last edited by sajo : 22nd June 2011 at 17:06.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 17:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Sandeep, in the first option you suggested, there is no right on to Prabhat Road. That has been a no right turn now.

Follow these steps.

Exit NH4 at Warje Flyover. Under the bridge, take a right. Continue on the road as it goes. Keep heading towards Nullstop (you would be on Karve Rd). Cross the Nulstop signal, after the immediate signal, you would find another signal, take a left (you would find two petrol bunks. First is an IOC and the other is BP). The left is immediately after the BP pump.

After taking the left, continue straight for ~a km. On your right would be Kamla Nehru Park. Cross the park, and then take the next left and left again. You are at Joshi hospital.

Have i confused you totally? . Call any one of us Puneites, we shall guide you then.

EDIT: Back to back posts from Sajo and I.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 15:20   #5
BHPian

No you have not confused me at all. I had seen these two options from google maps but wanted opinion from a local person regarding one way. Any landmark to know when i am approaching Warje flyover so that i do not take it accidentally.
nityaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 17:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

If you haven't already checked it out on Google Maps, here you go:

Khed-Shivapur Toll Plaza to M M F Joshi Hospital - Google Maps

Once you pass the exit to Sinhgad road and continue on the Mumbai - Pune bypass, you'll need to cross a bridge [which is in not so great condition]. After you cross this bridge, stick to the left lane and keep an eye out for a small green rectangular board with "Varje" written on it in Devanagari script and an arrow pointing towards the left. That's the exit to Varje that you need to take before turning right under the flyover to join Karve Road en route to Nal Stop.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 24th June 2011 at 17:20.
comfortablynumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 17:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

I think the Warje exit would be simplest for you (take the right turn while going towards Bombay). You can always use the GPS (Gaonwala Pointing system); roll down window and ask at Warje for SNDT. After merging onto Karve road, you will pass under a flyover. Take the first left after it, and keep going straight on the winding road. From here it is hardly a half km. and you can ask anyone for KNP.

Just ensuring you know to ask for SNDT at Warje, as sometimes there are some aliens there who dont know what KNP is!

EDIT: keep your eye open for tbhp stickerspottings and feel free to flag us down if you see us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Have i confused you totally? . Call any one of us Puneites, we shall guide you then.
Taking tips from our 'friendly neighbourhood inhouse directions' expert, are ya?!

Last edited by selfdrive : 24th June 2011 at 17:28.
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote