BHPian

Default re: Pune - Mysore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
- CR Nagar - Muguru - T-Narasipur : Decent / Nice roads
- T-Narasipur-Bannur : Good
- Bannur-Srirangapatna : A bit unknown. But I expect it to be good
- Srirangapatna-Pandavpura : Good roads, but lots of sugar cane traffic
- Pandavpura-KR Pete- CR Patna : Decent road. I heard it was good. I dont know for sure.
- CR Patna-Arsikere: Fanstastic
- Arsikere-Shimoga : Good NH206.

A more deterministic option can be :
CR Nagar - Nanjangud - Mysore - KR Nagar - Hasasan - Belur - CHikkamagulur - Shimoga

Take the Mysore ORR to bypass the city. Drive on Hunsur road till the point you see exit for KR Nagar.

Route Link

Second option is better to the extent that you get towns in between where you have options to break for food. But from a less traffic point of view, I would be tempted try the first option. Thinking otherwise, since there are folks in the car, I think it would be good take the second option.
Thanks Amp! Well they are all boys and wouldn't mind! And the vehicle is going to be a Terrano and hence bad roads here and there are not a major concern. I'll ask them to stick to the first option.
luvurride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2014, 01:20   #137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Thanks Amp! Well they are all boys and wouldn't mind! And the vehicle is going to be a Terrano and hence bad roads here and there are not a major concern. I'll ask them to stick to the first option.
Just to add: About 2-3 km from Mysore road on to Bannur SH, there is the hill range of Karigatta which has a beautiful temple on top. We had the pleasure of visiting this place at sunrise. And it was beautiful spectacle.
Couple of snaps of this place.

Temple decked up before the sunrise! (We were there by 5:30)
Pune - Mysore : Route Queries-img_2158.jpg
Yellow lining
Pune - Mysore : Route Queries-img_2241.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 26th December 2014 at 01:23.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2014, 08:29   #138
BHPian

Thanks guys. We had a good trip to Calicut last week. The Hiriyur -- Mysore stretch is in good condition. Stayed at Mysore (Adhi Manor). Next day around 7am left Mysore. 9am at Sultan Battery, had breakfast at Jubilee. and in other 2 to 3 hours reached our destination. Total 1100KM

I need another help to suggest a good hotel to stay around 2 to 3 hours drive from Bangalore on NH4. I have some work at Bangalore and planning to start from Bangalore around 3pm. I am driving with my family.
sarinkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2014, 09:09   #139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinkumar View Post
Thanks guys. We had a good trip to Calicut last week. The Hiriyur -- Mysore stretch is in good condition. Stayed at Mysore (Adhi Manor). Next day around 7am left Mysore. 9am at Sultan Battery, had breakfast at Jubilee. and in other 2 to 3 hours reached our destination. Total 1100KM

I need another help to suggest a good hotel to stay around 2 to 3 hours drive from Bangalore on NH4. I have some work at Bangalore and planning to start from Bangalore around 3pm. I am driving with my family.
Pretty much nothing I can recommend to stay for family. There is Navin Regency in Chitradurga and also in Tumkur. The place is at best average. I you need better places its has to Dharwad which is quite further up. Dont know if there are any good places in Davanagere.
Old 28th December 2014, 13:26   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Pretty much nothing I can recommend to stay for family. There is Navin Regency in Chitradurga and also in Tumkur. The place is at best average. I you need better places its has to Dharwad which is quite further up. Dont know if there are any good places in Davanagere.
Thanks Ampere. Navin Regency in Chitradurga seems a viable option. I guess i can reach there by 7pm, if start around 3pm? Looks like the hotel is not far from the highway? Any landmark while approaching the exit to this hotel?
Old 28th December 2014, 14:08   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinkumar View Post
Thanks Ampere. Navin Regency in Chitradurga seems a viable option. I guess i can reach there by 7pm, if start around 3pm? Looks like the hotel is not far from the highway? Any landmark while approaching the exit to this hotel?
The Hotel is on the highway. Its on the bypass. I remember seeing a medical college where you take an exit. (I checked in Google. There indeed is one college. But I remember the exit). The hotel is after the college. If you see Bellary/Hospet board for NH13, be assured you have gone past the hotel. Its on your side of the road. There is a Neon Sign for the hotel I think.

Last edited by ampere : 28th December 2014 at 14:15.
Old 28th December 2014, 20:06   #142
BHPian

Thanks Ampere. I will find it out.
Old 29th December 2014, 20:49   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

For Naveen you still have an option to get down the NH13 exit, take a U-Turn on the service lane and drive back. Its never too difficult even if you have driven past Naveen.

So don't worry if you overshoot Naveen on your left.

I drove to Mysore last Saturday via Nelligere-Pandavapura route (The one you will take) and the conditions remain same - Good!

Except frequent speedbreakers, you really do not have to worry about anything else. Advise you to take this stretch during the day.

I did my return drive between 8-9pm (70kms) and most of these speedbreakers are not marked at all.

Last edited by paragsachania : 29th December 2014 at 20:54.
paragsachania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2015, 18:23   #144
Senior - BHPian

Dear All,

Need urgent advise on best route for Pune to Kollur.
Driving on Saturday.

Regards
Rahulk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2015, 18:35   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Dear All,

Driving on Saturday.

Regards
Option 1:
Pune-Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Bhatkal-Vandse-Kollur

Option 2:
Pune-Hubli-Ranebennur-Shimoga-Ayannur-Ripponpete-Hosanagar-Nagar-Kollur

Option 3:
Pune-Hubli-Ranebennur-Shimoga-Thirthahalli-Agumbe-Someshwar-Vandse-Kollur

All are good options, with increasing order of distance.

You need to start very early to make it by evening. We are talking ~700km

Last edited by ampere : 16th April 2015 at 18:46.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2015, 18:39   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Dear All,

Driving on Saturday.

Regards
Pune-Kolhapur-Belgaum-Dharwad Hubli Bypass - Ankola - Honnavar - Bhatkal - Baindur - Kollur

Good roads all through.
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2015, 22:36   #147
BHPian

Default Dharwad to Mysore route

Hi, we are planning to drive from Dharwad to Mysore mid next week. Please do share your suggestions for the route. Thanks in advance.
Krishnan V G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2015, 00:55   #148
BHPian

Default Re: Dharwad to Mysore route

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan V G View Post
Hi, we are planning to drive from Dharwad to Mysore mid next week. Please do share your suggestions for the route. Thanks in advance.
Take a right from GQ at Hiriyur and just blindly follow SH-19 to Srirangapatna through Huliyar - K.B.Cross - Turuvekere - Nelligere - Nagamangala - Pandavapura. The SH-19 was in a great condition 6 months back and I'm sure it'll be the same now. In case you need any hotels or restrooms on SH-19, take a right at NH-48 at Nelligere where you can find a CCD and hotel Mayura.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 10th July 2015 at 00:56.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2015, 15:58   #149
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
In case you need any hotels or restrooms on SH-19, take a right at NH-48 at Nelligere where you can find a CCD and hotel Mayura.
Is this right turn onto NH 48 at Bellur Cross ?
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2015, 16:31   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Is this right turn onto NH 48 at Bellur Cross ?
Yes indeed. This is because the Nelligere intersection cutting across NH48 comes soon after the Nelligere Toll when driving towards Hassan.

Only after you cross this intersection you have CCD/HPCL followed by Bellur Cross where you have Mayura.

So one needs to turn right at this intersection, drive less than a Kilometer for CCD and later if you want to head towards Pandavapura, you need not make a U-Turn but instead continue further ahead turn left where this road again joins the road to Pandavapura.
paragsachania is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote