Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 30th August 2011, 09:51   #16
BHPian

Default Bangalore -> Nelmangala -> Kunigal -> Hassan -> Belur -> Chikamaglur

Drove on this road last week. Excellent conditions on NH48 (from Nelmangala to Hassan). First 100 KMs on NH48 is 4 lane butter smooth highway (maintaining a speed of 100 KMPH throughout very easily achievable). Then it becomes two lane road, but still good condition with minor potholes at some places.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 23:26   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Urgent info required: Current road condition of NH8 in South GJ & north MH

After the floods and rainfall of last week, the NH8 in south Gujarat and north Maharashtra was cut off. Even after the water has subsided, it is expected that the condition of the road would be bad.

Could someone please update regarding current status of NH8 in south GJ & north MH? The info is urgently required - Team BHP's intrepid explorer is on his way back from North India to Mumbai, and is expected to cross that section sometime tomorrow night!
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 16:29   #18
BHPian

Default Re: Urgent info required: Current road condition of NH8 in South GJ & north MH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
After the floods and rainfall of last week, the NH8 in south Gujarat and north Maharashtra was cut off. Even after the water has subsided, it is expected that the condition of the road would be bad.

Could someone please update regarding current status of NH8 in south GJ & north MH? The info is urgently required - Team BHP's intrepid explorer is on his way back from North India to Mumbai, and is expected to cross that section sometime tomorrow night!
NH8 is good all through...just drove all the way from Jaipur to Mumbai on the 1/2 Sept with a break at Baroda. Didnt see any evidence of rain damage anywhere....Baroda to Mumbai was covered in 5.5 hrs with 1 b/f break as well...so no issues there except after Virar for a few kms where construction is going on the highway!

P.S : Just saw that SS's message was on 2nd sept...

Last edited by nix1976in : 7th September 2011 at 16:31.
nix1976in is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 18:53   #19
BHPian

Default Re: The mega "Road Updates" thread

Returned from the trip.
Update on the route.
Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Thoppur - Salem/Mettur - Bhavani - Avinasi - Coimbatore - Walayar - Palakkad - Trichur – Cochin.

Bangalore to Palakkad is awesome.Like butter.

From Palakkad to trichur its a shame to be called an NH.Even village roads are better than that.
Post trichur its back to super butter smooth roads.
Alter_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 10:54   #20
BHPian

I have updated details about the Krishnagiri - Thiruvannamalai road (as on 31st August 2011) here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...bangalore.html (Bangalore - Kumbakonam - Thanjavur - Trichy - Madurai - Namakkal - Bangalore)

Didn't want to repeat it here....will post further road updates here in this thread.
Tempelhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 13:19   #21

Default Road condition between Nathdwara and Jaisalmer. CNG in Rajasthan.

From 1st November, we are planning for tour of 8 to 10 days for From Surat - Nathdwara - Jaisalmer - Nathdwara - Surat.

We are accustomed till Nathdwara, but how are roads between Nathdwara and Jaisalmer.

My Zen runs on CNG. Is CNG gas available in Rajasthan?

Please guide / help.
AkhileshDalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 15:39   #22
BHPian

Default Re: Road condition between Nathdwara and Jaisalmer. CNG in Rajasthan.

hi Akhilesh,
From nathdwara you have to take SH-49 to Sadri passing khumbalgarh on the way. From Sadri SH-16 till sindari where you join NH-112 till barmer and then Nh-15 to jaisalmer.
Distance
Nathdwara- Sadri :72kms: dont know the condition
Sadri - sindari 188kms: dont know the condition
Sindari - Barmer: 68 kms: Good Roads
Barmer-Jaisalmer-168 kms: Excellent roads devoid of any traffic.

While coming back take the route Jaisalmer- Barmer (NH-15) continue up to Tharad on the same highway (passing sanchor) and from tharad to Disa - Palanpur-Unjha-Mehsana-Ahmedabad-Surat route. This is approx 800 kms and excellent road all along. I did this road in Nov last year and could cover the distance in around 12 hours with decent breaks.

However if you could include jodhpur in your itinerary you could avoid the interior roads from nathdwara to sindari. i did surat-jodhpur-jaisalmer-surat last year and roads are excellent. (log is on the travelouge section)

Regarding CNG stations, well i dont think you would find any on these routes. infact i dont remember seeing any CNG filling station in jodhpur & jaisalmer. You would get these as soon as you enter gujarat.

Regards
Amit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkhileshDalia View Post
From 1st November, we are planning for tour of 8 to 10 days for From Surat - Nathdwara - Jaisalmer - Nathdwara - Surat.

We are accustomed till Nathdwara, but how are roads between Nathdwara and Jaisalmer.

Please guide / help.
dave7377 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 15:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:

Please guide / help.
We went to Balotra from Surat day before yesterday, and came back this morning. The route mentioned in the other post here (NH 15) is in shambles. The roads have been subjected to heavy rains this year, and the average speed from Dhanera towards Sanchore/Tharad is no more than 15 km/h.

You are bound to come across some horrible roads in Rajasthan in early november, as they wouldn't have been repaired by then.
mathranik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 17:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

The best route would be to take Nathdwara-Kumbalgarh/Ranakpur-Pali-Jodhpur-Pokhran-Jaisalmer.

My friend rode there 2 days ago and he reported excellent roads on this route.
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 17:17   #25
BHPian

It would be nice if you can shed some more light on the status of Nh-15 as to where all its bad coz dhanera to sanchore falls on MDR-108 and one touches NH-15 at sanchore. By any chance did you travel north of Sanchore on Nh-15 towards barmer.

i guess the route suggested by HVK sir should be the best one in current situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathranik View Post
We went to Balotra from Surat day before yesterday, and came back this morning. The route mentioned in the other post here (NH 15) is in shambles. The roads have been subjected to heavy rains this year, and the average speed from Dhanera towards Sanchore/Tharad is no more than 15 km/h.

You are bound to come across some horrible roads in Rajasthan in early november, as they wouldn't have been repaired by then.

Last edited by dave7377 : 12th September 2011 at 17:18.
dave7377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 20:07   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave7377 View Post
It would be nice if you can shed some more light on the status of Nh-15 as to where all its bad coz dhanera to sanchore falls on MDR-108 and one touches NH-15 at sanchore. By any chance did you travel north of Sanchore on Nh-15 towards barmer.

i guess the route suggested by HVK sir should be the best one in current situation.
Surat to Palanpur is straight-forward and extremely smooth road (via Ahmedabad and Mehsana). From Palanpur, I took Palanpur - Deesa - Dhanera - Sanchore - Ramji ki Gaud - Guda Malani - Balotra.

All that I traveled north of Sanchor on NH - 15 was around 40 kms, and that stretch is pretty horrible at the moment. From what I heard from the locals, the road till Barmer is broken (and at some parts, swept away). Your Zen might be scraping its bottom on this particular route. I suppose, you can vouch for the one HK Sir suggested.
mathranik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 20:53   #27
BHPian

Default Panjim to Udipi ??? road conditions of NH17

Hello mates, any updates on the condition of the NH17 from karwar onwards to Udipi? Planning on a drive the coming weekend.
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2011, 10:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Hello mates, any updates on the condition of the NH17 from karwar onwards to Udipi? Planning on a drive the coming weekend.
I did Gokarna-Maravanthe a month back, here (Monsoons - Road Condition Update) is the update.
narayans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2011, 15:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please guide / help.
Akhilesh,

Go by the route recommended by HVK above. It is an excellent road. Don't miss visiting magnificenet jain temple in Ranakpur. It is awesome.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 12:29   #30
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi People,

I will be embarking on a solo drive from Jaipur to Mumbai early tomorrow morning. Request you to please update me on the road condition in different sections, viz.

Jaipur - Bhilwara
Bhilwara - Udaipur
Udaipur - Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad - Surat
Surat - Mumbai

Heavy rains in the past 15 days in southern Rajasthan have me worried about the road conditions.

Thanks!

D
dushmish is offline   Reply With Quote