Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 10th October 2012, 14:46   #181
BHPian

Default Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

Hi,

Want to know the road conditions for the following two routes -

1. Gurgaon - Manali?
2. Gurgaon - Dharamshala?

What is the traffic conditions, any trouble spots, how much time it will take. Also - will there be snow in Oct end (hopeful)

Pls let me know.
sach.sri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2012, 02:42   #182
BHPian

Post Dindigul - Batlagundu via Sembatti: Road repairs. Take alternate route via Kodai road

Travel advisory: Dindigul to Batlagundu/ Vathalagundu via Sembatti - Road repairs. Take alternate route via Kodai road and Nilakottai. October 2012.

The regular Dindigul to Batlagundu/ Vathalagundu via Sembatti road is undergoing extensive repair work as of October 2012. Travelling on this segment is a nightmare. http://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr=...ra=ls&t=m&z=11

Instead, from Dindigul go to Batlagundu/ Vathalagundu via Kodai road and Nilakottai. It is 6 kms more than the Sembatti route but is much quicker and definitely more comfortable as of now. http://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr=...via=1&t=m&z=11

Obviously this applies to Batlagundu/ Vathalagundu to Dindigul too!

This travel advisory will be useful for those going to Kodaikanal, Thekkady, Munnar etc from Trichy, Salem, Chennai (Madras), Bengaluru (Bangalore) etc and vice versa.

PS: Mods, Please move this to the appropriate forum if necessary; if the post is inappropriate, please delete it.

I have tried adding links to Google maps to show both the routes; please feel free to edit it if there is a better way to do it or delete it if it is inappropriate.

Last edited by Murugan : 14th October 2012 at 02:44.
Murugan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 12:57   #183

Default Re: Dindigul - Batlagundu via Sembatti: Road repairs. Take alternate route via Kodai

Thank, going to kodai on the 20th of Oct, your information was help full
Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 17:18   #184
BHPian

I am driving from Lucknow to Mirzapur on the 21st. Any inputs on the road conditions. Should I take the route passing through Allahabad OR skip it and drive via Handia NH24B?

Google maps shows the distance to be approximately the same.

Any updates on the road condition?
CrackedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 00:04   #185
BHPian

Thumbs up Calicut to Goa

Hey all !! I am planning to drive down from Calicut to Murudeshwar this thursday to attend a meeting for a couple of days. The plan is to leave for Goa with a couple of colleagues to enjoy the extended weekend.

Any pointers on the road condition ? I am familiar with the route till Mangalore.

How much time should I account for the first leg till Murudeshwar ? And the second leg to Goa ??

I will be the only driver in the trip and have driven non stop for 8 hours ( with two 10 min breaks.) Wanted to also know if I can consider driving non stop from Goa to Calicut or should i consider breaking the journey at Mangalore ?

I will be using my Alto K 10 Vxi for this trip.

Looking for pointers from all bhpians..
Mistakenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 05:49   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistakenguy
Hey all !! I am planning to drive down from Calicut to Murudeshwar this thursday to attend a meeting for a couple of days. The plan is to leave for Goa with a couple of colleagues to enjoy the extended weekend.

Any pointers on the road condition ? I am familiar with the route till Mangalore.

How much time should I account for the first leg till Murudeshwar ? And the second leg to Goa ??

I will be the only driver in the trip and have driven non stop for 8 hours ( with two 10 min breaks.) Wanted to also know if I can consider driving non stop from Goa to Calicut or should i consider breaking the journey at Mangalore ?

I will be using my Alto K 10 Vxi for this trip.

Looking for pointers from all bhpians..
Nh17 is in pretty bad shape after the rains.The only decent stretches are the newly widened roads between mangalore and kundapur.Mangalore to Murudeshwar would take you around 3.5 to 4hrs.From there another 4-5 hours to Madgaon as roads beyond bhatkal are mostly bad.Goa Kozhikode one stretch is going to be a very long and tiring drive on some bad roads and high traffic sectors.Suggest you break journey at mangalore and continue next day
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 15:20   #187
BHPian

Another travel lined up for Diwali breaks ( Pune - Mumbai - Surat - Ahmedabad - Udaipur- Ajmer ) .As always ,would be leaving Pune around 4:00 AM , first week of October to bypass the Ghodbunder traffic logging . Been a long time since I drove on this strecth (almost a year).

* How's the road condition in terms of traffic jams ?
* Any road construction going on / diversions , in the stretch ?
* Is the Ankleashwar traffic jam , still the same ?
* Use of Golden bridge suggested ?
* Would existing sun films (light green tints - 70% visibility ) be a problem in the states Gujrat / Rajasthan .

Gurus / Recent travellers please suggest .

Need to tarvel in first week of October

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd October 2012 at 16:55. Reason: Correcting spelling
jealousdiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 15:35   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Another travel lined up for Diwali breaks ( Pune - Mumbai - Suart - Ahmedabad - Udaipur- Ajmer ) .As always ,would be leaving Pune around 4:00 AM , first week of October to bypass the Ghodbunder traffic logging . Been a long time since I drove on this strecth (almost a year).

* How's the road condition in terms of traffic jams ?
Early morning, heavy truck traffic out of Bombay region, can be slow till GJ border, but improves after that. Rest of the route despite traffic, you can keep good speeds.

Quote:
* Any road construction going on / diversions , in the stretch ?
All complete.

Quote:
* Is the Ankleashwar traffic jam , still the same ?
* Use of Golden bridge suggested ?
Avoid NH8 bypass, take Golden Bridge route only. Traffic jams are 5-7 kms every day towards north side.

Quote:
* Would existing sun films (light green tints - 70% visibility ) be a problem in the states Gujrat / Rajasthan .
Remove all sun film.
Use yellow strip in RHS head light.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 15:59   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post

Remove all sun film.
Use yellow strip in RHS head light.
Kumar Saab as always , thanks for the inputs . All points well taken , Is there a real need to get the sunflims removed ? What would be the possible zones where one could get caught , since would be bypassing all major cities . Driving the beast ( Safari ) on highway without a sunfilm is like driving it without roof , scray thought .

Have not faced any problems till now on Pune roads hence the confusion .
Please suggest .
jealousdiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 16:03   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Kumar Saab as always , thanks for the inputs . All points well taken , Is there a real need to get the sunflims removed ? What would be the possible zones where one could get caught , since would be bypassing all major cities . Driving the beast ( Safari ) on highway without a sunfilm is like driving it without roof , scray thought .

Have not faced any problems till now on Pune roads hence the confusion .
Please suggest .
If nowhere else, you will be nabbed when you are crossing Bombay region itself where a major campaign is underway to remove sun film in all cars. Cops take this also as an opportunity to harass out-of-state cars.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 17:42   #191
BHPian

Dear Friends,

Am planning to make the trip BLR-BISLE-KUKKE-DHARMASTHALA-BLR , next week. I am planning to take the following route :

BLR-SAKLESHPUR-KODLIPET-BISLE-KUKKE-DHARMASTALA It would be of great help, if any of you have travelled recently can help with the following queries:

1. Condition of Sakleshpur-Kodlipet-Bisle-Kukke road.
2. There is a shortcut on SH8, via Hethur(bypassing Kodlipet). Is this motorable?

Looking forward to your responses .

Regards,
SAPVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2012, 15:06   #192
BHPian

Default kozhikode - tirur - chavakkad - irinjalakuda road conditions

I normally drive from my wife's house in CLT to my house @ chalakudy via valanchery-Kunnamkulam. But for a change I am planning to take the chelari - tirur - chavakkad - thripriar route. Plan is to start around 5 am from clt and visit Thripriar temple if possible.

Let me know if you know the current road conditions.
Thx
arjithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2012, 19:45   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: kozhikode - tirur - chavakkad - irinjalakuda road conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I normally drive from my wife's house in CLT to my house @ chalakudy via valanchery-Kunnamkulam. But for a change I am planning to take the chelari - tirur - chavakkad - thripriar route. Plan is to start around 5 am from clt and visit Thripriar temple if possible.

Let me know if you know the current road conditions.
Thx
Chelari-Tirur roads are great. Tirur-Chamravattam, was decent as per the latest info I have, but not like the smooth even surface of the NH or the Chelari-Tirur Stretch.
Issues for this route:
  • The the number of towns/crowded junctions you need to cross. But since you plan a 5am start, this should not be a concern
  • One railway gate (Chettipadi).
  • There is another railway gate near Tanur. There is overbridge construction happening there. So you need to take a deviation before that (clearly marked). This is a narrow road and will add 15-20 min to driving time.

In short if you are looking to save time, this route may not help. If you are just looking for a change, then it should be fine.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 01:46   #194
BHPian

I would be travelling from Bhusawal (MS) to Bangalore in a few days. The route I will take will be via Hyderabad. After a lot of research, I have narrowed down to this route:

Bhusawal-Khamgaon-Balapur-Washim-Hingoli-Nanded-Hyderabad-Bangalore

Now I have two questions regarding this route --

Question 1:
What are the route options between Nanded and Hyderabad? I am confused between the following three options for which I have not found clear answers on various threads on TBHP. It would be great if anyone can suggest me one of these in terms of road quality and traffic conditions:

Route 1: Nanded-Narsi-Bodhan-Nizamabad-Hyderabad
Route 2: Nanded(Bhokar Phata)-Bhainsa-Nirmal-Hyderabad
Route 3: Nanded(Bhokar Phata)-Bhainsa-Nizamabad-Hyderabad

Question 2:
I recently read online that the northern leg of the Hyderabad Outer Ring Road has been inaugurated on Dec 3. But I also read some comments stating that the road is not yet open to traffic and it was just a show by the minister for the public. Hyderabadis, have you travelled on the ORR stretch between Shamirpet and Patancheru?

Name:  Capture.png
Views: 4000
Size:  141.7 KB

If this stretch is not yet open, what is the other best route to bypass Hyderabad?

Thanks!
nileshch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 16:40   #195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I would be travelling from Bhusawal (MS) to Bangalore in a few days. The route I will take will be via Hyderabad. After a lot of research, I have narrowed down to this route:
I think you should take the Pune-Nagar-Aurangabad route instead of the one via Hyderabad. Very clean and more facilities I would say.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote