Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street and Travel Experiences > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2013, 08:47   #226
Distinguished - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,319
Thanked: 2,985 Times
Default Re: Coimbatore - Tirunelveli present road condition

Road conditions are good on the Pollachi-Palani-Dindigul route, except for some flyover construction work at Ottanchatram town.

Heavy traffic is going to be a problem though till Dindigul after which the 4-laned road takes over. Not only is traffic dense in Coimbatore-Palani corridor (especially till POllachi), but also beyond Palani when road is much more narrower too.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote

Old 14th March 2013, 10:45   #227
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Near NH 209
Posts: 1,218
Thanked: 330 Times
Default Re: Coimbatore - Tirunelveli present road condition

Coimbatore-Pollachi is recently tarred but when you start by 9 AM oncoming vehicle traffic is high.

Palani has a bypass.

Watch out for sudden crater-zones: these were once railway crossings and can take you by a nasty surprise. This occurs after you cross Palani.

As you near Dindugul, one lane of the road was being dug up to be relaid(this was about a month back). Kindly post the updates about it.

You can get farm fresh fruits along the 4 lane road in the Dindugul-Madurai section.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 10:54   #228
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,921
Thanked: 3,844 Times
Default Re: Coimbatore - Tirunelveli present road condition

All the more reasons to take the road via Dharapuram. One should see traffic till Palladam.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 15:00   #229
BHPian
 
smrtdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 169
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
All the more reasons to take the road via Dharapuram. One should see traffic till Palladam.
Thanks mate. Will stick to dharapuram route by taking L & T bypass from Eachanari. And while coming back hope it's safe to stick to the same route as I'll be starting from Tirunelveli around 8.30p.m. Do you think I can reach cbe by 2am max if I maintain an average of 80 km/h?
smrtdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2013, 13:10   #230
BHPian
 
varun.ppl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 145
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

Wanted to check what is the current condition of the 6 laning project on NH-1, from Panipat till Jalandhar.

Used this route last in Dec'12, a lot of 6 laning had been completed in Punjab side, but there were no road markings of any sort.

Also, most of the flyovers were still in a shambolic shape.

Plan is to go to Jammu, if the condition of NH 1 is still like that then would take Banur - Kharar - Rupnagar route till Dasua which connects back on NH-1A. It's much more scenic and has sparse traffic.
varun.ppl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2013, 13:42   #231
BHPian
 
amitw79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 84
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.ppl View Post
Wanted to check what is the current condition of the 6 laning project on NH-1, from Panipat till Jalandhar.

Used this route last in Dec'12, a lot of 6 laning had been completed in Punjab side, but there were no road markings of any sort.

Also, most of the flyovers were still in a shambolic shape.

Plan is to go to Jammu, if the condition of NH 1 is still like that then would take Banur - Kharar - Rupnagar route till Dasua which connects back on NH-1A. It's much more scenic and has sparse traffic.
I went on this route Feb end till Jalandhar. It is better than before now, although road markings etc are still missing...some of the pain points remains (Ludhiana mainly), another pain point is Jalandhar Bye-Pass traffic signal. This is the byepass which takes you towards Amritsar and then on we right on Pathankot Road.

If your destination is Jammu from Delhi, then I would surely advise the Rupnagar-Dasua route.
amitw79 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2013, 13:47   #232
BHPian
 
varun.ppl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 145
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitw79 View Post
I went on this route Feb end till Jalandhar. It is better than before now, although road markings etc are still missing...some of the pain points remains (Ludhiana mainly), another pain point is Jalandhar Bye-Pass traffic signal. This is the byepass which takes you towards Amritsar and then on we right on Pathankot Road.

If your destination is Jammu from Delhi, then I would surely advise the Rupnagar-Dasua route.
Thanks, my plan is to leave at around 11-12pm from Delhi, so effectively can cross Ludhiana and Jalandhar when the entire city is sleeping and literally not on the road. (OT - Being a Punjabi, i am well aware of the situation in entire Punjab, people are always on roads).

But, my only worry is no proper lane marking and diversion markings makes it a bit tedious exercise. I guess would stick to the Rupnagar route only.
varun.ppl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2013, 12:26   #233
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: kochi
Posts: 41
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Jaipur to Mangalore via Tonk, Kota, Indore, Dhule, Solapur, Kolhapur, Ankola

Please help me with the current road conditions of the above route. I wish to undertake the journey in end August with 2 night stop overs, as I'm not comfortable with night driving. We're 4 males driving either Duster or Linea (not decided which car to take yet). We're OK with driving 12-14 hours/day.

Also please suggest suitable night halting places en-route and anything specially to be taken care of on the above route (read somewhere that there are some safety issues at the stretch between Sendhwa and Shirpur on this route).

Our journey to Jaipur will be via Kolhapur, Pune, Thane, Ahmedabad and Udaipur so not keen on coming back via the same route.

Thank you in advance.
JohnnyBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2013, 18:10   #234
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,921
Thanked: 3,844 Times
Default Re: Jaipur to Mangalore via Tonk, Kota, Indore, Dhule, Solapur, Kolhapur, Ankola

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
Thank you in advance.
- Jaipur-Kota via Bundi should be OK
- Kota - Indore should be via Chitorh-Nimbaheda-Ratlam
- You dont have to get into Indore (if you are not planning to stay).
- At Lebad, you should latch on to the road to Pithampur.
- There you get on to Mhow bypass which is the road to Dhule.

I would say avoid Dhule-Beed-Solapur-Bijapur-Hospet sector. Not worth it.
Instead you can try :

Dhule-Malegaon-Shirdi-Nagar-Daund-Baramati-Paltan-Karad.
Its familiar route from there.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2013, 10:40   #235
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: kochi
Posts: 41
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

^ Thanks, ampere for the guidance.

What concern me is the road conditions. I don't mind driving a couple of hundred kms more if the road is good.

I think the reason for your suggestion to avoid the route via Solapur as the other route via Malegaon, Baramati is in better shape than the first. Right?
JohnnyBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2013, 10:54   #236
BHPian
 
bhavtol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Indore MP India
Posts: 58
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

- Jaipur-Kota via Bundi should be OK
- Kota - Indore should be via Chitorh-Nimbaheda-Ratlam
- You dont have to get into Indore (if you are not planning to stay).
- At Lebad, you should latch on to the road to Pithampur.
- There you get on to Mhow bypass which is the road to Dhule.
Now from lebad inquire about the new four lane toll road to dhar. Which goes nxt to dhar and drops u at manpur on idr dhule highway. Road from lebad to ptmpur is under construction . Pls refer google maps for diffn. In kms.
bhavtol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2013, 12:47   #237
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: kochi
Posts: 41
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavtol View Post
Now from lebad inquire about the new four lane toll road to dhar. Which goes nxt to dhar and drops u at manpur on idr dhule highway. Road from lebad to ptmpur is under construction . Pls refer google maps for diffn. In kms.
That's a vital and useful info. Thanks bhavtol.
Is the road conditions on route via Kota and Bund is not that great?
JohnnyBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2013, 13:02   #238
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,921
Thanked: 3,844 Times
Default Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
^ Thanks, ampere for the guidance.

What concern me is the road conditions. I don't mind driving a couple of hundred kms more if the road is good.

I think the reason for your suggestion to avoid the route via Solapur as the other route via Malegaon, Baramati is in better shape than the first. Right?


Check posts by Ashish.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-shirdi-8.html (Hyderabad -> Shirdi)

Thats the reason, I wanted to avoid Beed.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2013, 19:26   #239
BHPian
 
bhavtol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Indore MP India
Posts: 58
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
That's a vital and useful info. Thanks bhavtol.
Is the road conditions on route via Kota and Bund is not that great?
The Road from Kota to Jaora is good altogether except for few kms.
The Road from Ratlam (from Jaora itself) to Lebad is 4-laned and is good either in day or night. Its from Lebad that i suggest that rather than going to pithampur you can take direct highway to manpur.

The reason for this - you save tremedous time. As you are planning to travel only in the day and this being the most heavily industrialized area in MP you will face constant traffic including bikes to trailers as well as pedestrians all the way.

Lebad - ghatabillod - pithampur - manpur is best avoided in the above spirit.

From lebad move towards dhar rather than indore after enquiry as to where the toll road starts. I will try and find some info and post it in nxt some days .
bhavtol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2013, 23:03   #240
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,921
Thanked: 3,844 Times
Default Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavtol View Post
From lebad move towards dhar rather than indore after enquiry as to where the toll road starts. I will try and find some info and post it in nxt some days .
Is it that bad a condition from Lebad to Pithampur? (For about 25 km)
that there is a detour needed? Or its just diversions?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "Road Safety Tips" Thread! SirAlec Street Experiences 20 4th August 2014 15:57
OE Replacement - Navigation System for Cruze "Mega Audio" lawyer Sound Off and Show Off 46 22nd June 2014 18:39
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 54 1st December 2010 17:04
The "All India" Toyota Road Shows Thread smalhotra_93 The Indian Car Scene 78 31st March 2010 10:29
NCR MEGA Meet on 14th March 2008: "Dhoondte Rahe Jaaoge" extreme_torque The Team-BHP Meet Section 83 10th March 2009 22:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:26.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks