Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 19th October 2011, 23:06   #1

Default Indore to Jagdalpur Diwali trip

Hey frenz,

Sorry i coudn't post an update on my Bhopal to Bhopal - 6 states round trip (Road Reviews for a Round Road Trip through 6 states) done last year . . . it was an amazing trip with loads of experiences . . . i drove the whole trip, testing my WagonR Duo to its limits . . . the car handled well with 4 persons & their luggages . . .

Well in between I did many more trips and the my WagonR fell victim to a road-crash on the infamous Itarsi-Hoshangabad sector on 12th June 2011.

God is gracious .

I'm back on roads, this Diwali I want to do an Indore-Nagpur-Durg-Jagdalpur trip & return.

I'm opting for the Indore-Nagpur stretch rather than Bhopal-Nagpur route. The conditions on the Bhopal-Hoshangabad-Betul-Nagpur stretch is pathetic. Even Shri LK Advani made a comment on the horrible conditions on this stretch, which he did last week during his Rath Yatra.

Kindly advice me the best available road from INDORE -NAGPUR. Please keep in mind that :
# I'm travelling by Swift-VXi.
# My brother & family would be my other co-passengers which includes a 4 month baby.
# With 2 small kids we need to have good food-stops every 2hrs.

We want to do it on our Swift-VXi as we havent taken it on any of our long drives except Bhopal-Indore. The WagonR, Fortuner & Pajero in our stables have been extremely trustworthy on our road-rages.

Kindly advice
Attached Thumbnails
Indore to Jagdalpur Diwali trip-wagonr-120611-33-.jpg  

Mystic Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 10:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Indore to Jagdalpur Diwali trip

The best route would be to go on Indore-Khandwa-Chikaldhara-Amaravati-Nagpur. I heard sometime ago that the roads in MH side after Dharni were not so good, but have no current update. Other choice is to take the longer NH3 route via SEndhwa & Dhulia, and then NH6 via Jalgaon and Akola, but I think that will be much longer and not offer you any significant benefits.

The NH6 from Nagpur is not so good till Bhandara, but after that it is good. In CG, road to Jagdalpur is good. YOu can also go from Raj Nandgaon itself to Kanker on the Raipur-Jagdalpur highway.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 11:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Indore to Jagdalpur Diwali trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Nomad View Post
Hey frenz,

I'm back on roads, this Diwali I want to do an Indore-Nagpur-Durg-Jagdalpur trip & return.

I'm opting for the Indore-Nagpur stretch rather than Bhopal-Nagpur route. The conditions on the Bhopal-Hoshangabad-Betul-Nagpur stretch is pathetic. Even Shri LK Advani made a comment on the horrible conditions on this stretch, which he did last week during his Rath Yatra.

Kindly advice me the best available road from INDORE -NAGPUR. Please keep in mind that :
# I'm travelling by Swift-VXi.
# My brother & family would be my other co-passengers which includes a 4 month baby.
# With 2 small kids we need to have good food-stops every 2hrs.

We want to do it on our Swift-VXi as we havent taken it on any of our long drives except Bhopal-Indore. The WagonR, Fortuner & Pajero in our stables have been extremely trustworthy on our road-rages.

Kindly advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
The best route would be to go on Indore-Khandwa-Chikaldhara-Amaravati-Nagpur. I heard sometime ago that the roads in MH side after Dharni were not so good, but have no current update. Other choice is to take the longer NH3 route via SEndhwa & Dhulia, and then NH6 via Jalgaon and Akola, but I think that will be much longer and not offer you any significant benefits.

The NH6 from Nagpur is not so good till Bhandara, but after that it is good. In CG, road to Jagdalpur is good. YOu can also go from Raj Nandgaon itself to Kanker on the Raipur-Jagdalpur highway.
I would recommend Khandwa - Amravati route as suggested by HVK. But check the present road condition.

Indore - Dhule sector is bad after Sendhwa where there are many diversions due to flyover construction and huge traffic pile up in Palasner is s regular feature.

CG roads are excellent.

You can look at my TL on Chattisgarh here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...arh-kanha.html (Meanders in Madhya Bharat Chattisgarh & Kanha)
Fauji is offline   Reply With Quote