Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 16th October 2012, 18:06   #31

Default Re: Bangalore -> Bhilai, Chattisgarh

Thanks a lot buddy. 4 lane bypass was tempting so thought of checking :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Also, please share the latest road conditions b/w BLR-NGP once you are back.
Will be staying for some time in Bhopal (15-20 days) but will definitely update the condition after onward journey.
abhidube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 18:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhidube View Post
Will be staying for some time in Bhopal (15-20 days) but will definitely update the condition after onward journey.
Thanks! I will most probably make a trip to Raipur (via HYD-NGP) around Diwali timeframe so your update would help.

Also, I would be interested to know about the road conditions b/w NGP and BPL. Last I heard, the stretch on NH69 b/w Maultai and Hoshangabad was REALLY bad. If so, you might want to try the Chhindwara-Piparia-Hoshangabad route instead.

Last edited by cool_dube : 16th October 2012 at 18:13.
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 18:26   #33

Did the same trip in June (round trip). Definitely can't compare with Bglr-Ngpr patch but not that bad. Most of it got patches but no potholes. Don't remember exactly but atleast 100-150 kms before Bhopal, it was a freshly tarred road. It has rained quite a lot in MP this year so not sure about current condition.

If I made the trip, will update the thread.
Old 16th October 2012, 19:01   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot buddy. 4 lane bypass was tempting so thought of checking :-)
Incase you want to check the bypass you can take this bypass and join back to the Bhopal road, on the Jabalpur road after the you touch the Jabalpur road there is a nice road that takes you to NH69, though that would be a too long a distance to take instead of taking the normal NH69 from within Nagpur!

Pramod
pramods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 14:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Abhi... did you do this drive? If so, could you please post an update on latest road conditions?
Old 22nd October 2012, 16:23   #36

Yes, completed the trip yesterday.

Bangalore to nagpur, other then 40+ kms, the road is awesome. Listing down the 2 places :

1. 21 kms before and ending at P'Kowda : Mix of good and bad. Only one side of the road is available, with multiple diversions to either side. Some patches are ok, some are bad.

2. 22 kms before and ending at Wadner : really bad. No signs of road. Also it's very dusty so if you're behind some trucks, can't even see the roads. Done the trip in XUV so managed some how. Will be tough for vehichle with low GC and definitely not for night drive.

After Wadner roads are great again so somewhere compensates for last few kms. There is a small diversion near Hinnginghat but it's just 300-400 meters.

Continued to Bhopal after Nagpur so updating the thread with some info on that as well.

Till MH border, road is good then goes bad till Tigaon. Lot of development for 4 lane highway. After Tigaon it's mix of OK and good roads. Once this 4 lane highway is completed, it'll be one of the most scenic road to drive. Goes through forest, mariegold flower plantations and also couple of water reservoirs.

Thanks,

Abhi
abhidube is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 17:50   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, completed the trip yesterday. Bangalore to nagpur, other then 40+ kms, the road is awesome.
Thanks for the details - 40 km does not sound that bad. How much time did you clock for BLR-NGP? Also, did you use the Gachibowli-Miyanpur road to bypass HYD?

Quote:
Continued to Bhopal after Nagpur so updating the thread with some info on that as well.
Not sure where Tigaon is but looks like you ended up taking the Betul road. Is that correct?
Old 23rd October 2012, 17:34   #38

It's only 40 kms but really bad. My XUV was so shaken up that at Shahpur (after Betul), it suddenly went completely dead at a stop. Engine was not cranking at all and no indicators on my dial. Called the Relationship Manager and he suggested to check the bateery connection. He wa sdamn right. One of the connection point was very loose and had to be tighten-up. I was lucky that it happened in a town and I was able to reach the RM, otherwise could have costed me few hours.

Crossing Hyderabad was real headache. Took exit 19 on ORR but after that it was huge traffic. I'm not 100% sure if I followed the route after exit 19 as I followed MapMyIndia GPS. Passed through some Industrial area and it took me good 1.5 hours after the ORR exit to reach NH7 again. After that 7 hours to reach Nagpur, which included couple of tea and bio breaks. Even in Nagpur there was huge rush because of Koradi Mata festival so that slowed down traffic within Nagpur.

Yes, I took Pandhurna-Betul-Obedullaganj road. Tigaon is between Pandhurna and Multai.

p.s. : Started from Bangalore at 5:30AM, reached hyderbad (ORR exit 19) at 12:30PM and nagpur outer at 9:15PM.
Old 5th November 2012, 12:06   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
We are still planning for a Diwali trip, not firmed up yet. Should be confirmed by end of October, once done i will ping you. Are you planning a straight drive or with one stop in between?

If we decide to go it might be one stop strategy .
Hi Mayank, any update on whether you are making the road trip ?
Freebird82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2012, 17:17   #40

Came back from bhopal last sunday. Wadner & P'Kowda patches were definitely easier during day time. Managed 100KM/hr average speed between Bangalore & Nagpur. Crossing hyderabad is still a headache, desperately waiting for ORR to help in bypassing the city.
Old 19th September 2013, 16:48   #41

Default Bhilai - Bhopal - Jabalpur - Bhilai route query

I am planning to drive from bhilai to bhopal and jabalpur later this month in my M800.

BHILAI TO BHOPAL
ROUTE:
bhilai - nagpur - pandhurna - betul - itarsi - bhopal (600km)

BHOPAL TO JABALPUR
ROUTE 1:
bhopal - ambai - bareli - udaipura - shahpura - jabalpur (315km)
ROUTE 2:bhopal - hoshangabad - pipariya - narsinghpur - shahpura - jabalpur(338km)

JABALPUR TO BHILAI
ROUTE 1:
jabalpur - mandla - kawardha - bemetra - bhilai (366km)
ROUTE 2:jabalpur - seoni - balaghat - amgaon - dongargarh - bhilai(429km)

Need advice to select the route and an update on the current road conditions post monsoon.
anupam084 is offline   Reply With Quote