Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2014, 07:57   #106
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 53
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The Mysore-Srirangapattana-Nagamangala-Bellur Cross-Hiriyur road is in Good condition. You may have a lot of speed-breakers but the good roads will make sure you will ignore them in the end.
Thanks! That has taken care of the food and fuel concerns. The route is the one I need to decide upon having received multiple suggestions some suggesting the B'lore route and others the Hiriyur one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Route Link : http://goo.gl/dgPBqb

As regards to stay in Hubli, there is new Taj Gateway now.
Thanks for mapping out the route! Have you been on the same road recently?

The Taj seems like a good option for a personal visit. Rates are pretty reasonable. I was thinking of taking advantage of the fact that I have a driver and that I can drive long distances myself as well and doing the trip in one shot!

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th February 2014 at 19:48. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/MULTI-QUOTE within 30 minutes of posting.
prafulasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 09:01   #107
BHPian
 
palitrana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: mumbai
Posts: 74
Thanked: 101 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prafulasher View Post
Thanks for mapping out the route! Have you been on the same road recently? The Taj seems like a good option for a personal visit. Rates are pretty reasonable. I was thinking of taking advantage of the fact that I have a driver and that I can drive long distances myself as well and doing the trip in one shot!
Praful, I can vouch for this route as I did it just 1 month back on our way back from Kerala. We were coming back from kalpetta and after reaching Mysore at about 12 pm, we were still in Hubli by 7 pm. Awesome tar, zero potholes. You can easily do 100 kph above speeds, never mind the endless bumps. The traffic is light in most places. The route has a dearth of eating places. We ate at a hotel in KBcross, very decent rice meals hotel.

In Hubli, I would recommend staying at Dhamangi Comforts. Doesn't burn a hole in your pocket. Good Ac rooms, very clean and quiet, even though it is just opposite the bus stand. We stayed here overnight on our trip. They are quite high rated too, though not the taj experience. But the best for an overnighter. My wife is choosy about hotels, so since she gave this a thumbs up, definitely worth it!
palitrana is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 10:17   #108
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,769
Thanked: 7,436 Times
Default re: Pune - Mysore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by prafulasher View Post
Thanks for mapping out the route! Have you been on the same road recently?

The Taj seems like a good option for a personal visit. Rates are pretty reasonable. I was thinking of taking advantage of the fact that I have a driver and that I can drive long distances myself as well and doing the trip in one shot!

Here is the thread with recent updates on Srirangapatna-Hiriyur.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3358426 (Coorg recommendations)

Check with Issigonis. He was on this road a couple of days back with you car's twin brother ... The Jetta.

You should be able to get updates from him.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 15:04   #109
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 53
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by palitrana View Post
Praful, I can vouch for this route as I did it just 1 month back on our way back from Kerala.
Excellent! Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Here is the thread with recent updates on Srirangapatna-Hiriyur.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3358426 (Coorg recommendations)

Check with Issigonis. He was on this road a couple of days back with you car's twin brother ... The Jetta.

You should be able to get updates from him.
Yup. Going through that thread right now. I hope it turns out to be a good drive!

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th February 2014 at 19:44. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/MULTI-QUOTE within 30 minutes of posting.
prafulasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2014, 19:08   #110
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 53
Thanked: 17 Times
Default re: Pune - Mysore : Route Queries

A big round of thanks to everyone who chipped in with advice. I followed the route as per @ampere's suggestion and we managed to reach Pune in 22 hrs with 9-10 small 15 min breaks to walk the dogs and 2 slightly longer breaks. We left Kerala at 3 a.m. and reached my Pune residence at 1 a.m. on the next day. The roads are in decent shape and there are proper diversions at all places that are undergoing construction.
prafulasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2014, 20:57   #111
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,769
Thanked: 7,436 Times
Default re: Pune - Mysore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by prafulasher View Post
A big round of thanks to everyone who chipped in with advice. I followed the route as per @ampere's suggestion and we managed to reach Pune in 22 hrs with 9-10 small 15 min breaks to walk the dogs and 2 slightly longer breaks. We left Kerala at 3 a.m. and reached my Pune residence at 1 a.m. on the next day. The roads are in decent shape and there are proper diversions at all places that are undergoing construction.
Great to know this. So was it worth taking interior KA roads, or you think 4-lane would have been better? On the whole I think roads are good. Just that lot of distance has to covered in 2-lanes.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2014, 23:39   #112
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 53
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Great to know this. So was it worth taking interior KA roads, or you think 4-lane would have been better? On the whole I think roads are good. Just that lot of distance has to covered in 2-lanes.
I think you hit the nail on the head. The 2 laned roads keep you on your toes much more than the larger roads. The quality of the tarmac isn't bad at all. As a person who likes driving, I like going via interior roads. It gives one a chance to experience regional diversity. So it was completely worth it from that point of view.

Last edited by prafulasher : 27th March 2014 at 23:43.
prafulasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2014, 11:31   #113
BHPian
 
sarinkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 161
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Pune - Mysore : Route Queries

Guys,
Planning a trip to Calicut next week. How is the road condition between Hiriyur and Mysore? What is the typical driving time in this route and how many km? Please let me know.
sarinkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2014, 13:46   #114
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,416
Thanked: 1,536 Times
Default re: Pune - Mysore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinkumar View Post
Guys,
Planning a trip to Calicut next week. How is the road condition between Hiriyur and Mysore? What is the typical driving time in this route and how many km? Please let me know.
Hiriyur-Chiknayakanahalli-Nelligere-Pandavapura-Srirangaptna-Mysore-Batheri-Kpzhikode.

Hiriyur to Mysore should take you around 4.5-5hrs for the 220kms and Mysore to Kozhikode another 200kms to Kozhikode should take another 4hrs.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2014, 18:40   #115
BHPian
 
sarinkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 161
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Pune - Mysore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Hiriyur-Chiknayakanahalli-Nelligere-Pandavapura-Srirangaptna-Mysore-Batheri-Kpzhikode.

Hiriyur to Mysore should take you around 4.5-5hrs for the 220kms and Mysore to Kozhikode another 200kms to Kozhikode should take another 4hrs.
Guys,
Time for a vacation and planning to take the same route to Calicut from Pune as suggested by ranjitp1. How is the current road condition between Hiriyur and Mysore? Also last time we had problem to find some good restaurants on NH4 for lunch. We will probably reach Hubli or Davengere during lunch time. Any suggestions?
Regards,
Sarin
sarinkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2014, 18:50   #116
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 3,445
Thanked: 7,750 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinkumar View Post
Guys,
Time for a vacation and planning to take the same route to Calicut from Pune as suggested by ranjitp1. How is the current road condition between Hiriyur and Mysore? Also last time we had problem to find some good restaurants on NH4 for lunch. We will probably reach Hubli or Davengere during lunch time. Any suggestions?
Regards,
Sarin
Mysore Srirangapattana Pandavapura Nagamangala Nelligere Hiriyur remains in good condition.

The road quality was never a problem with this circuit. Its the frequent speedbreakers on this single carriageway. Still, I would pick this any day over Mysore Bangalore SH17. Its a breather!!

For food or cleaner rest rooms, you could opt for Café Coffee Day that is exactly situated at Nelligere (place you cross NH48). At the cross road, turn left (towards Mangalore) and drive for less than 1.5 kms and you have this CCD attached to a HPCL station. You have Mayura Restaurant as well after CCD.

So, you just plan your drive in a manner that the breaks get planned at this location.

After this,till Hiriyur you may have nothing to bank upon.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2014, 19:07   #117
BHPian
 
sarinkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 161
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Pune - Mysore : Route Queries

that is a good suggestion. I will use it while I am returning. In fact by the time I reach this place it will be around 4pm. I want some eateries between Hubli and Hiriyur on NH4.
sarinkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2014, 19:12   #118
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 3,445
Thanked: 7,750 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinkumar View Post
that is a good suggestion. I will use it while I am returning. In fact by the time I reach this place it will be around 4pm. I want some eateries between Hubli and Hiriyur on NH4.
I have told you about good options at Nelligere/Bellur cross.

From here till Hiriyur nothing. Hiriyur to Hubli note these:
1. Naveen Regency at Chitradurga bypass.
2. Apoorva Resorts at the beginning (rather before) of Davanagere bypass.
3. Kamat before Ranebennur Bypass
4. Ghar Dhaba after Ranebennur bypass (won't recommend)
5. Rajasthani Dhaba attached to HPCL at Shiggaon (11-15 kms after Bankapura Toll ).
6. Café Coffee Day attached to Garuda Restaurant just 2 kms after Rajasthani Dhaba
7. Kamat around 22 kms before Hubli circle (this one is on your right with a legal U Turn about 100 meters ahead)
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2014, 19:16   #119
BHPian
 
sarinkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 161
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Pune - Mysore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I have told you about good options at Nelligere/Bellur cross.

From here till Hiriyur nothing. Hiriyur to Hubli note these:
1. Naveen Regency at Chitradurga bypass.
2. Apoorva Resorts at the beginning (rather before) of Davanagere bypass.
3. Kamat before Ranebennur Bypass
4. Ghar Dhaba after Ranebennur bypass (won't recommend)
5. Rajasthani Dhaba attached to HPCL at Shiggaon (11-15 kms after Bankapura Toll ).
6. Café Coffee Day attached to Garuda Restaurant just 2 kms after Rajasthani Dhaba
7. Kamat around 22 kms before Hubli circle (this one is on your right with a legal U Turn about 100 meters ahead)
Great. Thanks paragsachania. Appreciate it.
sarinkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2014, 19:19   #120
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,769
Thanked: 7,436 Times
Default re: Pune - Mysore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinkumar View Post
that is a good suggestion. I will use it while I am returning. In fact by the time I reach this place it will be around 4pm. I want some eateries between Hubli and Hiriyur on NH4.
As Parag mentioned, its all about timing. Nelligere-Hiriyur is about 130km. So it would be easily 3 hours. And further up to Chitragurga even more so.

In effect it would be good if you can take a break at Nelligere. One you hit the NH48 4-lane drive towards Hassan a couple of km and you will CCD on your side.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore - Mysore - Ooty : Route Queries prashanthyr Route / Travel Queries 1594 30th November 2016 17:10
Madurai - Mysore - Ooty - Madurai : Route Queries RajeswaranK7 Route / Travel Queries 32 4th June 2016 21:07
Mysore - Yeswantpur - Airport - Mysore : Route Queries madaboutCARS Route / Travel Queries 18 25th December 2015 11:02
Palio: Pune-Mysore-Kodaikanal-Munnar-Banglore-Pune pawan_pullarwar Travelogues 66 22nd October 2009 09:31
Wedding bells in the hills!::Pune-BLR-Mysore-Masinagudy-Ooty-Gudalur-Mysore-BLR-Pune pjbiju Travelogues 15 25th March 2009 14:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:29.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks