Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 9th November 2015, 14:04   #31
BHPian

Default re: Nagpur - Mumbai : Route Queries

Any latest update for road condition between Jalna - Akola?

Sindkhed Raja route seems to be in bad condition but this info is almost 11 months old.
amk_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 17:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk_2009 View Post
Any latest update for road condition between Jalna - Akola?

Sindkhed Raja route seems to be in bad condition but this info is almost 11 months old.
The above segments do not seem to have improved per hearsay.

However, if you are headed to Nagpur only then the best and fastest route would be via Nashik-Dhule-Bhusawal-Amaravati presently, although Dhule-Akola-Khamgaon are 2-laned stretches.
parsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 21:21   #33
BHPian

Thanks for the update.

My trip is planned from Pune to Akola hence the query.

Looking for suggestions/route update.
amk_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:40   #34
BHPian

Default Re: Nagpur - Mumbai : Route Queries

Hi,

How to avoid Aurangabad City Traffic? It takes 15-20 Min to cross Mahavir Chowk due to construction of Flyover.

Also Aurangabad By-Pass is 2 lane and lots of City Traffic is there. Please suggest.
I am travelling towards Nagpur from Pune. Please inform if any one has taken Jalna-Chikli-Khamgaon-Akola route.

Recent Updates:
Ahmed Nagar-Aurangabad Road is full of Undulations, Patch Work is done but still not smoth .
Jalna Bypass: Is re-layered & better now, no pot holes.
Jalna - Sindkhed: Patch Work is going on, Around 10KM of road is left to be patched.

Jalna Bypass-Sindkhed: Travel time is reduced from 1.5 hr to 40-50 mins.
shabahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 16:01   #35
BHPian

@shabahmad
I did Pune Nagpur (and back) around a month ago, though not the exact route you have mentioned.

Check out my feedback at
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3881998 (Pune - Nagpur : Route Queries)
RedTerrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2016, 19:53   #36
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai - Kolkata : Route Queries

Dear friends, I am planning for a Mumbai to Nagpur drive in the holi long weekend of March. I am intentionally posting on this thread as it covers this stretch and no separate active thread for Mumbai-Nagpur route found.
I avoid driving on 2-laned roads during dark as often the truck light beams get you blinded. Thus, keeping this in mind, I have thought of the following:
Mumbai - Nagpur: Depart from Kandivali/Airoli after office hours and plan a night stay at Nashik/Malegaon/Dhule. From Dhule onwards, is it NH6 straight ahead till Nagpur? Google Maps is showing a weird route bypassing Jalgaon and going through local state highways. Any experience or advice on this? Any inputs on hotel stay in the Nashik - Dhule stretch also welcome. I wish to experience the fun of old style 2-laned roads from Dhule till Amrawati.

Nagpur-Mumbai: This leg needs to be completed in a single day without fail as I have office on the very next day of arriving. Is it advisable to stick same NH6+NH3 route or take the Jalna-Aurangabad route? During return, saving of time is the most important factor.

Interestingly, last few posts seem to be only asking questions and there aren't enough advisers.
ameyawaghmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2016, 14:03   #37
BHPian

Planning to go to Shegaon from Mangalore in the last week of April 16. Please guide regarding route info. Normally we travel from Mangalore to Nagpur regularly and take the route given below;
Mangalore - Hubli - Bijapur - Solapur - Latur -Nanded - Yavatmal - Nagpur. The road from Solapur to Nanded is usually bad. But last I have travelled on this route is around 2 years back. Do not know the latest condition. Please give info about this route also. Regarding Mangalore to Shegaon google shows route via Satara - Aurangabad. I was thinking of going from Nanded to Shegaon. Whichever route the roads are good can be finalised.
nityaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2016, 14:54   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyawaghmare View Post
Dear friends, I am planning for a Mumbai to Nagpur drive in the holi long weekend of March. I am intentionally posting on this thread as it covers this stretch and no separate active thread for Mumbai-Nagpur route found.
I avoid driving on 2-laned roads during dark as often the truck light beams get you blinded. Thus, keeping this in mind, I have thought of the following:
Mumbai - Nagpur: Depart from Kandivali/Airoli after office hours and plan a night stay at Nashik/Malegaon/Dhule. From Dhule onwards, is it NH6 straight ahead till Nagpur? Google Maps is showing a weird route bypassing Jalgaon and going through local state highways. Any experience or advice on this? Any inputs on hotel stay in the Nashik - Dhule stretch also welcome. I wish to experience the fun of old style 2-laned roads from Dhule till Amrawati.

Nagpur-Mumbai: This leg needs to be completed in a single day without fail as I have office on the very next day of arriving. Is it advisable to stick same NH6+NH3 route or take the Jalna-Aurangabad route? During return, saving of time is the most important factor.

Interestingly, last few posts seem to be only asking questions and there aren't enough advisers.
Hi.
Did you make this trip? Updates pls as I am doing this route in a week or so.
Am looking at Mum-Nasik-Dhule-Akola-Amravati-Nagpur. Any info on any stretch would be helpful.
Shanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 16:53   #39
BHPian

I came back on Friday from my trip. Did Amravati - Nagpur and also Amravati - Shegaon during this trip. The road from Amravati to Nagpur is entirely four lane and excellent. The toll is a bit high. 80, 51, 10, 41 from Amravati towards Nagpur. Amravati - Akola and further upto Shegaon right turn is 2 lane but in good condition. Do not know the condition of the road further ahead.
nityaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 17:21   #40
BHPian

I took the Bombay-Dhule-Jamner-Amravati-Nagpur-Raipur. Bom-Dhule is great.. 4 lanes. Dhule-Amravati is a mix of decent enough roads and some bad patches. Certainly a busy NH6. Amravati onwards is great again.
Finished 1100kms in about 20hrs of driving time.
Return journey was the same.
Shanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 04:27   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyawaghmare View Post

Hi Ameya, can you share which route you took finally? Can you also share your experience and the road conditions? I plan to drive down to Nagpur from Mumbai in June and wanted to have the latest update. Google searches only turn up information from a few years ago.

Thanks for sharing any information you might have.

Farzad
farzadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 22:23   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farzadm View Post
Hi Ameya, can you share which route you took finally? Can you also share your experience and the road conditions? I plan to drive down to Nagpur from Mumbai in June and wanted to have the latest update. Google searches only turn up information from a few years ago.

Thanks for sharing any information you might have.

Farzad
I could not do the trip but ended up reading a lot about the road conditions.
Prima facie, it looks like that Mumbai Dhule Amravati Nagpur would be a better route.
The EEH inside BOM makes it easy to move out of the city. Route till Nashik is a butter smooth drive and traffic jams in ghats are far less than what you get see on the Pune Expressway night hours.
4 laning till Dhule and crossing Nashik city is a breeze considering the elevated section throughout town. Dhule to Amravati is a 2 lanes old style highway with few good hygienic eateries but aplenty of truck dhabas . Account 7 hours for this stretch.
Amravati Nagpur is a superb 6 lanes surface.
If you plan to take the Aurangabad Jalna route, which I would not suggest you to, Jalna to Amravati is a 2 lanes state highway that should take 4 hours min to cross.
Dhule houses many motels at NH3 - NH6 intersection and you may choose to divide your journey accordingly for an overnight stay.
ameyawaghmare is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote