Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 11th January 2015, 10:11   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Lucknow-New Delhi via Kanpur or Bareilly?

These days due to extensive work on the 'finishing' of the Unnao end of NH2 the route via Ramadevi is closed. So use the alternative. Come towards Kanpur City, and then join NH25 using the barrage.

For this come to Vijay Nagar crossing, turn left, and then (I will prefer this) (remember there is a right turn involved about 3 km down) ) follow markings to GT Road and Gurdev Palace, cross the railway track. Then straight through at Gurdev (Zoo Road) and you will see the markings for the barrage. Using the barrage you join the NH25 (left turn) at Achalganj crossing (7km from the Unnao-Raibareli road crossing). This is the fastest route.

Just remember with six laning of the Etawah-Kanpur section (moving very fast) that stretch takes about 15-25 minutes longer. Tolls Delhi - Kanpur ₹660

Last edited by sgiitk : 11th January 2015 at 10:13.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2015, 07:29   #32
Team-BHP Support

If the road works in progress till then how about Agra-Shikohabad-Mainpuri-Kannauj-Lukhnow?

Are these interior roads still broken? As far as I remember they never were good.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 23:56   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_rana View Post
Hi,

I need to travel from Ghaziabad to Lucknow in next few days for attending a ceremony. There are multiple routes mentioned on internet sites and I am quite confused. Please suggest me the best route for the journey (distance, road condition, traffic etc).

Thanks.
Have you already travelled? And if so, is it via Bareilly? Road conditions? I too want to travel in this route, given that Kanpur section is in a mess.

Vipin.
Vipin Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 12:12   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

They caught a gang of looters in Etawah who had been holding up and robbing cars. Seems these chaps had a got at some SSP bigwig during the Saifai mahotsav so the ops went after them and caught about ten. So hopefully, Etawah area should be safe at night as well.
Old 2nd February 2015, 13:16   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
They caught a gang of looters in Etawah who had been holding up and robbing cars. Seems these chaps had a got at some SSP bigwig during the Saifai mahotsav so the ops went after them and caught about ten. So hopefully, Etawah area should be safe at night as well.
Interesting. I must've made 15+ trips from 2008-13, always overnight, and never had the slightest issue (or even near miss in Etawah).
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2015, 17:31   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

I do not think Etawah is an issue. What matters is the use of the barrage at Kanpur. I will try and find the link. The chap had put all the map references as well.
Old 23rd July 2015, 18:08   #37
BHPian

A colleague of mine wants to reach Raebareilly from the Lucknow Airport. He was hoping to catch a bus from Lucknow to raebareilly. Google is no help. Can anyone suggest where he has to go to board the bus at Lucknow?
He is arriving at Lucknow airport on 25th July (Saturday) at 1330hrs with his son and daughter.

Would the Taxi option exist? Would it be too costly?
nijelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 12:09   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
A colleague of mine wants to reach Raebareilly from the Lucknow Airport.
Would the Taxi option exist? Would it be too costly?
Update : Travel completed. He took a taxi from the airport to the bus stand. The buses were all filled to the seams. Since he had lots of luggage and his daughter with him, he called back the taxi guy and took it till Rae Bareilly. Rs 1450/- was the cost. Thanks!

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th July 2015 at 15:23. Reason: Since you asked, a merge is only required if posts are within 30 mins of each other with no other post in between. :)
nijelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 21:55   #39
BHPian

Any Update on the following route > Ghaziabad - Rampur - Bareily - Ambedkar Nagar - Hardoi - Lucknow.

I am aware that till Bareily the road conditions are good, but want to know after Bareily and also how safe is it? As I will be driving alone and I normally do night drive in this route.

The last time I did the same route but instead of Hardoi I went through Sitapur, the road conditions were pathetic.

Kindly provide the update
Shivanshu is offline   Reply With Quote