Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 19th December 2015, 11:33   #31
joe
BHPian

Default re: Coimbatore - Rameshwaram : Route Queries

Guys I will be traveling on this route in a few days, can somebody please provide updates?.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2015, 01:56   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Coimbatore - Rameshwaram : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by karts View Post
1.) Madurai - Dindigul - Vellakoil - palladam - Cpimbatore
2.) Madurai - Dindigul - Dharapuram - palladam - Coimbatore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think this is the cleanest of the lot. Dharapuram has a bypass too.

So as per second seems the best option. But the first one is also not bad. However I expect higher traffic on the first option especially you get off the four lane. Might be a good idea to check Dindigul-Dharapuram section with others as well. I faintly remember some one saying that this section was deteriorating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Stick to no.2. I did it last month
Hi ppl,

I was looking for feedback on options between Palladam and Dindigul/Madurai. Here I got exactly that and option #2 through Dharapuram works better.

Doubt I have is - from Dharapuram I do have to take road towards Oddanchatram and then NH209, or should I be avoiding Oddanchatram, if so what are alternates?
I haven't seen good feedback on Dharapuram - Oddanchatram section.
deepv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2015, 22:46   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Hi ppl,

I was looking for feedback on options between Palladam and Dindigul/Madurai. Here I got exactly that and option #2 through Dharapuram works better.

Doubt I have is - from Dharapuram I do have to take road towards Oddanchatram and then NH209, or should I be avoiding Oddanchatram, if so what are alternates?
I haven't seen good feedback on Dharapuram - Oddanchatram section.
Hi Deepv,

Roads just as you approach Dindigul are in real bad shape (10 kms before dindigul) Rest of the entire drive is very good.
karts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 23:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Deepv,

Roads just as you approach Dindigul are in real bad shape (10 kms before dindigul) Rest of the entire drive is very good.
Considering this is the most suitable overall route, I will stick to it unless by 'real bad' you think it could be damaging for the vehicle.
Old 3rd January 2016, 17:19   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Considering this is the most suitable overall route, I will stick to it unless by 'real bad' you think it could be damaging for the vehicle.
No damage to vehicle, My Verna did not scrap anywhere, so hope that will act as a benchmark
karts is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2016, 16:36   #36
BHPian

Quote:
No damage to vehicle, My Verna did not scrap anywhere, so hope that will act as a benchmark
Ooops .. your post was a little late

Considering your feedback, I took NH37 right turn after Oddanchatram on 2nd.
Thought it should not be worse than 'very bad', but that turned out to be a bad decision, particularly because movement was slowed at the town that passed in between and most of the later part on that stretch wasn't marked.
Road per se wasn't too bad with odd potholes and bad stretches, but it was got late in the evening delaying me getting on to NH7 (thus having to encounter totally unmarked road in dark).

In a nutshell, its a no go in dark, should be a decent option in daylight as on NH7 as well some sections are having diversions after Dindigul due to the repair work going on.