Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 12th October 2011, 11:50   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Driving directions from Pune to Gurgaon

Why dont you look at this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2351636 (Mumbai - Delhi Route Map directions)

Also please check out the timings to cross the Mumbai and Jaipur - Gurgaon stretch. Please avoid Jaipur - GGN in the evening / night.

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 12th October 2011 at 11:52.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2011, 17:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Pune - Delhi - Pune trip

Woah there, we are also driving down to Delhi. I'll be leaving Pune a bit earlier to and be with my family in Daman for Diwali, and would be (hopefully) leaving on 27th morning from there to Delhi. We are expecting to drive non-stop till we reach Delhi. Have to be there for Metallica. 6 Friends, 2 Drivers going to be a hell of a trip!
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 02:28   #33
BHPian

Ninjatalli
hi
avoid udaipur-ajmer-jaipur
Go via chittaurgarh(NH76) bhilwara kishengarh nasirabad and onto Jaipur(by passes all major towns)
it is longer but you will save fuel as it is a far better 4 laned(except for a bad stretch at kishangarh/udaipur)
I took this route in oct and nov 2010 and again in aug sep 2011.
In oct/nov i would not see a truck for 2/3 kms but now it is different.Truck traffic has gone up by more than 10 times and pretty heavy traffic.
AFAIK udaipur ajmer jaipur is 2 lane and you can imagine the difficulties if you are stuck behind a long trailer
Ample places to eat.
hope this helps
regards
PS if you are staying in Ahmedabad and if you like sherbet try,time permitting, and go to Motumal Tanumal.Best in india.Umpteen flavours to carry back home for hot summer days
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 08:18   #34
BHPian

Killer plan, Ninja. I love the rush one gets out of driving long distances at a stretch. Add to that the Metallica concert and F1 Grand Prix. When you are returning back, just make sure the head banging and fist thumping is well within control!

I am no expert on the GQ route, so I have nothing to add to these great suggestions.
nileshch is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 15:02   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Woah there, we are also driving down to Delhi. I'll be leaving Pune a bit earlier to and be with my family in Daman for Diwali, and would be (hopefully) leaving on 27th morning from there to Delhi. We are expecting to drive non-stop till we reach Delhi. Have to be there for Metallica. 6 Friends, 2 Drivers going to be a hell of a trip!
Nice! We seem to have an almost similar plan of action but with minor changes.

I'm going to leave Pune Tuesday night, and stopover at a friend's place in Mumbai. He'll be joining me in his car uptil Ahmedabad where we'll be put up for Diwali - we'll be leaving on 27th morning for Diwali too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Ninjatalli
hi
avoid udaipur-ajmer-jaipur
Go via chittaurgarh(NH76) bhilwara kishengarh nasirabad and onto Jaipur(by passes all major towns)
it is longer but you will save fuel as it is a far better 4 laned(except for a bad stretch at kishangarh/udaipur)
I took this route in oct and nov 2010 and again in aug sep 2011.
In oct/nov i would not see a truck for 2/3 kms but now it is different.Truck traffic has gone up by more than 10 times and pretty heavy traffic.
AFAIK udaipur ajmer jaipur is 2 lane and you can imagine the difficulties if you are stuck behind a long trailer
Ample places to eat.
hope this helps
regards
It does helps! Will be taking that route for sure. Thanks!
Quote:
PS if you are staying in Ahmedabad and if you like sherbet try,time permitting, and go to Motumal Tanumal.Best in india.Umpteen flavours to carry back home for hot summer days
Thanks! But Ahmedabad means home food - so doubt if I'll have time for anything else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Killer plan, Ninja. I love the rush one gets out of driving long distances at a stretch. Add to that the Metallica concert and F1 Grand Prix. When you are returning back, just make sure the head banging and fist thumping is well within control!

I am no expert on the GQ route, so I have nothing to add to these great suggestions.
Thanks!
For me the drive is of more importance than the race or concert!

Agree on the rush part - especially when you have the free time to stop anywhere & do whatever you want - that makes your day completely!

Q to all - once the trip starts, should I be uploading pics here or on my Vento thread?

Last edited by ninjatalli : 24th October 2011 at 15:19.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 21:20   #36
BHPian

Nitinjalli

It is not food. It is sherbet bottles like sold by kissan.
Far better option than having carbonated soft drinks

Last edited by Amartya : 25th October 2011 at 01:52. Reason: Edited typos.
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 25th October 2011, 15:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

And finally the D-day arrives! After several discussions & feedbacks, the route looks like this
Pune - Delhi - Pune trip-route.jpg

Day 1 (Oct 25th) : Pune - Mumbai
  • Leave by 6 p.m., reach Mumbai by 10 p.m. Have dinner in one of the numerous places on-route.
  • Have a mini-micro tapri/Barista meet with @souravc/@nileshch/@el lobo 61 at Mumbai at 11 in the night
  • Sleep! (If I am able to!)
Day 2 (Oct 26th) : Mumbai - Bharuch - Vadodara - Ahmedabad
  • Leave mumbai in the wee hours - I am to be joined by another Vento, a friend & his family! (Yay!)
  • Pickup another friend at Bharuch (& lunch probably)
  • A short meetup with another friend at Vadodara
  • Diwali at Ahmedabad
Day 3 (Oct 27th) : Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Chittorgarh - Jaipur - Shahpura
  • To Be decided on the route (Nothing planned!)
Day 4 (Oct 28th) : Shahpura - Gurgaon
  • Metallica. Headbanging. Loads of it.
Next update - whenever I get a place with net connection.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2011, 18:44   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Leave by 6 p.m., reach Mumbai by 10 p.m.
.... Next update - whenever I get a place with net connection.
Hey, hope you guys left on time and will be reaching Mumbai safely. All the very best for your drive and all the sundry other experiences that you say you are not much interested in.. (such as the F1 race and the Metallica concert..)

Please keep us posted about your adventure, will be following you virtually! Take care, be safe..

Cheers,
R_S
roadie_swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 19:05   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie_swift View Post
Please keep us posted about your adventure...
Hey, how was your ride to Delhi? Guess the concert news must have come as a real disappointment... Please update the forum when you can.

Cheers,
R_S
roadie_swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 23:47   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, hope you guys left on time and will be reaching Mumbai safely. All the very best for your drive and all the sundry other experiences that you say you are not much interested in.. (such as the F1 race and the Metallica concert..)

Please keep us posted about your adventure, will be following you virtually! Take care, be safe..

Cheers,
R_S
Quote:
Hey, how was your ride to Delhi? Guess the concert news must have come as a real disappointment... Please update the forum when you can.

Cheers,
R_S
Thanks guys. The trip was excellent - reached Delhi without any issues on the road. The GQ is a dream to drive - except for a bad patch outside Delhi (due to constructions) & last 100 kms before Gurgaon (bad roads & road expansions), the entire stretch is a dream to drive.

Will be putting up a detailed travelogue once I am back.

Concert was a dud - but the F1 made up for it. We got a world class circuit set up out here - it's a must for every indian F1 fan!
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2011, 00:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hey Buddy - You may want to check out my road trip from Delhi to Pune in the all new Swift recently

Facebook

Sorry about the Metallica concert however congrats on the F1 finals. I would also be there in the West tomorrow for the finals.
harishnayak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote