Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 16:24   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,615
Thanked: 1,721 Times
Default Re: Planning a honeymoon road trip from Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Any pointers on where to stay in the above places?
You could check out Elephant Court at Thekkady
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 17:43   #17
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,604
Thanked: 8,594 Times
Default Re: Planning a honeymoon road trip from Bangalore

I think there is also a Club Mahindra in Thekkady.
You can try that as well.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 19:33   #18
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,195 Times
Default Re: Planning a honeymoon road trip from Bangalore

I just want to make the point that if you DO end up doing an extended roadtrip, make sure you branch out at some point so that the newlyweds can enjoy some privacy. All that time on the road with others around- even close friends- can become a little annoying. Your priorities may not be the same as his in this case. Jus' saying!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 19:43   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore -> Coorg
Posts: 367
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Planning a honeymoon road trip from Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I just want to make the point that if you DO end up doing an extended roadtrip, make sure you branch out at some point so that the newlyweds can enjoy some privacy. All that time on the road with others around- even close friends- can become a little annoying. Your priorities may not be the same as his in this case. Jus' saying!
I know what your trying to say. Just to make sure that they get time together, we have decided not to do any advance booking anywhere. We will go to coorg first and from there we will decide.
princezahed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 09:26   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default Re: Planning a honeymoon road trip from Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Kumarji any idea how the roads from madikeri to calicut and further on? I have already been to meppadi in jan this year so skipping the same. Also any places to stay would help.
Madikeri to Calicut - ideally, you would come via Virajpet, Manthavady, Vythiri to Calicut? But for the usual patchy roads in the Kodagu region, I think the rest of the route is OK. You can also try staying in Mugilu resort near Sakleshpur, which route you can use to go to Madikeri via Shanivarsanthe and Somwarpet.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 15:35   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore -> Coorg
Posts: 367
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Planning a honeymoon road trip from Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Madikeri to Calicut - ideally, you would come via Virajpet, Manthavady, Vythiri to Calicut? But for the usual patchy roads in the Kodagu region, I think the rest of the route is OK. You can also try staying in Mugilu resort near Sakleshpur, which route you can use to go to Madikeri via Shanivarsanthe and Somwarpet.
My route plan to reach madikeri was directly via kushalnagar. And the route I wanted to take to Calicut was as mentioned by you. Via Virajpet and Mananthavady.
princezahed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 10:40   #22
BHPian
 
sureshurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 132
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Planning a honeymoon road trip from Bangalore

Try out Lake palace , a KTDC property inside the sanctuary at Thekaddy. You may also lookt cardamom club.
sureshurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 12:45   #23
BHPian
 
Durango Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 774
Thanked: 672 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: Planning a honeymoon road trip from Bangalore

Honey moon is a time to get to know each other. Absolutely no "go betweens". Either you are planning the honey moon with the 'spouse' or with the 'car'. Two couples: better book 2 'coupes' and have a loooong train journey, rather than a long drive. I you are hell bent on the road trip book a limo for the honey mooners.
Durango Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 14:04   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore -> Coorg
Posts: 367
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Planning a honeymoon road trip from Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshurs View Post
Try out Lake palace , a KTDC property inside the sanctuary at Thekaddy. You may also lookt cardamom club.
Will have a look at it. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Honey moon is a time to get to know each other. Absolutely no "go betweens". Either you are planning the honey moon with the 'spouse' or with the 'car'. Two couples: better book 2 'coupes' and have a loooong train journey, rather than a long drive. I you are hell bent on the road trip book a limo for the honey mooners.
The honeymooners would not go alone. They wanted it to be a 2couples trip. Hence Iam going along with my wife. Its more of a trip than a honeymoon. As of now, we will just go to my estate in Coorg and then decide where to proceed from there. Not booking anything in advance.
princezahed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corbett-Kumaon-Nainital Trip - A small honeymoon Travelogue W.A.G.7 Travelogues 42 20th June 2013 14:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks