Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 14th October 2011, 20:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Trip to Holy Shrine of Maa Vaishno Devi : Need tips and suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Planning to visit in January. Is it a good time to visit this place in January?
If you are OK with the winter season then there is no issue at all. But do the trek in day time.

Shrine is open 24*7, 365 days. And yes rush will be less.
bluevolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2011, 20:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Trip to Holy Shrine of Maa Vaishno Devi : Need tips and suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
The shrine is open round the year. It would be the coldest month in the year though. You can expect less crowds during this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
If you are OK with the winter season then there is no issue at all. But do the trek in day time.

Shrine is open 24*7, 365 days. And yes rush will be less.
Thanks! Much appreciated! Will get back with some tentative dates to seek some help.
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2013, 21:41   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Reviving an old thread. Guys how to book the helicopter ride to the shrine? The official website for the same shows no dates available for a whole month and you cannot book for after a month. Is there any other trick/travel agent to approach for making a booking?
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2013, 22:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Reviving an old thread. Guys how to book the helicopter ride to the shrine? The official website for the same shows no dates available for a whole month and you cannot book for after a month. Is there any other trick/travel agent to approach for making a booking?
Just been to Vaishno Devi on 30 Mar. Couldn't get chopper tkt for upward journey. So walked up. But got tickets for all four of us on return leg from the Global Vectra counter at the top. I have had a similar experience during an earlier trip in Oct 2011 too. I think some of the hotels offer packages with heicopter included. Officially tickets can only booked online thru the shrine board site.
rajcs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 13:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

I will be visiting the shrine again this weekend. It's been almost 5 years since my last visit.

Anything particular that I need to consider apart from usual trip preparation ?

We are planning to start our trek on Saturday night as we want to attend the morning Aarti ( The one that is aired on Shraddha channel).

PS - Though for the past one month I was doing lots of cardio exercises to prepare myself for the 13 km long trek, I am now having cold and mild fever sinc last 2-3 days. I am bit better today, hoping to be back in shape by Friday. Anything specific for this scenario?

Last edited by bluevolt : 9th May 2016 at 13:53.
bluevolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 20:42   #21

We completed darshan on 13th April.
I think you are well prepared for the trip. No worries.
Depending on what time you are planning to start the climb, it gets really chilly on top in early morning. We started our climb 4:30 AM and were able to reach dham at 9:30 AM. We had two kids (10 and 6 yrs old) in our party.
MSMM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote